Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Williamjay
29 May 11 16:13
| Topic/replies: 13 | Blogger: Williamjay's blog
I was talking to a good mate of mine yesterday about stallions and he mentioned a stallion called stowaway. I had never heard of him before so I looked him up and found that he had about 33% s/r last season over jumps. Does anyone know much about him etc??
Show More
Report jmc27 May 29, 2011 5:45 PM BST
Didnt know much till RTE's Robert Hall was chatting about him with Shark Halon went from 30 mares to 120 last year so that tells a story. Shark Halon has a few decent ones by him.
Report BI May 29, 2011 9:18 PM BST
I think Ronald O'Neill stands him. Shark's other half would be a daughter I believe. That's why the shark has so many of them. He likes them but you wouldn't know if that is just advertising talk or true. They seem to be tough enough. Shark's good novice hurdler a prime example. Stowaway was a Godolphin horse. I had him backed for the Derby but he had a setback and missed it. Subsequently ran up a couple of group races I think over a mile and a half. Worth watching.
Report jmc27 May 30, 2011 10:04 AM BST
Interesting BI
Report Williamjay May 30, 2011 12:34 PM BST
I just heard that he is after covering over 250 mares already this year. Does anyone how much he stands at?
Report Equimine.co.uk May 30, 2011 3:50 PM BST
In 2010 he was standing at Euro 1000, now Private I believe. He does stand at Whytemount Stud.

Whilst not trying to knock his record so far, I think the 2010/11 strike rate is a bit misleading due the 5 from 6 record of Hidden Cyclone.
Report victors May 30, 2011 7:11 PM BST
article about him here http://www.montjeu.com/archives/346
Report irish_guy_13 May 31, 2011 9:18 PM BST
2k now, fully booked,
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com