Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
perrydinho
24 Feb 10 00:05
| Topic/replies: 167 | Blogger: perrydinho's blog
Find to follow the recent winners (gone back an extra year for the wonderful pebbles)

Best recent race Russian Rythmn (beating two breeders cup winners in second/third and all gender group one winner in 4th)

Best race for excitement the three way photo for Oh So Sharp

Guts and class got Salsabil home on firm ground

Best jockey, Swinburn riding them all to sleep from the front on Musical Bliss

Not much since Sleepytime got it right on the day in 97

Some great fillies but surely none to get near Miesque although Oh So Sharp, Midway Lady, Salsabil, Pebbles, Hatoof, Bosra Sham and Russian Rythmn - and Sonic Lady, Finseal Beo, sayeedati and shadayid were not too shabby

Trends - winners between 85-97 i suspect would be rated a deal higher than 98-00.
French favourites get the job done
Boussac/Fillies mile the best trial
Being beaten not such a hindrance to winners as the 2000 which tend to be all wins or seconds after breaking duck

1984 Pebbles Philip Robinson Clive Brittain Marcos Lemos 1:38.18
1985 Oh So Sharp Steve Cauthen Henry Cecil Sheikh Mohammed 1:36.85
1986 Midway Lady Ray Cochrane Ben Hanbury Harry Ranier 1:41.54
1987 Miesque Freddy Head François Boutin Stavros Niarchos 1:38.48
1988 Ravinella Gary W. Moore Criquette Head Ecurie Aland 1:40.88
1989 Musical Bliss Walter Swinburn Michael Stoute Sheikh Mohammed 1:42.69
1990 Salsabil Willie Carson John Dunlop Hamdan Al Maktoum 1:38.06
1991 Shadayid Willie Carson John Dunlop Hamdan Al Maktoum 1:38.18
1992 Hatoof Walter Swinburn Criquette Head Maktoum Al Maktoum 1:39.45
1993 Sayyedati Walter Swinburn Clive Brittain Mohamed Obaida 1:37.34
1994 Las Meninas John Reid Tommy Stack Robert Sangster 1:36.71
1995 Harayir Richard Hills Dick Hern Hamdan Al Maktoum 1:36.72
1996 Bosra Sham Pat Eddery Henry Cecil Wafic Saïd 1:37.75
1997 Sleepytime Kieren Fallon Henry Cecil Greenbay Stables Ltd 1:37.66
1998 Cape Verdi Frankie Dettori Saeed bin Suroor Godolphin 1:37.86
1999 Wince Kieren Fallon Henry Cecil Khalid Abdullah 1:37.91
2000 Lahan Richard Hills John Gosden Hamdan Al Maktoum 1:36.38
2001 Ameerat Philip Robinson Michael Jarvis Ahmed Al Maktoum 1:38.36
2002 Kazzia Frankie Dettori Saeed bin Suroor Godolphin 1:37.85
2003 Russian Rhythm Kieren Fallon Sir Michael Stoute Cheveley Park Stud 1:38.43
2004 Attraction Kevin Darley Mark Johnston Duke of Roxburghe 1:36.78
2005 Virginia Waters Kieren Fallon Aidan O'Brien Tabor / Magnier 1:36.52
2006 Speciosa Michael Fenton Pam Sly Sly / Davies / Sly 1:40.53
2007 Finsceal Beo Kevin Manning Jim Bolger Michael Ryan 1:34.94
2008 Natagora Christophe Lemaire Pascal Bary Stefan Friborg 1:38.99
2009 Ghanaati Richard Hills Barry Hills Hamdan Al Maktoum 1:34.22

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 44
By:
push
When: 24 Feb 10 05:58
Special Duty , born in February.
Since 1993, the last 8 horses who started fave for the 1000 Guineas , that were born in FEB, 5 Went on to win , 2 lost but went on to win the Irish 1000 Guineas, and 1 lost and was retired due to injury.
At a good price i like Music Show.
By:
perrydinho
When: 24 Feb 10 09:56
Its a pity i did not like an un-named 2yo by Noverre ex dreamboat, full sister to winning 2yo norfolk broads this time last year ;-(

i will be on suicide watch should music show win after turning down chance to buy it, bad enough it has won over 50k inc a group2 so far
By:
Kevbetting superstar
When: 06 Mar 10 18:41
Miesque - simply irresistible and the best :x
By:
push
When: 08 Mar 10 11:54
Did she win the Guineas ?
By:
Grenouille
When: 09 Mar 10 11:21
wiki - her 10 G1's
Salamandre, Boussac (@2), 1000 Guineas, Pouliches, Jacques Le Marois, Moulin, BC Mile (@3), Ispahan, Jacques Le Marois, BC mile (@4)
By:
push
When: 09 Mar 10 11:39
Indeed very impressive
By:
History Maker
When: 09 Mar 10 14:03
ben10 24 Feb 13:14

