Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
02 Nov 10 20:01
| Topic/replies: 2,672 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
I'll stick my head on the block. I think that is okay.

Everyone else?
Show More
Report Prima Donna November 2, 2010 7:28 PM GMT
With his page I'd say he'd look better at 6k,but he is first time so he should be popular off the back of his sire,lets hope he can 'upgrade' his mares,but with his page doubt it somehow.
Report TheHonestScouser November 3, 2010 12:01 AM GMT
potential millionaire will it not hurt yee?
Report Prima Donna November 3, 2010 5:31 AM GMT
Now that the fee of 8k sterling is set for new sire Equiano do you think now we can now sit back and watch as the other stallion masters announce their once again high fees.
Report Johnny_Mustang November 3, 2010 10:16 AM GMT
Can't blame Newsells really, apparently he had 90 mares provisionally booked so they were unlikely to set his fee too low with that sort of demand.
Report Prima Donna November 3, 2010 11:39 AM GMT
That's a valid point but at 8k by the time you have your mare back home she will stand you in at say 11k then you have to keep the mare all the cost's involved with the foal and so on then if you are unlucky enough to get a filly with the trade as it is atm doubt anyone can be confident that for a filly foal they will get the top side of 15k,at face value 8k seems about right but when you factor in all things to consider and most importantly the trade to me like all the other stallions his fee is top heavy,but then that's only my opinion you could say he is a bit like Notnowcato he at face value looked a usable prospect but when you look into his pedigree like Equiano only slow rubbish hits you in the face,saying that mind you could use Equiano to sell your mare in-foal if you want to get rid of her as plenty of people will only see Acclamation forgetting the trashy pedigree of this new sire.
Report TheHonestScouser November 3, 2010 1:14 PM GMT
pd borrow some of these would yee .........
Report Prima Donna November 3, 2010 2:40 PM GMT
ConfusedDon't understand 'Scouser borrow what?
Report boba November 3, 2010 3:31 PM GMT
I believe the recently joined gentleman with the excellent command of english is offering you full stops... :)
Report Prima Donna November 3, 2010 4:27 PM GMT
OMG I din't realize we were all back at school...........how bloody childish [>o]
Report cunningplan November 3, 2010 6:44 PM GMT
TheHonestScouser     03 Nov 10 13:14 
pd borrow some of these would yee .........

actually
PD, borrow some of these would yee................
lets get it right scouse
Report potentialmillionaire November 3, 2010 6:57 PM GMT
Stay cool Prima,  as there's plenty of cr'p grammer on here, maybe we'll all be a bit sharper for your telling off! (though your posts are more lucid than most!!)

I see Shadwell are out of the closet with their fees and whilst they can be a bit spicier with their fees than most, because they restrict books and buy well, I thought that Nayef should have dropped a little more and Haafhd should have taken an extended vacation. . .

I wonder if Equiano's '90' mares will be sticking around now his fee is official? I suspect so because you can't take the 1st season draw away - any more than the indifferent pedigree - though there will be some competition between him and Paco Boy over here for a similar type of mare perhaps so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
Report Prima Donna November 3, 2010 8:28 PM GMT
Don't worry I always keep my cool,that guy Scouser is just one god damn turkey with seemingly far too much time on his hands,personally I couldn't care less if my 1,spelling or 2,punctuation is good bad or ugly hell I'm sure you all know what I'm sayingCool.
I don't know Equiano yeah I can see him being popular and I too did hear he had 90 odd booked some time ago but that could of been J.Dollar's bullmuck who knows......Yes he will face the likes of Paco Boy who like Equi' will be popular with you Brits,long term do you think Equi will improve a mare coming from such a weak pedigree?
Pot M,where did you see the Shadwell prices? how much are they standing for?
Report potentialmillionaire November 3, 2010 8:44 PM GMT
Nayef £12.5
Aqlaam 7
Haafhd, Sakhee, Mawatheeq all 5

I got an email - not sure why and it's also on Thoroughbredinternet as it happens.

