Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
30 Apr 11 20:15
| Topic/replies: 2,672 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
Oh dear, I bet those folks who have endlessly backed Danehill and Sadlers over the last few years are rooting round their broodmare barns now in a desperate hunt for a suitable mare for Frankel!

I would like to be off to December Sales with a high class outcross filly or broodmare.

Also my sympathies to the likes of Prima Donna or Ripvanwinkle who's operations are simply not good enough to have mares of the quality to send to the Wonderhorse. Obviously my mares are most suitable and frankly if Philip Mitchell rings me once more offering me a fantastic deal for 2012 I'm going to ring Khalid to have a moan. . .

Any Rowley Mile paddock watchers with interesting news?
Show More
Report Prima Donna April 30, 2011 10:15 PM BST
Saw Frankel today gorgeous looking colt blistering display,if he goes to stud Pot M you can bet your life we will send him a couple.The O'Brien horse is tiny didn't like him much all eyes on the wonder horse,let me know if Juddmonte offer you a deal,reckon I'd get a better deal than you![;)]Great days racing and great company this evening so I'll have to go now be on here after we get back home.Oh yes I fancy Richard Hannon's filly for the 1000 gns what do you reckon?Cool
Report potentialmillionaire April 30, 2011 10:37 PM BST
I've made it a condition that if I deign to go to Frankel it's strictly on the understanding that your mares won't be allowed in Prima!

I don't suppose you got to see the colt well enough to see if he is correct? I must admit that I am still reeling from todays display. I think it's going to be one of the top ten racing moments that I take to the other side.

French filly, Hooray or Memory for me tomorrow. I assume Aidan's won't be ready and I don't fancy a Halling on the ground. The streakers are doing good right now so perhaps Prescott's could hold on?

Hope your evening brings some snippets of trivia to share [;)]
Report RipVanWinkle April 30, 2011 11:34 PM BST
Frankel could be out of my range as well potm, although we do have some mares that would suit him as they would be considered in todays climate as out crosses. It was some display i just new when he went nothing was catching him, i was delighted for the horse as it was a bold move to go off like that from the start. What would be your thoughts on where next to go?

I actually like Havant based only on the fact that i liked o'briens filly whom she beat, i thought that was a good filly so maybe this is a better one.
Report potentialmillionaire May 1, 2011 2:13 PM BST
I thought Ripvan at 1/2 way that what on earth could they do with him next. I just assumed that the choke was out and they had burnt their boats for the rest of the season!

But then I realised that he was pretty relaxed, not pulling and after the race he was quite buzzy and full of beans. I would be terrified by the Derby trip, but could hardly blame Juddmonte for thinking 'why not'?

If my original worry turns out to be correct then I reckon he will still have a St James' Palace in him and quite definitely a July Cup.
Report jonnyrotten May 2, 2011 10:07 PM BST
I was there very impressive individual, but why did tom have to smack him as hard, did the same in the royal lodge too, no need imho, quite surreal for the crowd to start clapping 1f out a very special horse
Report potentialmillionaire May 2, 2011 10:20 PM BST
I think Queally is not without fault is he j.r.

He makes some pretty fundamental errors in my mind but he's still young so hopefully can go on improving.

Well done for being there!
Report jonnyrotten May 2, 2011 10:44 PM BST
if the RP is to be beleived he would have won the palace house by about 7L Shocked
Report sammy_fool May 2, 2011 11:40 PM BST
what do people think-would frankel beat canford cliffs/goldikova ?.it would be some race .i think he would .
Report RipVanWinkle May 2, 2011 11:55 PM BST
Weight for age could play a big part sammy. I am sweet on canford cliffs i really liked him last year thought he could have taken in another race because they looked easy to him against some good horses. Frankel looks very good but that was no race the last day i think i will wait til he takes on older horses in the season to make my judgement on him. But for me i'd say canford because you'd have to wait til ascot to make up your mind on whether goldikova has stayed sweet
Report RipVanWinkle May 2, 2011 11:55 PM BST
Weight for age could play a big part sammy. I am sweet on canford cliffs i really liked him last year thought he could have taken in another race because they looked easy to him against some good horses. Frankel looks very good but that was no race the last day i think i will wait til he takes on older horses in the season to make my judgement on him. But for me i'd say canford because you'd have to wait til ascot to make up your mind on whether goldikova has stayed sweet
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com