Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Airmail Special Gr3
24 Apr 10 15:45
| Topic/replies: 164 | Blogger: Airmail Special Gr3's blog
Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner and prominent Australian sire.He stood at Sheikh Mohammeds Darley Australia.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
Stormbird
When: 26 Apr 10 22:00
Rainbow Quest line hhhmmm ?
By:
Prima Donna
When: 26 Apr 10 22:36
Rainbow Quest............if you want a source of fragility and unsound horses this is the horse for you,I would never use any of his son's,and don't like his daughters,he is regarded as a great broodmare sire, but a lot of RQ mares get very fragile stock.Coolmore have a Classic winner out of a RQ mare,he was fragile and only lightly raced wonder why!
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 26 Apr 10 22:42
The only thing PD is that you cant write everything off with Rainbow Quest in it's pedigree as some will of course be sound and not fragile but i would agree that i would not like to be counting on getting a sound horse as it is just not guaranteed
By:
Prima Donna
When: 27 Apr 10 06:39
Yes Rip Van thats true,so then you have to look to the horse's own racing career,to see if he is one of the sound one's!Horse's like Footstepinthesand and Aqlaam clearly weren't,that might be a pointer to avoid using stallions like these.
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 27 Apr 10 19:58
I agree with you about those two.
I just think that alot of people dont look at some stallions based on one or two of his progeny this is a mistake as a wider view is the best approach
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 27 Apr 10 20:56
I worked a sales season for an agent many years ago and we were looking at a Storm Bird yearling (yes I'm an old fart) . I think at the time he was firing at 10% stakes winners to foals. I was particularly hung up on faults at the time though and said 'don't you panic about the wind on the Storm Birds' (for those younger - lucky gits - he was a notoriously bad winded creature who passed it on) Her reply was "he gets 10% stakes winners to foals" and indeed that was the important stat. After all, those that fail, fail. Whether it's wind, temperament, or just the slows. Rainbow Quest was a good sire and broodmare sire and his faults we need to keep in mind but his plusses are greater than most perhaps?
By:
Prima Donna
When: 27 Apr 10 21:33
Thats a fair point,but his presence in pedigree's can be as likely to transmit his frailties as much as his class,as a breeder I can take class but not his frailties!
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 27 Apr 10 21:58
And sadly on occaision we get to breed them unsound and slow! !
By:
Prima Donna
When: 27 Apr 10 22:05
Well I try not to,it helps keeping right away from Rainbow Quest!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com