Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ovalu
18 Sep 10 01:19
| Topic/replies: 112 | Blogger: ovalu's blog
i'd like to get into horse ownership but couldnt afford training fees by myself, ideally i'd like to join a partnership/ syndicate to buy a yearling and see what happens, where i live in waterford it's all national hunt but i'm only really interested in flat racing, if anyone is involved in any suitable syndicates or partnerships please get in touch, ovalu
Pause Switch to Standard View looking for a partnership to buy a...
Show More
Report BI September 18, 2010 2:00 PM BST
I could help you with a national hunt syndicate but not a flat one. There are very few options in Ireland compared to the UK where you have plenty of advertised syndicates. Byerley Racing have had some good luck with John Oxx although hit and miss with other trainers. Stablegate Racing seem to be a new operation with horses trained by Paul Magnier. If you ring the likes of Ger Lyons, I'm sure they will put you in the right direction. Byerley buy their horses while stablegate seem to lease.
Report ovalu September 18, 2010 7:42 PM BST
thanks for the help. to be honest if i were to go with a national hunt horse i could nearly afford it on my own as i know a few trainers down here who'd train for 160 a week, but i just have more interest in the flat
Report workrider September 18, 2010 7:46 PM BST
mick halford usually has a good few syndicates in his yard mostly flat , why not give him a ring , i've known mick a long time he's a real good trainer and a top bloke to boot , go on give him a ring, if you like you racing you'll really enjoy having a horse with mick .
Report RipVanWinkle September 19, 2010 1:58 AM BST
ovalu i'd say your best bet would be David Marnane he is going to be one of the top trainers in time.
Report bucko68 September 19, 2010 11:37 AM BST
Hi ovalu why not try to set up your own syndicate,advertise and say
spend 10K to start,5 or 10 members, then at least your in the driving seat,take it from there,all the trainers mentioned are weell
established,and wont turn away any kind of business in the current climate,even a few of the smaller lesser known names,with a good track record might be worth a call.Good luck.
Report ovalu September 19, 2010 10:05 PM BST
thanks again i'd say david marnane might be a bit out of my league, bucko68 any names you would suggest as lesser known trainers with a track record
Report neill d September 20, 2010 12:35 PM BST
Tom Hogan maybe
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com