Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandasfc
22 May 10 12:07
| Topic/replies: 54 | Blogger: pandasfc's blog
What does everybody think to the sire Beat All ? Seems to have a few sprinters and few minor winners over hurdles but has done really well in Irish point to points this season. Also i notice his off spring are starting to creep up in price at the sales. Looking at him as a good dual purpose sire at the moment but with a few better mares to cover could throw up a few good ones.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 5
By:
pandasfc
When: 22 May 10 12:07
And yes the thread should say Beat All not Baet All
By:
BI
When: 22 May 10 21:30
We bought a Beat All in 2008 called Raise The Beat and he won a bumper for us in Down Royal three weeks ago. While wouldn't be a fashionable sire, he was a smashing looking horse and his full brother, Star Beat, had won for Keith Reveley in UK. He was very weak as a four year old and we made a mistake running him in May 2009 but he strengthened up well and we changed his regime, which is to get him pretty fit and then stop with him. Interestingly, Willie Mullins told me that's what they do with one of their Beat All's, Dani California, who runs regularly but I beleive they do very little with her between races.

Overall, they seem to be very ground dependent, wanting it good and quick. From what I've seen (and when you have one by the sire you tend to look at others by that sire), they are either useless or have decent ability....there is no middle ground! Maybe that's because of the quality of mare he got. But Willie also said he had a few more of them and wouldn't have a bad word to say about them, which is unusual for a sire these days.

If you want to see some pictures of Raise the Beat, go to www.winningwaysracing.ie.

PS We are looking to buy our next winner at the sales over the next few weeks so if anyone is interested, we are three winners from four runners so not a bad strike rate and I have a few shares available.
By:
pandasfc
When: 24 May 10 16:55
Thanks for that , very interesting ! Will keep my eye on them on quick ground over the summer months then.
By:
tocky junior
When: 12 Jun 10 16:44
ed kent had a nice beat all who won  a decent enough 5yr old maiden in athlacca,
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 12 Jun 10 21:13
That's Beat All Out you are referring too Tocky. I saw him win that night and he looked a nice type in the ring (availed of the rather generous 8/1Devil). He progressed well from his debut and seems a typical progeny of his sire i.e. a strong galloper who needs nice ground. He is a sire who could get a few bumper/hurdle winners this summer.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com