Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
06 May 11 15:10
| Topic/replies: 2,672 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
Be in no doubt, they're going to want to make a stallion from this one.

That ability to quicken is very sexy indeed.

He looks a wirey so and so and they said he was big on the telly just.

Looks to me that he could sire a racey commercial type, but  is that more likeley to happen than the production of a more undesirable  late maturer?
Show More
Report Prima Donna May 6, 2011 9:46 PM BST
I think you are right about them wanting to make him into a stallion,tonight I'm sure they are going to look at him a bit more seriously I think he would need to step back in trip to make him attractive,I'd like to see him win a GR1 over 10f maybe he can,first thing is a GR1 most likely the Coronation Cup and or King George then perhaps take on Frankle at York,lots to look forward to I'd say if he can redeem himself then yes I'm sure we would use him with the right mare I see no reason why he wont get classy 2 y'olds do you?Reckon they will try for a BC race later on too!
Report potentialmillionaire May 6, 2011 11:19 PM BST
With a 1m 5f under his belt, I agree he has to successfully step back. I don't think Montjeu's really is a good fit for an extreme stayer they seem to be straight down the line 1 1/2 milers largely. As we always say on here a weak Tattersalls Rogers Gold cup or Eclipse might be the best shot.

Champion 2yo is a useful tool for the P.R department. You've seen him haven't you? Do you have a handle on him?
Report Prima Donna May 7, 2011 10:39 PM BST
Yes I have seen him a few times,he always looked like a typical Sadlers Wells sort not your typical Montjeu,not over big but a nice sort who could get a 2 y'old,yeah both those races you mention should be on his agenda I guess,I wonder just how they will handle him as I think they completely over did him before the GNS last year,the greatest trainer may yet get tested this year and by himself it will be interesting to see how he gets on I shall be watching.[;)]
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com