Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Prima Donna
18 Apr 10 18:03
| Topic/replies: 4,152 | Blogger: Prima Donna's blog
Someone that I know has sent 3 mares to this stallion they have been covered on two heats, each of them has so far remained barren,they are wondering if he is semi fertile,has anyone got a mare in-foal to him?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 11
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 18 Apr 10 18:05
I wouldn't touch him anyways but this is a serious let down to people who have supported him haven't heard anything about his infertility though
By:
Prima Donna
When: 18 Apr 10 18:18
I did want to see the Horse at Dec'sales but he was not yet ready to show,after telling me he would be ready for viewing at Dec,I understand he was on box rest lame again,So I decided not to touch him with a barge pole,Why do breeders use such unsound stallions?The mare owner has heard nothing to suggest he is semi fertile but they are now wondering.Its getting lateish now.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 18 Apr 10 21:03
I'll try and remember to ask my vet in the morning if he's heard owt as I'm always the last to hear the gossip. I must admit I'd have thought about using him as my lot are tough and sound types, but i was amazed at the scrum to get to him as he had ifs and buts genetically spliced in it seemed
By:
Panther65
When: 19 Apr 10 18:35
kk
By:
Equimine.co.uk
When: 20 Apr 10 07:01
A broodmare owning syndicate with whom I have connections have just moved one mare from Aqlaam to Kyllachy due to fertility issues with Aqlaam.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 20 Apr 10 10:23
Equimine,Thats very interesting,I will pass that info on they are getting worried a bit now,Id say Aqlaam will very much have a up hill battle now he wont be very commercial if this is the case,Shadwell perhaps now will try a bit harder to get a win into Arcano to replace him.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 20 Apr 10 14:03
I've found out nothing but that does seem fishy. It's been a bugger trying to get anything you'd actually want booked this season, I do feel sorry for those guys who may have to fish around at this late stage.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 20 Apr 10 14:53
Just sat here I cant remember any news in the Post saying he's got a mare in-foal,does anyone know if he has any?
By:
notenough
When: 20 Apr 10 15:23
I heard he was in trouble.
Various mares going to other stallions
By:
yer ma
When: 20 Apr 10 17:48
From own website

Monday 29 th March - 16 mares now in foal to Gr.1 winner AQLAAM

Amongst them, black-type producer Hidden Meaning, dam of Listed winner and Gr.2 placed SENOR MIRASOL as well as French Stakes placed Becher, was recently pronounced in foal to the 5-year-old son of Oasis Dream.

The positive scans list of 7 in foal mares also includes Zarkavean, by Medicean out of Stakes winner ZAFADOLA, and thus a sister to three blacktype horses including Gr.3 Prix des Reservoirs winner EMILY BRONTE as well as ZELANDA, herself the dam of PEARL GREY, 2nd Cherry Hinton St. Gr.2.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 20 Apr 10 18:32
So he has got some in-foal,thanks yer ma,I think he was being limited to 80 mares not a great start if they are moving to other sires,its the kiss of death for him commercially if he only gets a small number in foal.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com