Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tiswallaceno7
16 Oct 10 19:52
| Topic/replies: 487 | Blogger: Tiswallaceno7's blog
I heard Jim McGrath mention today after Frankel Victory that Galileo is now even better than his sire.

A look down the roll list of Galileo progeny and a 1-2 in today's Dewhurst does He have the right to be called the World's Best Sire. Also the cross with the Danehill mare's have been a very successful niche and could be the backbone of the new era of European breeding.

Let the Bidding War commence for Frankel from Coolmore and Darley but i doubt the Prince will sell this fella like he did Danehill
Pause Switch to Standard View Galileo Better than Sadlers Wells?
Show More
Report DMCK October 16, 2010 8:22 PM BST
you really dont know much..
  why would juddemonte sell? they have 2 of the top stallions in dansili and Oasis Dream, they may not part take in the sales as they breed their own but they're a major player and only sell on stallions if they're not a success just like Coolmore and Darley.
BTW you really dont know the full story of how danehill ended up at coolmore
Report Tiswallaceno7 October 16, 2010 9:00 PM BST
"why would juddemonte sell?"

Everyone has their price? Why itis extremly extremly unlikely.... strange things can happen. Juddmonte don't need to sell and them and Aga Khan are the best and most successful breeders of their own stock but when in any market when a such a unique item comes in to play it would only be natural arose the interest of others.

"BTW you really dont know the full story of how danehill ended up at coolmore"

All i know is what was in the public domain that he was sold in partnership to Coolmore and a Auzzie stud and then Coolmore bought out the other stud share for North of 20 Million. Fill me in on the rest so please
Report DMCK October 17, 2010 12:21 AM BST
sold to aussie, deemed not good enough coolmore bought him when they saw he was constintly up grading the mares he covered, prince KA fumble, hence why they dont let a stallion move easy on these days.

The multi millionaire Prince KA isnt really in need of money so i dont see him selling no matter what the price until he stands him himself for 3 or 4 years... anyway i really doubt the boys or the sheiks would even try open neogications...but wallace im not being confrontatiopnal here im just trying to say that while juddmonte dont buy in the sales as been in the business of breeding his own for many a year now they are no smaller than Coolmore and Darley in terms of cccmpetivness
Report kincsem October 17, 2010 1:41 AM BST
Galileo : Sadler's Wells ... as ... Tiger Woods : Jack Nicklaus

You need to put the numbers on the board to be the best.
Report Prima Donna October 17, 2010 9:17 AM BST
If that's what he said then he is being rather premature in his assessment,as Sadlers Wells is the most successful TB stallion in the history of the TB.
Galileo may yet turn out to be better in every way but at the moment he has a mountain to climb in even matching SW success,both in terms of achievement as a sire and a sire of sires,but saying that Galileo is looking like he can rank alongside his own sire as a great stallion if he continues the fantastic start he has made so far,its possible Galileo can in time be considered SW superior but still a bit quick to come out with such sweeping statements.
Report sageform October 17, 2010 1:20 PM BST
No doubt that Galileo is producing top class 2yo's every year and some of them train on. He is still nowhere near Sadlers Wells in terms of number of winners though. They are also very poor on AW surfaces as were Sadlers Wells progeny.
Report Tiswallaceno7 October 17, 2010 1:28 PM BST
"The multi millionaire Prince KA isnt really in need of money so i dont see him selling no matter what the price until he stands him himself for 3 or 4 years... anyway i really doubt the boys or the sheiks would even try open neogications...but wallace im not being confrontatiopnal here im just trying to say that while juddmonte dont buy in the sales as been in the business of breeding his own for many a year now they are no smaller than Coolmore and Darley in terms of cccmpetivness"

Agree with everything you say in fact if i could own any of the 4 Big Breeding operation i would like the Prince's. That operation is just a superb run breeding establishment and with picture editor and frankel good time's are here
Report potentialmillionaire October 18, 2010 8:26 PM BST
Coolmore bought Danehill with Arrowfield out of training.

He was of course hopelessly back at the knee which was I assume a precipitating factor in his sale by Juddmonte. However I love the story that says a key stallion man took one look at him on his arrival at Coolmore and said jeez look at those front wheels. Whereupon the bigwigs were rolled out for a major pow-wow because they hadn't really been spotted at the time of purchase!

So  awareness of the knees perhaps did for Juddmonte and lack of awareness, the opposite for Coolmore!

Please don't spoil this story by telling me it's not true Laugh
Report cunningplan October 20, 2010 9:26 AM BST
it doesnt matter if galileo is better than sadlers wells its suffice to say both great stallions and influences
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com