Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ericster
19 Jun 21 10:13
| Topic/replies: 4,294 | Blogger: ericster's blog
Almost.
Would love to have given a shout-out to a GP in the town where I was vaccinated last week.
We're constantly being told by the media that if we have [ANY] concerns regarding the vaccines, efficacy/side-effects, whatever, that we should go speak to our GP.
Yeah right.

Where I live customers are actively, no, [aggressively] discouraged from asking to see, or even speak by phone, to a GP.
When I had my first jab way back in feb, I had what I considered to be serious side-effects, I was worried. What I needed was re-assurance. Our local GP's receptionist's cold logic, on the day, that [if] the symptoms [had in fact] passed, I [hadn't] been rushed into hospital and/or died from a blood-clot, yet, and was still here, living and breathing, I had nothing to worry about, proved to be correct. WOW! What a receptionist, how lucky are we who live in [my] town? All the same I [would] like to have heard it from my GP.

Fast forward to last week:
When I rocked up at the vac-cntr last week I asked if there was anyone I could speak to regarding concerns about the vaccine and was politely informed by one of the vaccers that "yes, there was a GP on site that I could to speak to", would I please take a seat and she'd go fetch him.
Well, I waited, he came, I talked, he listened, said a few words, told me that if I wasn't comfortable with having the jab to go and sit back down, think things over, no pressure. The choice, to vac or not to vac, was entirely mine. Needless to say, he had put me totally at ease and I was vacced within minutes. Brilliant. Well done him.

Life eh? Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View I almost wish I was a facebooker...
Show More
Report ericster June 19, 2021 10:16 AM BST
By the way, this vac-centr is some eight or nine miles away.
I had no rights to expect to see, let alone speak to, a GP.
Report The Dragon June 23, 2021 10:41 PM BST
never bothered with social media ****
Report feedthepony June 23, 2021 11:03 PM BST
was on the Facebook for about a year a decade ago - didn't like most of the fools in the first place so struggled to care about the pictures of their dogs.

Left the twitter too during the Scottish Independence referendum - wasted too much time trolling idiotic Scottish nationalists
Report ericster June 24, 2021 7:32 AM BST

Jun 23, 2021 -- 4:41PM, The Dragon wrote:

never bothered with social media ****

Nor me mate.

As ftp said, "fools".

Report crystalhunt June 25, 2021 10:41 PM BST
Feel good storyCool
Report ericster June 26, 2021 9:50 AM BST
In spite of what my own personal view is of life/people/society I feel obliged to consider the possibility that actually, there might just be some small semblance of decency out there. There's always one prepared to swim against the tide isn't there. Can't help but wish him well though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com