I'm afraid I am looking at Equiano on a 1st season only basis at the moment. I suppose Pivotal started from a relatively plebian, stout damline so who knows? Mind you if I use him and get the merest hint of Ela Mana Mou, I shall be straight onto you for the number of one of your fancy lawyer chums Laugh
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 6:06 AM GMT
Sorry for not replying sooner Pot M,we had a few visitors last evening,anyway I tend to agree about Nayef he would be better at 10k and the others if it were down to me then they would be priced accordingly,Haafhd 2.5k,Sakhee 1.5k and the new horse of theirs 3.5k. Even in the extreme circumstance of choosing to use one of these stallions poss' you may just get out the other end if all went perfectly.
Using Equiano imo is only a short term prospect as it may all look great now but doubt he will make it coming from such a trash family in the long term reckon he will devalue your mare. These sort of stallions are only really for year 1 use only,you may make some cash for now (and that's what were all in it for)but you may pay a price a few years further.Anyone remember Where or When? good runner went off to stud on the back of his emerging sire's popularity  plenty of breeders used him but like Equiano nothing behind him he has been a total flop remember overall successful stallions generally come from good family's poor sires generally from poor family's.Anyway good luck to you and others and try and get a reduction if you can.

"Mind you if I use him and get the merest hint of Ela Mana Mou, I shall be straight onto you for the number of one of your fancy lawyer chums"

LaughIf I were you Pot M I'd give that a rethink as believe you me those guys sure do know how to charge,but if you so wish then yes I'll let you have the numbers.
Report potentialmillionaire November 4, 2010 10:13 AM GMT
I've read John Grisham Prima, I know the games they play!!

With your influence I'm sure you'll find me a no win no fee job Laugh

Where or when was a positive blue blood compared to Equiano - but he was a bit of a one trick pony wasn't he so I like Eqiano's consistency to close that gap slightly. I think I am not too likely to use him but you never know.

I see that the Shadwell stallions will be at Beech House for Dec sales and Newsells pair are at Mertoun Paddocks. With Makfi at the National I must applaud these guys for showing some initiative as it really does help to be able to get round them while we are all in Nmkt.
Report yer ma November 4, 2010 10:28 AM GMT
You can check Makfi out for ringworm marks, £10 for every one you find.
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 10:30 AM GMT
With your influence I'm sure you'll find me a no win no fee job

If only I had so much clout![;)]Your right Equiano was consistent and he was a reliable runner,I'm not trying to put you off him if you do use him as I said above good luck and I hope its works out for you.
Having stallions at Dec' sales is always a great idea as when they have the stallion parade at Tatt's Feb sale really that's too late most of us by then have already decided what we are all using.None of the Shadwell UK sires are on our list but we will pop down and take a look at Makfi who I still think is way top heavy.Plain
Report potentialmillionaire November 4, 2010 10:52 AM GMT
Yer ma,

I've probably got an aquaintance or too at Tweenhills. I'm going to pop down there with some nail scissors and spend an evening cutting circles in his coat. I'll try and keep most of them on his belly so it doesn't look too obvious, but I reckon that I can get 2500 done in a night.

And thanks to your kind offer. . .

Yeah, Prima his fee is definitely 5+ over the odds. Luckily I figured out a way to get one for free Laugh
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 11:24 AM GMT
Yeah, Prima his fee is definitely 5+ over the odds. Luckily I figured out a way to get one for freeShockedShocked

You must know dishy David very well!Now who's giving us 'too much information'[;)]Laugh

Only joking btw.
Report yer ma November 4, 2010 6:03 PM GMT
2500 circles at £10 = fee PD - do keep up :)
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 6:10 PM GMT
Sorry yer ma now I get it ............I am old mind so I have at least an excuse!BTW how did you get on with your Acclamations?
Report yer ma November 4, 2010 6:18 PM GMT
That would be telling but overall its a hard game at the moment - inclined to do more of my selling out of the ring until things improve.  As usual tho gloom turns to optimism of nicking foals and mares for a song.
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 6:43 PM GMT
Yeah I know plenty of people found it tough this year but good luck if your buying.Happy
Report RipVanWinkle November 4, 2010 6:47 PM GMT
Its the time to buyGrin
Report Prima Donna November 4, 2010 8:27 PM GMT
Pot M if you are out there my remark was only a joke,does this mean if I buy your filly that drink will be a very quiet one?
Report potentialmillionaire November 4, 2010 8:58 PM GMT
I think I get where you're coming from - finally - Listen lads (As Aidan said to the choir boys)
in my situation I ain't ruling anything out [smiley:crazy]
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com