Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
10 Sep 10 21:34
| Topic/replies: 52,892 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
"The only son of Danehill to win THE Derby"

With a potential advertising slogan like that, would they not be better off standing him on this side of the pondConfused

Perhaps if Arctic Cosmos wins the Leger tomorrow they'll bring him back as a NH sire Mischief
Pause Switch to Standard View Why does North Light stand in Kentucky?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire September 10, 2010 10:13 PM BST
I think that the quote went something like "We didn't want him wandering round a muddy field as a N.H. sire" when he was retired.

There's still time though. . .
Report GANT007 September 11, 2010 12:18 PM BST
I know the chap who bought him (2 million euro)and intended to stand him at his stud in Ireland, by all accounts he is glad a syndicate came in to stand him in the states.
Report GEORGE.B September 11, 2010 3:54 PM BST
Mr Gosden agrees!

Though probably not about the 'NH sire' bit!
Report jmc27 September 11, 2010 4:01 PM BST
Has a high opinon of Morning Charm (North Light — Vignette)   Cool
Report neill d September 14, 2010 4:47 PM BST
John Reed thinks they should bring him back, he thinks loads of breeders would want to use him. He must have been a flop of epic proportions to be a son of Danehill and cast aside in such a way.
Report Prima Donna September 14, 2010 4:59 PM BST
I'm not so sure loads of breeders would want to use him if he came back,he has a very stout pedigree, wining a maiden at 2 then the Dante followed by the Derby then his form tailed off,with his page I reckon he would hold most appeal to NH breeders,that's just how flat breeders view him sadly,Plenty of Derby winners of late have embarked on a jump sire campaign,had NL stayed here that would of been his future,you could say he has been lucky to stand in the US.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com