Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
imagele
14 Sep 10 20:07
| Topic/replies: 53 | Blogger: imagele's blog
I know he has had problems with his neck for a long time and this is stopping him mating - so they have decided to retire him.  I used to love this horse but now wonder  whether he is over-rated - I change my mind about him a lot.  For me the big plus with him was Miesque - I love using stallions out of champion mares.

I will be interesting to see KIrsten does with Archipenko.  I think he was a bit of an ordinary racehorse (maybe I am being a bit hard on him?) but the female line is to die for. What do people think of his chances? 

I worry about Kirsten putting him to her big Selkirk mares however and he may end up like Selkirk as a great owner breeder stallion but not that commercial?
Pause Switch to Standard View Kingmambo retired from stud duites
Show More
Report Prima Donna September 14, 2010 8:13 PM BST
He will imo never be commercial,very well bred but only just a good runner,only ever going to be OB type of stallion,does he look the sort that will get 2'olds?not to me for what its worth.
Report imagele September 14, 2010 9:02 PM BST
Yes - agree - think he may get one or two good horses if used with smart mares with a turn of foot but not sure that is going to happen.  I will watch and wait on him and take my chances that he succeeds and I have to pay more.
Report potentialmillionaire September 14, 2010 10:05 PM BST
I don't fancy Archipenko too much but I think he was a good enough racehorse when backed by that massive pedigree. Not a nice set of front legs though, and why oh why don't they build a decent showing area at that stud? Rest assured tripping up and down that hill does not help the faultable. Is Miss Rausing a bit short of cash? Laugh
Report imagele September 14, 2010 10:36 PM BST
Ha - dont think she is short of cash - think she wants to test our resolve and fitness!  Very quirky
Report potentialmillionaire September 14, 2010 10:38 PM BST
Not sure she's much into fitness herself mind. . .
Report imagele September 14, 2010 11:36 PM BST
Ah - you might very well think that but I couldn't possibly comment! I have a Selkirk mare that I love dearly but I swear I could put her to a shetland stallion and the offspring would still be 16.2 - and I keep getting Hernando suggested to me...I did say I wasn't trying to breed a Gold Cup winner but it didn't go down very well.....
Report potentialmillionaire September 15, 2010 3:54 PM BST
I know the feeling Imagele, pretty similar when I keep covering my shetlands with the biggest horse available, it's that reinventing the wheel thing again. I think it takes a generation or two to make those changes doesn't it.

I wish you luck with the Selkirk mare. If you can make it work I imagine they are a good starting point. Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com