Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tudor minstrel
02 May 11 19:29
| Topic/replies: 19 | Blogger: tudor minstrel's blog
Dahlia stks winner Iam a Dreamer is inbreed 3x3 to Northern Dancer , i am a bigfan of inbreeding especially  to good mares Little Hut for instance dam of Habitat and Northfields.
Pause Switch to Standard View Iam a Dreamer inbreed 3 x 3.
Show More
Report Prima Donna May 4, 2011 7:12 PM BST
tudor,I have a yearling for the sales later this year its 3x3 to a very good runner who later went on to be a very good stallion........one I know you are a fan of.We shall perhaps see later on this year if inbreeding is popular on the commercial front or if it holds us back,must say I don't much like the yearling but we shall see what the judges think,lots to like on paper mind.
Report potentialmillionaire May 4, 2011 8:53 PM BST
I had probably my biggest return (return as a multiple of stud fee) for a 3x3 filly!

I don't think it worries buyers as long as fashion and the individual aren't compromised.

If you don't like your yearling Prima, then I expect you know what's going to happen Grin

It seems to me that N.D. 3x3 hasn't had a ton of success but I've no idea exactly how much opportunity the cross has had. I think we haven't been big inbreeders in the last 30 years say, it's perhaps not been the height of fashion.
But we are surely entering a phase where we perhaps don't have the choice.

Do you remember Priolo, tudor minstrel? He had the full sisters Bold Princess and Pleasant Flight 2x3, a mating you'd like perhaps. It was a fascinating cross and pretty damn successful!
Report Equimine.co.uk May 5, 2011 10:18 AM BST
From my numbers ND 3X3 has produced 31 progeny. This is really too small a sample size for accurate conclusions.

From a mathematical probability perspective this has resulted in an ND3X3 inbreed having a 7.9% probability of producing a 100+ rated three year old. This is the entry level benchmark I use.

In theory an ND3X3 inbreed should give a probability of 5.4%, but of course this covers all ND sires, good and bad. If you took, for instance, Sadlers Wells as the Grand Sire (so still having ND3X3) then the theoretical probability is nearly 7% so not a great deal of difference between reality and theory. Suggesting inbreeding to this line is of no great benefit.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com