Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ericster
24 Jun 21 19:50
| Topic/replies: 4,295 | Blogger: ericster's blog
Not looking to go completely veggie, just wanting to cut down.
I can't think of any vegetables that I don't like but it all seems a bit boring, bland.
Been eating that "no meat" mince, the meat-balls,  veg-burgers, and these no meat bakes that Aldi's sell.
Doing okay but I would like to broaden my range.
Any suggestions?
Pause Switch to Standard View Eating less meat
Show More
Report The Dragon June 24, 2021 7:54 PM BST
my wifes ben vegan for about 2 years now and defo wont go back.

no way i will join her but i do share her meals occasionally and they are very nice

not giving up fish or meat love it to much
Report The Dragon June 24, 2021 7:57 PM BST
wife says lay off veggie processed stuff and go on line and follow rachel ama who as really good recipes
Report ericster June 24, 2021 8:04 PM BST
Okay Dragon thanks, might just take a look.
Don't want anything too complicated.
I like my food  how I like my women, plain and simple.

Seriously though, I'm not looking to totally give up meat but I'm avoiding red meat.
I like a bit of fish occasionally, and chicken.
Avoid the processed stuff eh?
mmmmmmmmmmm, Cry
We'll see.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 8:43 PM BST
eric, I love meat but these are fantastic, if you wern't told you wouldn't know they were meat free.
Cauldron 6 Lincolnshire Sausages 276G - Tesco and other supermarkets.
Report ericster June 24, 2021 9:01 PM BST
Thanks btf.
Now that's the thing, I love, use a lot of, dried herbs, and do like Lincs sausages. There must be ways of sexing up veggies, and pulses.
But I have problems with Tesco's.
I'm in a small town.
We have a Tesco express but I fell out with them years ago for trying to get me to use self-service, I won't go there.

Sorry about that, I will bear that in mind though.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 9:07 PM BST
The other supermarkets sell them. Cauldron 6 Lincolnshire Vegetarian Sausages276g

Lincolnshire sausages made from rehydrated vegetable protein with a sage & pepper seasoning Great taste
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 9:12 PM BST
Asda, ocado, saibsburys, Morrisons, etc.
Report ericster June 25, 2021 8:35 AM BST
All I have in my town is Aldi's and Co-op.
When my second jab has had time to bed-in and things start to open up again, I'm a big fan of Asda's.
I [WILL] give them a go btf.
Report boxingthefox June 25, 2021 11:01 AM BST
Don't think you will be disappointed. Wink
Report bobweenit June 27, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Get yorself some beyond meat sausages and add some chips and mushy peas to them and you wont go wrong. They do beyond meat burgers too, pretty decent in a bun. Tesco and Sainsbury's sell the beyond stuff i think.
Plenty of blogs and simple receipe books too that require minimal effort. Minimal effort maximum taste is what its all about innit...
Report ericster June 27, 2021 3:30 PM BST
Thanks weenit,
will check some of these things out when I am able.
Report ericster June 27, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Minimal effort sounds good t'me.
Report Jack Hacksaw July 3, 2021 11:13 AM BST
If you want to cut down meat, try eating Brains ****s.  5.7% pork liver.  1.5% pork.  Total meat 7.2%.
Report ericster July 3, 2021 11:19 AM BST
If your referring to the f aggots, yes, I enjoy them occasionally.
I enjoy lambs liver also but I can't get it while I'm not going out of town.
Not popular, apparently.
Report ericster July 21, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Got some "no meat" sausages and pasties from the Co-op and am enjoying them.
Tasty, and filling.Happy
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 6:42 PM BST
Wink Excellent stuff eric. Wink
Report ericster July 28, 2021 1:17 PM BST
The wife just got back from Iceland.
Says she bought me some "no-meat" fish portions.
What? Shocked
We shall see eh?
Report lmfao August 8, 2021 12:27 PM BST
Home made burgers - 25% minced beef bulked up with oats - onions/spring onions / mushrooms/butter /olive oil/spices and salt and pepper- super stuff- be flexible on recipe - e.g.  shred any cabbage etc

If you want to reduce carbon footprint - dont have a dog- carbon footprint as bad or worse than a petrol car.

I love meat and fish but will have no problems whatsoever eating laboratory produced protein once it becomes mainstream food in a few years time at comparable cost- the new process of producing salmon without bones/skin- striated firm muscle dna identical to the 'natural' product looks excellent - just about to hit the usa and japan shops
Report ericster August 8, 2021 12:59 PM BST
lmfao,
I love fish, especially mackerel, smoked,  but I don't dare to eat it because the bones.
Report bobweenit August 19, 2021 7:55 PM BST
@lmfao dont have any children biggest carbon suckers out there and dont deprive yourself of a dog wonderful companions just feed them a vegan diet they love it. Just like Wolves if there was a carcass around they would go for the stomach and eat all the plant based stuff in there first.
Cats are a different story they are designed to eat meat.
Only option stop buying Whiskers and let them act as nature intented. Cabbage in burgers?? You sound cheaper than tomtimtum but waste not wont not innit..If i was still a meat eater i woukd want at least 80 percent in me burger them burgers of your sound nasty...

I will ask the forum legend Grantcking what he thinks of your burger recipe and get back to you.
Everybody knows his word is final in such matters..
Report ericster August 21, 2021 8:48 AM BST
weenit:

I have no time for dogs, no time for any pet really, and I can't stand cats. Horrible creatures.
Cabbage? I [love] cabbage, if it's Savoy. The darker it is the better.
Report bobweenit August 23, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Love me so0me Savoy too eric my man, not sure about the darker the better but its nice with some boiled potatoes and some graveh and whatever else u fill ze plate with...
Report ericster August 24, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Bubble 'n' squeak mate.
I kind of get what people say about the dark outer leaves of savoy having a bitter taste, so just smear a bit of butter over it, and maybe a bit of grated (seriously strong) cheddar.
Job done.

Have always been given to believe, rightly or wrongly, the darker the greens the higher the iron content.
Report ericster October 17, 2021 10:51 AM BST
Eating Mackerel:

I love Mackerel, especially smoked, I could live on it,  but never I eat it because, well, you [know] why, those damned pin-bones.Angry
Is there [any] way of dealing with that-it's just one of life's unsolvables, isn't it? Plain

Just ranting because a newspaper article.
Eating Mackerel is good for you and stocks are sustainable, apparently.
Report ericster October 23, 2021 11:10 AM BST
I used to love how you could cook trout whole and then, when served, you could  lift a complete side of flesh off the body leaving just the skeleton. Head at one end and tail at the other.
Okay, mackerel is a completely different "kettle of fish" so to speak, forgive the pun if you will. Tongue Out
But I wonder if it would work just the same.
I don't want to try it and end up throwing it way.
Report ericster December 1, 2021 11:52 AM GMT
Have been "whizzing up" yogurt, porridge oats and fresh fruit together, leaving it in the fridge over night and snacking on it the next day. It's quite filling actually.
Am I'm planning to have a go at making soup tomorrow, well, a kind of vegie-smoothie actually,  to heat up in the microwave and eat as a soup. With cooked onions, sprouts, carrots, broccoli and some mixed dried herbs. We shall see eh? Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com