Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
neill d
30 Oct 10 22:17
| Topic/replies: 9,909 | Blogger: neill d's blog
I know he has relatively recently been discussed here but I thought I'd see if anyone had anything new to add, I hope to match his constitution in the beer drinking stakes this evening. Murtagh can retire the parachute now anyway.
Pause Switch to Standard View Star Spangled Banner retired
Show More
Report Prima Donna October 31, 2010 3:37 AM GMT
Plenty of commercial breeders I've spoken to about this new sire seem luke warm about his chances some were cold on him,that was the consensus at the sales but they may change their minds between now and new year those comments were made when no-one wanted Coolmore sires.
Report potentialmillionaire October 31, 2010 12:54 PM GMT
As discussed elsewhere, the Danehill Dancer (negative) factor does appear to have a way to go before it is shaken off.

Monsieur Bond is no longer a failure though is he, and even Where or When has pulled a slight ember out of the fire. It's just that opinions in this industry are notoriously OceanGoing Lineresque. Laugh

I think Starspangledbanner has mileage, at the right price.
Report Prima Donna October 31, 2010 1:14 PM GMT
You have a point PotM but as you say depends on price 8k imo with the way trade has gone is enough,imagine if you get a CH filly she would start to look expensive,reckon they will price him to attract fast disappearing clients.
Report potentialmillionaire October 31, 2010 1:34 PM GMT
Wow, 8 - they'll be knocked down in the rush! they started up Choisir at 15 didn't they.

I think they'll ask 12.5 - 15. (But they should be at 10)

There aren't many stallions out there that can buck the Ch. f. thing right now are there Blush. And with SSB you might hit lucky and get 4 white socks!
Report Prima Donna October 31, 2010 2:12 PM GMT
Wow, 8 - they'll be knocked down in the rush! they started up Choisir at 15 didn't they.

Yes they did but remember times have now changed,in those day's making money was almost easy not now,maybe 8k is on the low side but at that price he would offer both value and a chance of a return for breeders,I won't hold my breath mind.
Report potentialmillionaire October 31, 2010 2:29 PM GMT
Just checking back in. Value for breeders? - you didn't hold your breath did you? Do I need to call the para medics? Laugh
Report Prima Donna October 31, 2010 2:39 PM GMT
LaughLaughMy wife seems to think he will be 15k poss'12k but no less as they paid too much for him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com