Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
19 Oct 10 16:47
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
A very nice prospect high class son of Oasis Dream with a great pedigree to match sure to be commercial,what do you all think?
Pause Switch to Standard View Whitsbury Manor buys Showcasing
Show More
Report RipVanWinkle October 19, 2010 4:53 PM BST
He never really caught my eye i'll have a closer look at Arcano myself. Would you send one over to him pd when a more commercial son of oasis dream is standing closer to you
Report jonnyrotten October 19, 2010 5:05 PM BST
agree with you about the ped, and being commercial, have you seen him? i havent but he looked on tv to have a pronounced knee action and a short choppy stride
Report Prima Donna October 19, 2010 5:30 PM BST
Rip Van,Perhaps I will send one over but I may send one of our UK based mares to him,yes we will use Arcano,Showcasing has a better pedigree than Arcano,at 2 he was damn near as good,John Gosden said he was very similar to his sire,if he is half as good as OD he will be a star.

jonnyrotten,Yes I have seen him last year at York when he won the Gimcrack,again this year at Ascot he looked to have done well from 2 to 3,don't remember choppy action but when I look at him I will take note and he didn't need soft ground typical Oasis Dream I'd say,reckon as I said he's done well in terms of now looking like a stallion that imo is why he did not go on this year his mind was on other things,OD seems to get 2 sorts they are classy 2y'olds who don't always go on or the sort who get better with age like Midday.
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2010 5:36 PM BST
Mm.

I have just done some homework.

I sort of agree with you jonnyrotten about the choppy stride. I think though it is perhaps an Oasis Dream thing slightly and I think it is deceptive as he did seem to me to cover a lot of ground. There is absolutely nothing in his pedigree that says high knee action in a soft ground sort of way so I think I'll just put it down to an exagerrated action.

Pedigree wise we have no real problems do we.

Looks wise, I suspect he measures up too. You've seen him though haven't you Prima?

Obviously you boys over there have a more obvious prospect in Arcano. However the quality of Showcasings pedigree will bring them a bit closer together and the confirmation of the two will do the same if in Showcasings favour.

However, I do worry about soundness issues. There is no doubt in my mind that Juddmonte would not have let him go if there wasn't a catch. He would normally keep trying over here or ship off to the States and go the drugs route if there was the slightest chance wouldn't you think?

Anyway. As you say Prima, certainly an interesting prospect and god knows we are short of them over here. Stud fee 3.5 - 4.5 my guess.
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2010 5:39 PM BST
Sorry for the overlap here. I'm a slow typist!
Report Prima Donna October 19, 2010 6:55 PM BST
I think the reason Juddmonte have let him go is the simple fact he is not commercial enough for them on what he has won, as for going to the states what would be the point as they must know from John Gosden that he has simply not trained on.
First run back this year physically he looked like a man, he is obviously one mentally as well. He is ready for his second job so they may as well let him get on with it,they use lots of drugs in the states Pot'M but I doubt bromide is one of themLaugh
A nice fast and precocious type for you over there Pot'M, as you were bemoaning the lack of them a few days ago! 5k most likely imo.
Report Black Sam Bellamy October 19, 2010 8:00 PM BST
Maybe Juddmonte are putting their faith in Three Valleys instead ?
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2010 9:31 PM BST
I hope you are right and we are dealing with testosterone issues only Prima. The horse ran very well 1st time up this year though didn't he so it's perhaps not a typical 'hasn't trained on' scenario.

Juddmonte have been very wary of letting his type go in recent years though, so as you say whilst he's not currently good enough for them, they must have made the decision that he has no racing future under any circumstances.

Maybe confirmation of the facts will trickle out in due course.
Report Prima Donna October 19, 2010 9:47 PM BST
Are you getting tempted Pot'M?! I think that the first run back shows he has ability, but also that once he realised that the game was on again that he had to keep slogging his guts out and not just look at ladies he was not so keen! It is a very similar situation with Arcano, though he didn't put up a good first performance. Colty in the paddock before both starts and never ran a stride. The maiden that Arcano and Showcasing met in was the best 2yo maiden that year and the form just keeps on stacking up

"Juddmonte have been very wary of letting his type go in recent years"

They let his brother Camacho go and he wasn't a disaster.
Report potentialmillionaire October 20, 2010 6:45 PM BST
Did they sell Camacho? I wondered if he was stood like Distant Music for them. Anyway, no matter, I couldn't stand him and I think he has justified that opinion! (0.56 AEI)

But at least he is not a dud on the Where or When / Rock Hopper / Mystiko scale.

Given my much publicised problems selling anything right now, I have to look at Showcasing to try and get an edge with the nomination fee cupboard so bare!
Report Prima Donna October 20, 2010 7:26 PM BST
TBH I don't know if they sold Camacho,he has not set the world on fire but as I said above he is not a disaster,what ever happened to the great Rock Hopper?Julian Wilson always liked him,another dreg to add to your list above is Rambo Dancer,Hunsley House in Yorkshire had him a son of Northern Dancer.
I spoke to Whitsbury no fee yet but "in the region of 5k" sterling. Speaking on the 'phone to a few breeders today people tell me he is a nice horse who will be commercial lets see what they decide to stand him for,I understand he is still in NMKT atm.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 21, 2010 7:16 AM BST
Whitsbury have bought him outright, but Juddmonte have taken a few 'breeding rights'.
Report Prima Donna October 21, 2010 7:36 AM BST
Saw that,Juddmonte must think he has a chance and don't want to be completely out of him,but with his form they could't stand him in NMKT,the fact they have lifetime breeding rights suggests they will use him,so with them they are sure to send him some mares that could give him a chance.
Report beefster1 October 22, 2010 6:16 PM BST
Theres a Dansili half sister to Showcasing in the Goffs breeding stock sale. Wonder what she'll make?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com