Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
27 May 10 15:24
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
Old Vic gelding hits six figures at Spring Store sale

BY GEORGE KIMBERLEY 2:29PM 27 MAY 2010

THE £100,000 barrier was reached at the DBS Spring Store Sale when lot 266, the Old Vic three-year-old out of black-type winner Native Bid, was sold to Highflyer and Nicky Henderson for owner Michael Buckley.

This was the first occasion that a store has sold for six figures at the sale since 2007.

The gelding was bought for €76,000 as a foal at Tattersalls Ireland November foal sale by Lady Jane Grosvenor, and was today offered through consignor Goldford Stud.

Doesn't look much profit in this to me.
Pause Switch to Standard View Spring Store Sale.
Show More
Report Equimine.co.uk May 27, 2010 4:30 PM BST
PD,

Assuming all is as transparent as appears the current beneficiary is the owner of the dam Native Bid.
This by coincidence is/was a J Hanson who had Native Bid in training with Nicky Henderson.
Report Koo.... May 27, 2010 6:24 PM BST
I bought lots 270 and 309.   Both nice bigs sorts.  Hopeful ive done well today
Report RipVanWinkle May 27, 2010 7:01 PM BST
Are you the trainer Ellison or part of a syndicate heard he has 1 or 2 nice horses over there would this be correct.
Report Koo.... May 27, 2010 7:13 PM BST
I run Koo's Racing Club and Brians my step dad

im hoping the nice ones mioght be one of mine hopefully
Report old ace May 28, 2010 9:45 AM BST
who gives a flying koof wot you bought yer numpo
Report Prima Donna May 28, 2010 10:06 AM BST
Always interesting to know what people like and lets hope Koo... does really well with his buys,Good luck .
Report potentialmillionaire May 28, 2010 8:14 PM BST
Absolutely, Primo. Well done Koo, there will have been some good value there, let's hope you tracked it down. All buyers right now need maximum encouragement and I trust you'll be rewarded accordingly!
Report RipVanWinkle May 29, 2010 3:46 PM BST
Good luck with them Koo
Report perrydinho May 29, 2010 5:51 PM BST
Good luck with them, that Shirocco looks a likely type
Plenty of time to wait when buying lots 270/309, were they the only two on the radar or were you under bidder on any other nice types
Report zoozee May 30, 2010 5:09 PM BST
( Koo is also me btw )

I went there with an open mind tbh  saw plenty through their paces, checked obvious signs which is a must as someone bought one we felt had already had tendon trouble and therefore a sign it was already tried.

Out of all the ones we saw we liked 270 best and have some NH wanting a horse, we went to our last bid to get it which is usually the case.  Will start off in bumpers when he comes to hand

The filly wasnt on the list, but thankfully someone else brought her out to look at and she simply shone out amongst the others.  I liked the stallion and the fact the dam is 3 winners from 3 runners made my mind up she deserved upto 20k.   Ive sold on 25% already to an existing owner in the yard who l;oved her on looks as well.  Im hoping she prefers well enough to consider breeding from her as its something ive always wanted to try

Fingers crossed for both
Report zoozee May 30, 2010 5:10 PM BST
performs not prefers
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com