Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Koo....
03 Mar 11 16:29
| Topic/replies: 2,558 | Blogger: Koo....'s blog
I'll be at all and hopefully come home with none.

But if your not there you can snaffle a bargain so i'll do as much prep work from away as possible just in case.  Only bought 1 2yo last year and she won her only start so if i can continue that % i'd be happy

Just wondered if any regulars from here would be going to any of the sales, or indeed any newbies.
Pause Switch to Standard View Who's going to the Breeze Ups ????
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire March 3, 2011 10:09 PM GMT
They are outside my territory Koo. However they always seem to offer up plenty of real bargains with a relatively cheap sale price being no barrier to a good horse and an expensive price being no guarantee of the same.
Infact much like any other class of horse sale! It seems like more info on a horse offers no more likeliehood of getting it right!
You carry on with your 100% winners to purchasers and you'll be just fine Cool
Report revedesivola March 4, 2011 2:29 AM GMT
best of luck with your many purchases (i anticipateLaugh)
Report Koo.... March 4, 2011 12:20 PM GMT
1 from the 3 sales would do.   Unless i have anymore horses claimed and need something to bump numbers back up i might get 2.
I just like going, gives me a day off from the day job.
Report Snowydot March 14, 2011 1:51 PM GMT
will be going to Goffs @ Kempton, not to buy but to see how one of my yearlings I sold has progressed.
Report Koo.... March 24, 2011 7:59 PM GMT
Well im booked in to go to Kempton.   So anyone going will be able to see what i buy, now ive resigned myself to the realistaion im buying as i cant resist sticking my hand up Laugh   Im thinking of buying at the bottom end so kempton might offer me a decent chance rather than newmarket.   I dont mind the cheap end as if it cant win i can whack it in sellers and try and reduce the loss on investment.

ANyone else going or anyone got anything they like the look at at kempers ?
Report Koo.... March 30, 2011 11:12 AM BST
Well to keep any interest in the breeze ups going.   I bought a Majestic Missile filly for 7k yesterday. 
Fingers crossed i keep my 100% record.

Sale seemed expensive in general though with lots of horse i felt breezed poorly reaching amounts i couldnt dream of paying.  Obviously the 'experts' see things alot differently from me
Report Oasisdreamer March 30, 2011 8:25 PM BST
Hi Koo,

Best of luck with your filly.
Report potentialmillionaire March 30, 2011 8:34 PM BST
Well done Koo. There's always value at these sales and I think I'd back you to find it more than many others! There's loads of reasons why a horse is cheap and a great many of them are b=gger all to do with it's potential on the track. I'll be cheering your filly home in the Queen Mary Grin.
Report Koo.... March 30, 2011 11:58 PM BST
If she shows plenty at home start in a maiden if she only shows a bit then its the seller at redcar with claiming price of 10k if shes beat but shows up well.  Only need 3 weeks training fees as well.   Then a quick bash at the fillies listed race at Yorks dante meeting if she wins the seller or even places.

Then worry about life after that.  Bit of juice needed for the obvious knee action but she looked honest so thats a good starter for 10.

Just like finding a way out when im buying as i cant afford to absorb to full cost of too many if they never show anything on track.  At 7k if shes not great if i recover 5k from a selller then its not bad and then move onto the next project and hope that does better.
Report sageform March 31, 2011 8:56 AM BST
Hello Koo. Hope your purchase is OK. I only have the catalogue and results to guide me, but why was No 24 by Choisir out of Hernandita so cheap? My pick would have been the Royal Applause No 67.
Report GANT007 March 31, 2011 11:34 AM BST
Koo............I reckon you picked up a cracker........From the family of Cielamour, Orbis, Kaitlins joy......lovely page and hope she turns out well for you.

Lot 84 the Marju colt was the pick of the sale for a fair few people...........65k to the Mills family.
Report Koo.... March 31, 2011 12:10 PM BST
i liked the marju and prob might have paid 30k but i dont like paying plenty often.  Im too tight.
Sageform yes it was cheap and wasnt sold i beleive.   Brian knows who sold it so might find out about it.   Looked a good size as though 2 jobs would be acheievable if he took his stamina feom the dam
Report neill d March 31, 2011 2:16 PM BST
Best of luck Koo, great initiative there
Report Koo.... April 20, 2011 9:50 PM BST
Didnt do to Newmarket as im not in the big league sadly but finished off the breeze up tour for me by buying lot 99 today for 38k.   Hope theres nothing wring with it as it seemed uncannily cheap for a shamardal but my trainer and spotter both liked it and couldnt see anything wrong with it when we had it out so heres hoping.

The filly from Kempton was noted as a speedball but like many 2yo's has developed a stress fracture and is a week into 2 months box rest.   Was a shame as she was trapping along well with some older horses and i was looking forward for her running next week.

Never mind, long old season and the ground would be too fast for her if she was ok currently
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com