Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
furniture-removal
24 May 12 17:26
| Topic/replies: 21 | Blogger: furniture-removal's blog
The 2004 King George VI winner has moved to Ireland and is standing at Old Vics former base in Kildare covering NH mares,
he is a fine individual I believe, and being a top son of Sadlers Wells he should be ideally suited to the NH code,
any opinions ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Doyen as a NH sire ?
Show More
Report Prima Donna May 29, 2012 6:34 PM BST
furniture-removel,Sorry we all seem to have passed your question by without replying,Doyen should do well at his new role and standing with Micheal Hickey would be a big help.From memory (and at my age that can get at times hazy) he is a similar sort to the other Sadlers Wells jump stallions Saddlers Hall and Kayf Tara,so that could give you some idea as to what his success is going to be in his new job.
If you are thinking about sending him a mare I'd think he's not such a bad choice,so good luck if that's your plan.Have you thought about Beat Hollow?Like Doyen by Sadlers Wells on the up and commercial perhaps one to think about esp' if your mares big and rangy.
Report Johnny_Mustang May 31, 2012 7:47 PM BST
The Hickeys certainly know how to get mares to a NH stallion, so he'll have a chance. He's had winners and I could see him doing a reasonable job. The following is a list of dam sires of some of his winners, he clearly works OK with mares by German stallions.

Shantou 
Lomond 
Doyoun 
Valanour 
Surumu 
Caerleon 
Sternkoenig 
Moulin 
Ballacashtal 
Dashing Blade
Report furniture-removal January 25, 2014 4:31 PM GMT
I suppose the success with German bred mares is down to him spending a few seasons over there.
Doyen is doing well now....particularly over fences, Valdez winning the Grade 2 Lightning Chase at Doncaster today, I think the sire has had four runners over fences now and all have won.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com