Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
davesthename
10 Jun 10 14:18
| Topic/replies: 89 | Blogger: davesthename's blog
Hey.

Doing some academic research on racehorses. Does anyone know a good progeny database for UK horses? Preferably free of charge as I am a poor student. But if good database on subscription well I will have to place a flutter and win. :)

cheers
Pause Switch to Standard View Progeny Database UK
Show More
Report yer ma June 10, 2010 2:31 PM BST
If you've never heard of Weatherbys, you're not trying hard enough.  Also they charge for everything and anything. Racing post carries a lot of information but not in a readily downloadable or usable fashion. GL
Report davesthename June 10, 2010 2:34 PM BST
muchas gracias, yer ma!
Report Equimine.co.uk June 10, 2010 2:43 PM BST
dtn

If you want send me an email explaining why as a student you are doing this research, and the benefits of it to racing, I assume there is a major benefit to you, and I will more than happily consider supplying a limited edition of our database FOC.

Racing, and by it's nature, breeding, need promoting to a younger audience if I can assist to a sensible request I am more than happy to try.

I hope that does not sound sanctimonious, it is not meant to be.
Report davesthename June 10, 2010 2:53 PM BST
Thank you very much. I am researching the correlation between LE and progeny. I actually do not gamble, well, 2£ flutters on the big meets. down 120£ in 6 months.
Report ben10 June 10, 2010 3:19 PM BST
Good luck with this, what does LE stand for out of interest?
Report davesthename June 10, 2010 3:24 PM BST
Life Earnings
Report ben10 June 10, 2010 4:19 PM BST
Cheers, yeah I'd say Racing Post is best bet (not seen Equimine's database though tbf), have to join the members club for 7.50 a month but you can easily look through the siblings of horses on their profiles (under relatives) or just search for the dam. Can also click on the dam's profile on their progeny's profile. If some of them raced abroad that may only show the big races but can search for specific horses on Equibase for America, Racebets.com for German horses and France Galop for French horses.
Report davesthename June 11, 2010 3:22 PM BST
Thank Ben10,

very useful.
Report mightymoyes June 12, 2010 12:26 AM BST
not sure if this would be any use for what youre doing.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/
Report top2rated June 12, 2010 6:46 AM BST
http://www.stallionbook.co.uk/

May be of interest.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com