Will connections of Termagant be tempted in a weak renewal?

I think it's impossible to ever really tag either of the Guineas as a weak (or strong) renewal until well after the event. The horses who've won the top races as 2yos progress at wildly different rates, and there will be some types who've slipped under the radar thus far who turn out to be top class.

Maybe you can have an educated stab about whether the race is up to much after all the trials, but not really before (imo, of course).
By:
ben10
When: 09 Mar 10 14:12
iyo for sure; completely missing the point of what I'm saying. The point is that as the ratings have worked out over the season Termagant appears to have a strong chance going into the race and the price is bigger because of the doubts about them showing up. Also the depth of the race is clearly not there, there's a standout horse and 4 or 5 horses who a case can just about be made for of which she would appear to be able to beat based on her two year old form, would you not be tempted?
I notice she's been entered anyway.
By:
jamesp
When: 12 Mar 10 11:44
I have been trying to ascertain whether Termagant is likely to be aimed at the 1000 Guineas, but my recent communications with the owner and trainer thus far have gone unanswered. Last year Kevin Prendergast was quoted as saying that the filly would be aimed at the Irish Guineas and that he wouldn't be terribly keen to run her at Newmarket, presumably because he felt she wouldn't be suited by travelling abroad at this early stage in her career. I've not read anything to contradict that statement, but she has (as Ben notes) been given an entry for Newmarket.
By:
push
When: 31 Mar 10 12:43
At least Music Show looks like going for the 1000 G.
By:
push
When: 07 Apr 10 21:38
Prima Donna, Ben10, what are your selections for the 1000 Guineas ?
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Apr 10 21:50
Push,I think Special Duty,my one feeling with her being by Hennessy will she stay the mile?I kind of think she will she does look the one to beat.Also I like Clive Brittains filly Misheer,she could be a nice filly Im not so sure about the trainer nowadays,and of course Marco Bottis filly Electric Feel,I dont really see her winning but if she trains on she may get a place just.
By:
push
When: 07 Apr 10 21:54
I was going to put a thread up about will Special Duty stay 1 mile ? I not convinced she will, unless they let her have an easy lead and she can set the pace, i dont believe Misheer will stay either, Electic Feel will she need soft ground ? at least the form has been given a boost and the trainer is in form.
By:
push
When: 07 Apr 10 22:03
If you go through the betting for the 1000G there are question marks about half of the top ones even turning up, as follows:
Lady of the Desert, Cabaret, Termagant, Pollenator, Emulous, Field Day.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Apr 10 22:04
I agree with that, S.Duty runs tommorow so we will a better idea,I think you are right about Clive Brittains filly.
By:
push
When: 07 Apr 10 22:13
Yes looking forward to tomorrows trials in France, pity Inler has been taken out of his intended trial at Leicester tomorrow. ( i hate these unexposed types ) Impossible to know how good they are from 1 run.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Apr 10 22:20
Push,yeah I know what you mean sounds rather like your fancy for the 2000 ;-) once raced hot shots!
By:
Prima Donna
When: 08 Apr 10 14:13
Beaten and made it look hard work,did not stay imo.
By:
push
When: 08 Apr 10 17:12
Yes Workforce and Lady Darshaan , what a monster double.
By:
push
When: 08 Apr 10 17:13
I would also back Termagant if she was an intended runner.
By:
push
When: 09 Apr 10 08:09
Music Show, has been impressing on the gallops, hope she wins the Nell Gywn next week.
By:
Rookie360
When: 09 Apr 10 11:28
ffs
By:
push
When: 09 Apr 10 17:41
Safina, still a Maiden is into 12-1 with Lads ( does have a good pedigree ) and Plume whos form is not that much better into 12-1 with Bl Sq. If on of those 2 win the Guineas , after last years winner Ghanaati, you would have to think trainers are preparing their 1000 Guineas prospects in a emerging new style .
p.s Timepiece into 6-1 for the Oaks with Btfred. Blimey it is a crazy world.
By:
westo97.
When: 12 Apr 10 22:04
On the Termagant debate,to my eye Cabaret will overturn the form with Termegant in a stragiht mile at Newmarket based on their racecourse debut.
I dont really follow the breeding side as much as I should,mainly due to my knowledge at breeding level being very basic.
But I thought Cabaret ran very green and didnt handle the track at all on debut behind Termegant,she then stayed on really well under an educational ride.Termegant won the race easy enough but the key moment in the race was going into the behind in which Termegant cruised straight round,whilst Cabaret looked very awkward.
She then came out and won a couple of probably average races quite well.
She looks decent to me and personally I would fancy her ahead of Termegant
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 22:08
Is she an intended runner ? She is also born in May making her prob the youngest in the race, no filly born in May has won the 1000G for at least the last 18 years.
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 22:09
Rainbow View was born in May , and she failed.
By:
westo97.
When: 12 Apr 10 22:09
I didnt realise that push.I tend to concentrate on paper and video form only.
I have backed her ante-post at 16s but only for small stakes and that will prob end their after your stat!
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 22:11
It might just be luck , who knows, dont let that stat put you off if you think she has a good chance, but i would wait to make sure she is an intended runner.
By:
westo97.
When: 12 Apr 10 22:13
As mentioned,I know very little on breeding.

