Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TiptheOdds
13 Apr 10 22:14
| Topic/replies: 7,300 | Blogger: TiptheOdds's blog
Really like this one. Done nothing wrong in winning 3 from 3. Nicely bred brother to Eastern Anthem by Singspiel out of Godolphin´s Guineas and Oaks winner Kazzia. I know he has to find a bit on the book but with his pedigree he is more likely to make a better three and four year old.

And his 2-y-o form isn´t bad. He won a Group 3 at Longchamp in Oct, beating Circumvent, who had previously won a G3, where tomorrow´s Godolphin runner Ameer finished 3rd. On his second run he comfortably beat a horse called Raines Cross who had previously defeated Brian Meehans Dancing David, who went on to finish 6l 4th behind St Nicholas Abbey in the RP trophy.

So strictly on the book he has 3-4l to make up on the Derby Fav SAB but he could well make more improvement. Not sure if he will handle Epsom - will have to look at his races again - but he goes on all ground.

What do you think?
Pause Switch to Standard View Could Zeitoper be Godolphin´s Derby...
Show More
Report push April 13, 2010 10:18 PM BST
Maybe he will be their Derby horse , but can you name one topclass 3yo colt by Singspiel ? The only one i can think of is Moon Ballad who finished a distant 3rd in HC Derby.
Report Shark12 April 13, 2010 10:27 PM BST
Zeitoper is under the care of Mahmood Al Zarooni this year so its entirely plausible he will represent certainly one half of the Godolphin stable. Think Suroor has Passion for Gold who surely must be his prime chance.

I really like this horse too - fingers crossed he has trained on and re-appears before the Derby. He is certainly blessed with stamina and achieved far more than his full-brother Eastern Anthem did as a 2yo.
Report Giant Strides April 13, 2010 11:11 PM BST
Not sure if he will handle Epsom

!
Report Giant Strides April 13, 2010 11:14 PM BST
I presumed the reason why you started the thread was because it won there already. Beating Raines Cross!
Report TiptheOdds April 14, 2010 1:52 AM BST
Just noticed that GS. Thanks. Going blind in my old age! Thats even better though. The only worry would be that Singspiel hasn´t really had much in the way of top class offspring, hence the reason why I started the thread on here.
Report jmc27 April 16, 2010 7:45 PM BST

push 13 Apr 22:18
Maybe he will be their Derby horse , but can you name one topclass 3yo colt by Singspiel ? The only one i can think of is Moon Ballad who finished a distant 3rd in HC Derby

Finished 3rd at Epsom too but I agree.

Maybe his offspring they need the desert sun and not the rain here :P Moon Ballad (Dubai World Cup) Dar Re Mi and Eastern Anthem (Shemma Classic)
Report push April 16, 2010 7:51 PM BST
Sure , but they did not win those big races as 3yos. So perhaps they also need time.
Report jmc27 April 16, 2010 9:10 PM BST
The sun bit was tongue in cheek ;)
Report Shark12 April 17, 2010 4:43 PM BST
Pretty sure that Confidential Lady won a big race in France as a 3yo but could be wrong.

In the main agree with you though, his 3yo's do leave a lot to be desired in the big races.
Report push April 17, 2010 5:16 PM BST
Especially his colts.
Report Panther65 April 17, 2010 5:48 PM BST
jj
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com