Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
30 Sep 10 20:28
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
Will he have appeal coming from such a high class family?How much is he likely to be standing for,is he just an owner breeder sire or is he going to be commercial?Any thoughts.
Pause Switch to Standard View Mawatheeq retired to stand at Nunnery...
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2010 8:42 PM BST
Well I've just had to look him up, so that's not a good start.
Perhaps Hamdam's names being so unfamiliar is most of the reason though.

I'd've thought that he was a 5 grander really? That seems a bit modest for Nunnery though.

Never say never but he'd have to be an absolute stunner to wet my whistle.
Report Prima Donna September 30, 2010 8:53 PM BST
That has about summed up what I was thinking Pot M. I thought they would try him at about 5k. A nice pedigree, but is he likely to get 2yo's? How much would he have been handicapped by being trained by the Pimms-swigging Marcus Tregoning?!
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2010 9:18 PM BST
He'll have to buck a hell of a big trend if he's to get significant 2yo's surely.

Does that mean I've got to give up partaking in the odd fruity cordial?
Report blackbarn September 30, 2010 9:51 PM BST
I am gutted - he was one of my three bankers in my Hamdan/Shadwell 10 to follow list for this season.  This is one of the most challenging comps in racing, hence Marcus doesn't enter.

Nearly everyone else does of course. Angus Gold 32nd, just behind a bloke from Maintenance.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 1, 2010 1:17 PM BST
Does that competition really exist, Blackbarn?
Report blackbarn October 1, 2010 2:17 PM BST
Certainly does!! Want some details?.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 1, 2010 6:18 PM BST
Definitely Blackbarn! Post them up please.
Report blackbarn October 1, 2010 6:56 PM BST
Hi Johnny,  the comp is open to all Shadwell employees, plus it seems Hamdan's trainers although not many enter. You have to pick 10 horses from all H's horses trained in UK, Ireland and France. You must pick 4 2year olds and the rest from the older horses. The 2 year old list is huge, including lots not even named (you have the dam/year only). All horses are listed by trainer. The scoring is for first, second and third places achieved by your horses with more points depending on the class of the race - G1 / G2 / G3 and listed / and finally ordinary races. Picking 2 year olds that even run, let alone win is a real challenge. Anything else you need?
Just for info, I narrowed my list of 3 year olds down to three and then two (Awzaan and Arcano)- Not terribly successful!!. My third 3 year old, which I eventually left out was Joanna trained in France she has amassed 95 points already and will probably win the Foret(?) on Sunday!.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 1, 2010 7:25 PM BST
Hi Blackbarn, great stuff, thanks. It reminds me of the old Godolphin Seven Stars competition (particularly the choosing of 2-y-os not named). I remember being on the leader board very early one year, but peaked too soon and slid further and further down the list, never to be seen again.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com