Do you think Music Show will stay? Just to the bare eye on vidoe,it looks a sprinter to me.............also query the same about Lady of The Desert though her attempt at 7f was slightly encouraging.
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 22:17
Dont think LOTD will stay, although she should on pedigree, i think Music Show will stay, she finished well over 7f in the Rockfel stakes ,her sire Noverre got a French Derby winner last year, so we know he can sire Grp 1 horses.
Still always trust your instincts.
By:
westo97.
When: 12 Apr 10 22:20
It will be interesting to see her next week.Maybe im being a touch snobby! Their is just a part of me that struggles to see a classic winner being trained by M Channon (I appreciate he been a bit unlucky with Queens Logic and Nahoodh) that wins races around Bath.

Guess we'll know more in a few days time
By:
Stormbird
When: 14 Apr 10 16:15
Perry , you should have bought the filly.
By:
push
When: 18 Apr 10 10:14
The 1000G is looking a better betting race than the 2000G, with the fave looking vunerable.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 18 Apr 10 10:19
Push,what did you think of Misheer's run,do you think she wont stay looking at yesterdays run?She was pulling like a train I thought she was running on a bit at the end,I'm just wondering if she settles could she get the mile?
By:
push
When: 18 Apr 10 10:25
I have only seen the race once, easy to write her off after yesterdays race, but they did say she had not come in her coat yet, she did pull hard , and must be open to improvement, but at Grp1 level ? I will watch the race again later.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 18 Apr 10 10:31
Let me know what you think,looking at her she does look a sharp type very much to sprinter type,I'd like to think she will improve a lot for yesterdays run.But I agree GR1 may be a step too far.
By:
push
When: 18 Apr 10 10:39
Just watched the race, a bunch finish, and looking at the pedigrees of the fillies they all look bred for speed, LOTD also pulled very hard . It is amazing how much some fillies come on for their first run, but i think Clive will later in the season revert to sprint distances with Misheer. But always trust your own judgement.
I know it is after timing, but i did back Dick Turpin yesterday as he was the value, i think he will stay 1 mile, looked to be running on well at the end of the race yesterday. Prob best on an easy mile, hope he stays in training as a 4yo, Lockinge at Newbury next year.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 18 Apr 10 10:46
Yeah DT did run very well Im not sure I think Hannon has considered the French 2000 for him,as you know Ive never thought CC would stay the mile,I reckon 6 is his trip I also think the July Cup will be a step too far I think he will be a GR2 horse but thats only my opinion.
By:
push
When: 18 Apr 10 10:49
DT, may go for the Irish or French Guineas ( that is what Hannon said ). I think CC would make an interesting sprinter, he looked tired at the end of the Greenham. The trouble is i can see CC starting off near fave when he reverts to sprinting.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com