Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tudor minstrel
01 May 11 09:50
| Topic/replies: 19 | Blogger: tudor minstrel's blog
does anyone agree with me that Frankel amazing Guineas victory is uncannily reminiscent of that of Tudor Minstrel in 47 Guineas leading from the off under Gordon Richards on his own at half way winning by 8 lengths , as most of you will know he went off at 4-7 on Derby day finishing a well beaten 4th behind Pearl Diver .
Pause Switch to Standard View Frankel does a Tudor Minstrel
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire May 1, 2011 2:17 PM BST
I don't remember Tudor Minstrel's 47 Guineas t.m. , were you there?[;)]

But a similar display in the Derby by Frankel is obviously a real possibility.
Report tudor minstrel May 1, 2011 7:15 PM BST
mayb i was there in a previous life ! but no i wasnt , another decent Sleepy winner at Hamilton potential thats 4 this week.
Report potentialmillionaire May 1, 2011 8:08 PM BST
I was wondering where she had got to. I was concerned that she had been overdone at 2. One thing about the Sleeping Indians was that they were always going to be better at 3+ weren't they.

I hope Morache Music is okay. I wonder if he is waiting for that 3yo sprinters stakes race at Haydock.
Report tudor minstrel May 1, 2011 8:48 PM BST
She must b tough to come back for more likely to be nearer 90 now , her dam has a great record and still young from the MY Emma Classic Cliche family . the Strawbridge filly that won at Sandown is going to be rated about 110 , and the Coakley horse is very highly regarded.Music finished off 2nd in a french listed didnt he ? and beat older horses at Newmarket.
Report tudor minstrel May 1, 2011 10:05 PM BST
as my Tudor Minstrel Frankel connection has generated such interest !!! i will just add that like the mighty Frank Tudor was also by a derby winner all b it a war time derby in Owen Tudor.
Report potentialmillionaire May 1, 2011 10:22 PM BST
He was all speed wasn't he despite the Hyperion link and that's how he remained in pedigrees too was it not.

It certainly appears to me that Frankel could be the same on the track and at the stud. Particularly if his offspring have his 'exhuberance'.
Report tudor minstrel May 2, 2011 8:22 AM BST
he was all speed , and hes still passing that on via Bahamian Bounty and Pastoral Pursuits with a occasionally a bit of class thrown into the mix.
Report salmon spray May 25, 2011 4:24 PM BST
Owen Tudor actually won the Ascot Gold Cup,albeit at Newmarket during the war. Odd that his sire line is now almost entirely sprinter producing. The other remaining Hyperion one via Efisio isn`t exactly stamina packed either.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com