Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
30 Oct 10 17:26
| Topic/replies: 2,676 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
I thought I might start a thread to pick you mensa members brains about the odd stallion that I don't have much info on.
I was quite keen on Jeremy. He is well bred, always seemed good looking on the box which seemed to be borne out by his foal price and he was a useful horse on the track.
However, the world has not been set alight this sales season and interestingly his 4 top prices were achieved by fillies.
Why?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
Prima Donna
When: 30 Oct 10 20:58
108 in his first season 110 2nd,plenty of breeders used him for the very reasons you state,he had nice sorts as foals but people thought they are on the plain side this year,a well known pinhooker was telling me last year why he would not touch then,he told me they would be backward types he also said they had too much colour,I have seen plenty of Jeremy's stock imo most are nice sorts,can't help thinking people have been stung using son's of Danehill Dancer so are wary of him,your right he does come from a good family and stallions that are successful generally come from good producing family's,so I would still give him the benefit of the doubt atm.
The top prices may have had good pages behind them as he is well bred they may have paddock appeal later on,are you thinking of using him?I myself may take a chance on a filly foal this Dec' sales.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 30 Oct 10 21:47
No I don't think he is a goer for me Prima, it's just a case of sounding people out over matters that I am ignorant over ( a 365 days a year job as I'm sure you'll agree).
I suppose the Danehill Dancer thing is still currently a worry to some and the bkwd thing off that page would be a possibility, nothing as bad as his results perhaps?
He was one hell of a price to start with though wasn't he. I hope the INS were cutting deals because at 12k he was one of this years  bad  losers.
P.s. Excuse my ignorance - again - "too much colour" is that the same as lots of white?
By:
neill d
When: 30 Oct 10 22:13
12k jesus his dam must of had quite the pedigree
By:
neill d
When: 30 Oct 10 22:13
*have
By:
Prima Donna
When: 31 Oct 10 04:08
I agree for standing at 12.5k lots have lost on him,both the INS new sires him along with Amadeus Wolf sold well as foals but seemed to of shed their fan base this year,I understand there were deals available,I tend to agree about his page being a touch backward you are very much relying on any preciosity coming from Danehill Dancer,yes too much colour = lots of white.

neill d,yes Jeremy's dam has got a nice pedigree,nice but maybe not so sharp or early as buyers seem to want.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 31 Oct 10 13:48
Thanks Prima. Ofcourse a reference to a 'coloured' horse. I see.
And yes it's one thing we think about when looking to breed that commercial whizzbanger.

I hope through this medium and the like, people get more of a handle on the crazy little considerations of the buyer - and therefore the breeder - So many commentators / journos just don't have a clue how hard it is to arrive at that elusive product that the broad spectrum of buyers will feel 'happy' with. Happy
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com