Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Abercrombie
16 Sep 15 12:07
| Topic/replies: 147 | Blogger: Abercrombie's blog
Did other users receive a msg asking to supply Dynamic Odds with their own BF log in details!!?

This is a vialation of BF Terms and Conds to supply a third party with your User name and password!

Why do they want this? Questions have to be asked !

There is no way I'm giving them my user name and password
Pause Switch to Standard View Dynamic odds | asking for BF log in...
Show More
Report Lets Elope September 16, 2015 1:54 PM BST
Rather than complaining about it on here wouldn't you be better off contacting betfair customer service, if you haven't already and informing them of this?
Report BJT September 16, 2015 2:08 PM BST
Rubbish.  To use any 3rd party app for Betfair you have to log in to the 3rd party software.  If it wasn't accepted, there wouldn't be any API apps for it.

Dynamic odds have been working on getting 1 click betting for Betfair, for which they have with most bookmakers by the way, and for that to work, surely you would need to log into Betfair via their program.

For the record, I have not been asked for my details.

Quick question.  Did this question appear when you clicked "login"?  ffs
Report Abercrombie September 16, 2015 8:51 PM BST
Lets E - Yes I have contacted the BF customer service and was informed not to supply the above.

BJT - It's not Rubbish, it's what was asked for AFTER I had logged in. And also stated that users must log into BF EACH TIME if the user wants to see the BF Lay and Back prices.
Report Abercrombie September 16, 2015 8:51 PM BST
Lets E - Yes I have contacted the BF customer service and was informed not to supply the above.

BJT - It's not Rubbish, it's what was asked for AFTER I had logged in. And also stated that users must log into BF EACH TIME if the user wants to see the BF Lay and Back prices.
Report BJT September 17, 2015 2:30 PM BST
What is not rubbish about it?  You saying you can use 3rd party apps to bet with Betfair without logging into BF?

And seriously, why contact Betfair about it?  If you don't think it is above board, why not ask the team at Dynamic Odds?  They have had all my betting account details stored for many many years without an issue.

And when I said "login", I didn't mean to Dynamic Odds, I meant the "login" link to Betfair.  Unless you are suggesting this happened after you logged into BF via Dynamic Odds, and the issue you are having is that even though it logged you in, it still asked you for account details?
Report BJT September 17, 2015 2:33 PM BST
And again, I have never been asked for any details at Dynamic Odds, unless I have followed the links to find out how to supply them for betting purposes.  So not even sure this happened TBH unless you have been hacked....
Report J.R.Hartley September 17, 2015 6:15 PM BST
Betfair Customer services PTSL IMO....Laugh
Report Abercrombie September 17, 2015 10:40 PM BST
BJT do you work for Dynamic Odds?

You are very defensive. I wanted to engage the forumites to see if they have had the similar experience.
Report spyvspy27 September 18, 2015 12:29 AM BST
Abercrombie, to use all the corps on DO you must login to them through the site, so whats the diff with logging in to betfair through the their site?
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE September 18, 2015 1:00 AM BST
The other day I got on DO website. I'm not a member but I find their site easy to look at odds. A message said that from tomorrow I will have to provide them my BF login details to see BF odds. I was a bit surprised about that. But nothing ever happened. I still see BF odds and I haven't given them my details.
Report BJT September 19, 2015 4:13 AM BST

Sep 17, 2015 -- 4:40PM, Abercrombie wrote:

BJT do you work for Dynamic Odds? You are very defensive. I wanted to engage the forumites to see if they have had the similar experience.

Of course I don't.  I just find your thread ridiculous, and very attacking.

I simply understand that to use a 3rd party app to bet with Betfair, you need to actually log in via that app.  Hence, providing your details.....

Considering tens of thousands of BF users use 3rd party apps, and most probably have zero need to log in to the site, what proportion of the them are complaining about it?  Just 1.  lol

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com