Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RipVanWinkle
06 Jun 10 21:12
| Topic/replies: 588 | Blogger: RipVanWinkle's blog
Duke of Marmaldes half sister by Storm Cat is due to run tomorrow at Naas. I heard a good word for her a couple of weeks back but i wouldn't touch her because its only a maiden. Hopefully she will be good, she should be better at an early age than The Duke he took alot of time to mature.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 27
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 06 Jun 10 21:50
Is Storm Cat more likely to sharpen up the page than Danehill?
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 06 Jun 10 22:10
I think Storm Cat is far better at giving speed than Danehill was.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 06 Jun 10 22:17
Does Storm Cat really do it over here?sure he gets a ton of speed but dirt speed that would be my concern with her.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 06 Jun 10 22:30
I've always seen Storm Cat as a top class sire, just not the brilliant one that everyone else sees. Maybe you are right about him being a more effective agent for precocity than Danehill after all he's just a crooked quarter horse isn't he. The best Danehills would beat the best S.C.s on turf for sure - anywhere, and I think that the best A.P. Indy's would beat them on dirt too.
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 06 Jun 10 22:58
Its obvious that Storm Cats progeny are more effective on dirt but he has had some good horses over here Giants Causeway and One Cool Cat. Danehill is more consistant than Storm Cat but they do the business very well and are good hardy horses. Personally i prefer Kingmambo to Storm Cat or A.P. Indy i know that the surface plays into different stallions strengths but thats just my view on the stallions.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 06 Jun 10 23:14
Rip Van,not to sure One Cool Cat was really that good but I know that's beside the point,As you know imo the best sire line by miles is Danehill. Kingmambo is good but I think you have got to be very careful with him as imo he can get plenty of stamina in horses,We are in NMKT this week otherwise I may have been at Naas,but with the way O'Briens are running like you I'd just watch for now,are you going?
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 06 Jun 10 23:21
I must say that i liked One Cool Cat as a two year old i know he was a flop at stud though. I know that Danehill is the best sire line but you need change and going to Danehill stallions has to change, actually i like Sadlers Wells the best to be honest but we use Danehills more often. No not going tomorrow just came back from London today i probably wouldn't go anyways to be honest it's not the closest trackMischief
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 07 Jun 10 13:54
You two get about don't you. Why is it just me stuck with wrestling foals for the blacksmith and endless tractor work?!!!
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Jun 10 14:02
I suppose we do PotM,I too have been known to drive a tractor and wrestle with foals,but Slick has a stud groom for all that stuff,The horses are her hobby I do like them but unlike her I have other things to do,as she tells me often "life's a bitch" Grin
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 07 Jun 10 14:20
I obviously need to get myself a Prima or a Slick to help with the bills! Have a good time in Newmarket.
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 07 Jun 10 14:55
We dont have a stud groom but we share the work around the farm. Theres no point owning horses if your only going moving them from one field to another field you have to enjoy yourself with them.
By:
jmc27
When: 07 Jun 10 14:56
What happened to the full brother they had to flog online ebay style?
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Jun 10 16:46
Theres no point owning horses if your only going moving them from one field to another field you have to enjoy yourself with them.

That is very true Rip Van,If I could I too would love to spend more time with the horses,I do in fact try to help as much as I can, my wife is very much hands on and loves every second spent with them.

PotM,Yes I will have a great time here,this week we will be looking at the H in T then next week Ascot,but as you allude  to  the whole thing is bloody expensive and does involve travailing.
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 07 Jun 10 16:59
She should come on for the race wasn't really pushed.

I see lads around here spending every minute of the day with the horses and not going out and enjoying themselves at all, I do like to spend time on the farm especially when the foals start coming but it's not healthy being with them the whole time.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Jun 10 17:07
I know what you mean Rip Van,its a balancing act as I'm sure you know the whole thing can become all consuming if you allow it to,Thankfully we are able to spend as much or as little time with it as we like.
But try as we do sometimes its never far away,this betfair forum is very addictive,I'm told that I spend far too much time on it.Grin
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 07 Jun 10 19:17
I spend to much time on it aswell it was awful handy when the mares were foaling cause i'd stay up be on this and other things, and the time would fly.
We have a foaling box with a office beside it with a window so you can look in on the mare and  i could be on the laptop in there very handy.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 07 Jun 10 20:16
Listen, better the forum than the exchange! I think that this game has to be a bit on the vocational side though doesn't it. I'd like a bit more 'life' but by and large accept the balance as it is.
By:
neill d
When: 07 Jun 10 21:33
Re the Dukes lack of precocity, I think I remember hearing that he hadpins inserted in his legs during his 2yo career which hindered him until the end of his 3yo career
By:
neill d
Re the Dukes lack of precocity, I think I remember hearing that he hadpins inserted in his legs during his 2yo career which hindered him until the end of his 3yo career
By:
neill d
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Jun 10 22:59
See the Storm Cat filly was 4th,still not firing yet.
By:
jmc27
When: 08 Jun 10 23:21
Actually missed that part about the late maturing Neill is correct he returned badly injured after the Vintage stakes where he ran an excellent race against Strategic Prince. He had the pins put in place after that race and he was rushed into the Guineas at 3 because HRE went to early stud. He was always well thought of because I even remember my cousin saying he was one of the good ones at the Wednesday meeting he ran first time at.
Infairness as a 3yr old he did come across some high quality horses and Im pretty sure AOB stated on occasions that he was struggling somewhat with the injury still.
By:
push
When: 10 Jun 10 18:57
A Galileo half sister to Jan Vermeer just won her Maiden race tonight , called Together.
By:
neill d
When: 14 Jun 10 11:30
Ya she was well fancied the first day aswell, she looked good
By:
mightymoyes
When: 14 Jun 10 15:59
together entered in the chesham at r.ascot.
By:
push
When: 17 Jun 10 18:18
Nice performance this evening.
By:
savaloy69.
When: 18 Jun 10 00:24
Very good run.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply