Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RipVanWinkle
10 May 10 19:54
| Topic/replies: 588 | Blogger: RipVanWinkle's blog
Anyone know anything about this place?
Pause Switch to Standard View Grovewood Stud
Show More
Report Prima Donna May 10, 2010 9:30 PM BST
Are you looking to board mare's over in NMKT Rip Van?
Report RipVanWinkle May 10, 2010 9:54 PM BST
A person told me about this place and said they were good but i would like to know if you had any info on it.
Report dominion May 10, 2010 10:41 PM BST
I have a horse there,recovering from a serious leg injury.I cannot speak highly enough of the care and kindness they have shown this horse.So much so,that if you are not as genuine as they are,it would be better for everyone,if you went elsewhere.These are seriously good people - racing needs people like these,don't muck them about;if you go there.I apologise if my reply seems somewhat acerbic,but I am a massive fan of the family that run this stud,and am merely looking out for them.
Report Prima Donna May 11, 2010 7:22 AM BST
Rip Van,A friend of ours this year used a stud in NMKT called Grove Farm Stud,owned by Julian&Anne Wilson they were very pleased with the level of care the horses received.
We ourselves have not yet used them but we may do so next season, are friends are based in England and paid sterling £18 for a mare and foal and £16 per day for a barren,that looks good value the stud uses Rossdales which can't be bad.Have a look if it helps,WWW.grovefarmstud.com.
Report potentialmillionaire May 11, 2010 12:12 PM BST
Blimey, I might start boarding mine at those rates! I have 2 mares boarding  in Ireland at a good private stud and am paying more than that! You emerald isle lot used to be cheap! (I appreciate the exchange is doing it's bit to scupper us!)
Report RipVanWinkle May 11, 2010 7:46 PM BST
Thanks for the replies Dom i'm only thinking about using the place and i agree with you that some good people get messed about with and i personally dont like it either happens quite often in Ireland.

PD those fees are fairly reasonable i will look into that place aswell.
Report dominion May 11, 2010 11:18 PM BST
Dear Rip,I am glad you appreciate where I am coming from.To find honest,genuine people in racing ( in any sector you care to mention)is a rarity.When you find them -hold on to them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com