Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RipVanWinkle
07 Jul 10 16:04
| Topic/replies: 588 | Blogger: RipVanWinkle's blog
Ask For The Moon's two year old filly by Giants Causeway was sold today at Tatts for 14000 does anyone think that there was value there. Her colt foal last year by Galileo sold for 400000 to Demi O'Byrne so is likely to go into training with O'Brien surely theres good things going to come from the family and if this filly was put into training she couldn't disappoint to much unless she has big problems.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ask For The Moon
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire July 7, 2010 8:25 PM BST
I reckon that any horse you put into training has the capacity to disappoint like nothing else on this earth. And often. Ask for The Moon made plenty in December too didn't she, but she is a group 1 winner who can produce an impressive foal so that's as may be.
An indifferent remove from her, the G.C. filly a $40,000 yearling, and you start to become more preoccupied with the fact that there's not much depth to the page is there.
I'd want to tread carefully.
Report The Gotchee July 7, 2010 10:08 PM BST
Demi O Byrne buys horses for Coolmore at considerably higher prices than they are worth. It raises the profile of the stallion as well as his average and median.

Actually, his four most expensive purchases over the pat 9 years were;

1. The Green Monkey, $16,000,000 USD.
2. CH colt Storm Cat x Halory, $6,400,000 USD.
3. Egyptian Hero, $5,200,000 USD.
4. BF,y Sadlers Wells x Sharata, £2,100,000 GBP.

None of the above could win or run quick enough to scatter their own shyte.

Dont get taken in by these over inflated sales prices.Cool
Report RipVanWinkle July 8, 2010 1:02 AM BST
The Gotchee i take it you've never met Demi O'Byrne or his brother John who is also a bloodstock agent. Demi O'Byrne is probably one of the most interesting people i've ever met while being involved in bloodstock as a previous vet he has an incredible eye for conformation and notices problems straight away. He in my eyes is the best bloodstock agent not because he buys for coolmore but because of what he knows he doesn't try to fill your head with **** like others involved in the game.

As for the two year old filly i think she was one that a gamble could have been taken on. We dont know yet how good Giants Causeway will be as a broodmare sire but he has the credentials to do so and being out of a Group 1 winner it wouldn't have been a huge gamble for 14000
Report RipVanWinkle August 11, 2011 7:10 PM BST
The two year old by Galileo won nicely there for O'Brien
Report neill d August 11, 2011 8:17 PM BST
I know Rip, I backed the second, I thought it had no chance considering the riding arrangementsCry
Report yer ma August 11, 2011 9:50 PM BST
Demi knows his oats for sure, not the friendliest individual mind.  'He' also often overpays for Coolmore stallion stock - you know it, I know it and everyone in the game knows it.
Report Posh Paddy August 12, 2011 8:07 PM BST
Demi's other brother is a dentist, not the gentlest.  Used to get a splitting headache after having him gouge the plaque out.

Apologies that this has nothing to do with bloodstock.
Report neill d August 13, 2011 12:11 AM BST
for information purposes and completeness
Report potentialmillionaire November 7, 2011 9:36 PM GMT
I notice that the Giants Causeway filly made another appearance at Keenland today, as a maiden and knocked down to Horse France for $35,000.

She's obviously not getting any more appealing!
Report RipVanWinkle May 11, 2012 6:56 PM BST
He's a group 3 winner at least hopefully more to come
Report potentialmillionaire May 11, 2012 7:37 PM BST
RipVanWinkle a little pat yourself on the back moment has brought you back into the fold then!!

Whaddya know? Any news?
Report RipVanWinkle May 12, 2012 12:04 AM BST
Nothing new just remembered this so i checked in. It's nice when you think one was going cheap and worth a chance turning out ok
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com