Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
13 Sep 10 10:22
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
Never used him but he's done well all things considerd,as a son of Bahamian Bounty can he deliver?He does get nice sorts like his sire,I understand he will stand for 5k next year is he one to use or left alone?Is BB going forward or static now what do you all think?At 10k is he a touch top heavy?I think you could get him for 8k this year,reckon he has filled the spot that Compton Place along with Piccolo has left behind as those two are pretty much dead in the water,Anyone used either of the top two?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 3
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 13 Sep 10 15:28
Last time I saw the 3rd season sire tables ( a bit superfluous I know) Trade Fair was leading Avonbridge and Pastoral Pursuits by no of winners and by some margin!
I have an interest as they were the cheap 1st season speed available that year and I was playing that game right then. I used Trade Fair and bred a good horse and my good local muckers used Pastoral Pursuits and bred a headbanger! I don't like labelling stallions but I think you would want to be careful with the head of any mare you send to P.P.

Bahamian Bounty is a very popular horse with the trainers and subsequently at the sales. He gets a ton of winners, as we know, and now gets proper book sizes as a reward. However I think he's been on borrowed time for a while now as he doesn't get enough class animals. BUT, I have thought that for the last 4 seasons and I am quite right about the class, but quite wrong that anyone else is bothered!
It will fizzle out for him, but when?
I didn't know he was a dealer last season as he certainly wasn't the year before.
Royal Applause at £9 is a better horse on every level.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 13 Sep 10 16:10
I didn't know that PP as a rule were of the headbanger fraternity,I know a share holder in him they are always telling me he is getting better mares and will be a great sire,imo he could take over from BB as like you Pot M BB is on borrowed time now he is 16 its only a short time before he goes into the 'to old to use territory'I think PP would be a better bet than Avonbridge for heading forward rather than backwards.I shall be in NMKT soon so may go and look at PP and see what I could end up paying.
I just wonder do you think Royal Applause is going the same way as BB?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 13 Sep 10 19:58
I think you will like Pastoral Pursuits Prima, I did back then. He has more quality than his father, but is perhaps not a 'strong' enough type for you? Maybe not though.

I agree that there is perhaps a bit more scope for the future than with Avonbridge who had a great start to the season but has gone quiet again now. Mind you, sometimes I wonder why we don't just stick a pin in when you see the purple patch enjoyed by the hitherto useles Monsieur Bond recently!

You may very well be right that R.A. has had his 'big time' now. He is consistent though, although having a quieter one this year. I do like the way they adapt to the turf In your homeland though. Always having that good shot at re-sale may keep him going a bit longer than some others perhaps.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com