Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
01 Jul 11 22:49
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
Both these two sires seem pretty much the same sort,both get good sorts,both have good pages offering speed and preciosity one is a son of a red hot sire,one is a great looking young stallion by a speedy and top class sire who is from about the best sire line going right now,both facing their first foals selling this year,Who in your opinion is going to be the most sought after in the sale ring this year and who is going to be the better sire when facing their runners?Its a tough one I cant decide!
Pause Switch to Standard View Captain Gerrard vs Dandy Man.
Show More
Report Wilycayote July 2, 2011 10:42 AM BST
you must have seen quite a few of both of their foals if you can already say "both get good sorts". I have seen one or two DM's but no CG's.It would worry me that the CG's might be too small having seen the sire, but I try not to pass judgement until I have seen plenty of them.However, I think Oasis Dream will make a better sire of sires than DDancer.
In summary, i think they might both struggle, but interested to hear others feelings.
Report potentialmillionaire July 2, 2011 4:19 PM BST
I think both of them are potentially tricky. Profiles are not sky high off the track and Mickley Stud doesn't add gravitas. Obviously Ballyhane is better on that front but Dandy Man has not received enough promotion over here in my opinion.

I have seen neither and I have seen no foals from them either so really am not best placed to comment (ain't never gonna happen thoughDevil)

I am not sure Mozart would have been the second coming as is often suggested. He was a 30k fee and covered real good mares but looked a bit in and out on that 1 crop. However Dandy Man does ace it on looks I guess.
Captain Gerrard would look to be typical of his sireline and I would be quite confident of him firing in winners - stud aside -

My guess is that Dandy will have some really good lookers and some less so.
But I would see C G getting a wirey but appealing type but with more consistency.

When those doors open at the foal sales we'll learn more.
Report Posh Paddy July 2, 2011 4:37 PM BST
I can see Dandy Man going well if Amadeus Wolf has a few good ones.  I seem to remember the Amadeus Wolf's sold well as yearlings so that could help.  Also he covered a nice sized book of 100 or so, not too many like Bushranger who did a staggering 170+.  I was also lead to believe that Darley still have a share in Dandy Man so hopefully there will be some support at the sales too. 

Captain Gerrard I've had no dealings with so can't really comment.

Dandy Man all the way, not that I'm biased [;)]
Report Wilycayote July 2, 2011 6:51 PM BST
Must have had a mind blank! Dandy Man by Mozart, not DDancer. Apologies. I would prefer Mozart anyway (mix up with Fast Company as they are in the same bracket of my very small brain).
Talking about Bushranger, has anyone seen the foals? Agree with PPaddy, I'd have liked him more if her hadnt covered so many. Huge books put me off a lot of Irish sires.
Report Prima Donna July 3, 2011 10:24 PM BST
Well looking at both of the foals by each of these new stallions I'd say Captain Gerrard should do well and just one point about him he is bred in a similar way to Invincible Spirit,as he is by a son of Green Desert along with his second dam being by Kris,I cant help it looking at the foals of his that I've seen I'm impressed I reckon they will sell very well this year,they are better than I thought he'd get.
As for Bushranger's foals well we have a few they too are very good sorts who are both strong and sharp looking ,with the numbers he's had he would be in with a good chance of figuring in the first season sires table,or at least I'd hope so.
Report neill d July 4, 2011 9:40 PM BST
covered 170 odd I gather (Bush Ranger), how much is too much?, can't have been all good mares, cheers
Report potentialmillionaire July 4, 2011 10:17 PM BST
170 is way way to many for a cheap commercial horse.

Why on earth would anyone want to back getting one of the top 15 foals in a book of that size?

I think he was quite a good bet to get good looking foals mind you and Prima Donna's experience seems to bear that out, but that is always a gamble and if there were 150 foals of an uninspiring make up you wouldn't find room in the bloodbath!

Sell at the beginning of the sale and everyone gets to wait for the next 80 to choose from or sell at the end and risk being the 85th ordinary one for people to ignore.

It's about the craziest hole we've dug in this crazy game.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com