Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddywhacker1970
11 Mar 11 21:34
| Topic/replies: 377 | Blogger: paddywhacker1970's blog
Would any of ye flat breeders consider using him with a 8/10f mare? Hes a cracking looker and had more speed than four Gold Cups suggest. I reckon Coolmore will give him a bit of a chance with some of their flat mares. If he gets a couple of nice backend 2yo's in his first crop, it could get interesting. Any opinions? From reading ye lads and yer commercial mentalities, the idea is likely to get shot down pretty quick!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
Prima Donna
When: 11 Mar 11 21:55
From reading ye lads and yer commercial mentalities, the idea is likely to get shot down pretty quick!

Yeah your god damn right there'paddywhacker1970'[smiley:crazy]
By:
ribellaro
When: 11 Mar 11 22:14
Have to say though I enjoy PD and PotM's contributions to this forum, there does seem to be an imbalance towards commercial breeders views.
Of course you have livelihoods to maintain, but I'm sure you also think of the medium-to-long term aspects of breeding.
No axe to grind here, so I hope (and am pretty sure)responses will be civil.Is the primary responsibility of any breeders to produce winners/healthy horses/future stallion prospects?
Does sentiment have any part to play in the game (outside of the big players, I know about Sheikh Mo and Dubai Millennium)
Sorry for all the questions, btw
By:
paddywhacker1970
When: 11 Mar 11 22:17
If the world was full of PD's and PotM's, the Derby and Oaks would be fairly interesting affairs I'd say... 18 speedy bred sons and daughters of Oasis Dream and Invincible Spirit hack cantering to Tattenham Corner and sprinting home from there! :-P
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 11 Mar 11 22:48
Hey hey hey!

I discuss the commerciality of the game endlessly but I've also done a fair ammount of sticking up for the Halling, Montjeu, Singspiels of this world too.
I'm really keen to look at the actuality of breeding a racehorse as distinct from the sales horse and I almost never mate a mare without a jolly good shot at breeding a runner.

I would have used Yeats 1st season if I'd had the right mare. I didn't actually love him as an individual on inspection last year, nice enough but plenty of Top Ville. He'd need a neatish strongish mare but there will be some strong sales if his foals are nice enough.

Ofcourse he will have plenty of tricky moments commercially but everyone is aware that High Chap, Montjeu and probably Galileo could have had similar careers if campaigned in a similar manner. I can find a ton of reasons not to like the vast majority of stallions and the Ascot Gold Cup is Yeats' particular nemesis. He has covered some decent mares though and as I've said before on here he is the 1st genuine 'dual purpose' prospect in many a year in my opinion.
By:
ribellaro
When: 11 Mar 11 23:12
Thank you for the reply, potentialmillionaire. Your ability to assess a foal is something I envy and can only aspire to.
Is High Chaparral a potental flat sire?
And of course, my hobby-horse, Byerley Turk's; how do you see Notnowcato, Sleeping Indian, Indian Rocket and Indian Haven doing over the next few years?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 11 Mar 11 23:26
Notnowcato is not particularly typical of your tribe ribellaro and they will need time so I wouldn't like to guess on him really. Sleeping Indian's will improve this year but it is not too easy to see him making the sort of progress needed to become a 'player' Indian Rocket seems to be better in France but he and Indian Haven are also rans I'm afraid!
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 11 Mar 11 23:37
Is High Chaparral a potental flat sire?

High Chaparral found it hard for a couple of years and it looked like he might become a high class jumps sire at one stage but things changed rapidly for the good which was very encouraging for people who used him as he had showed a very good return on investment over the last few years.Being a such a high class racehorse put alot of pressure on him to deliver quickly. But his stud fee got a dramatic rise largely based on his southern hemisphere results with So You Think, Descarado & Shootout. Although he did sire a group 1 northern hemisphere winner last year in Red Wood. He looks to have some exciting year ahead of him. He also gets good fillies in Joanna, The Miniver Rose & High Heeled

High Chaparral's progeny will get better with age because he is so stoutely bred being by Sadlers Wells out of a Darshaan mare who comes from a good Aga Khan family which always helps for staminaHappy. High Chaparral is what i would call the model racehorse he is so athletic he barley touches the ground with a lovely stride. He was on the track probably the best racehorse that is at Coolmore in my opinion. He more or else done it all he won a major Group 1 at 2, dual Derby winner at 3 aswell as finishing his classic year with a Breeders Cup Turf, Then trained on at 4 to win one of my favourite races the Irish Champion Srakes aswell as dead heating for another Breeders Cup Turf.

Basically High Chaparral is a top sire in my book is he worth €25000 this year maybe not but you know what your getting with him he stamps his stcok like himself.
By:
AntoineDoinel
When: 12 Mar 11 02:21
...............................,-~*`¯lll... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
By:
A_T
When: 12 Mar 11 19:32
Of course you have livelihoods to maintain, but I'm sure you also think of the medium-to-long term aspects of breeding.

Laugh
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com