Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
spyker
10 Feb 15 21:53
| Topic/replies: 7,854 | Blogger: spyker's blog
No i don't give a feck either.
Pause Switch to Standard View 'oooorstralia in Eurovison
Show More
Report VeryLTU February 11, 2015 12:01 AM GMT
naahh but will there be another tranny trying to win this comp ? bcos aussie will win it for sure, i've just seen recently crowned Miss Transexual Australia in the local paper and im proud to say she's from ........  St Albans....... real aussie talent.
Report spyker February 11, 2015 4:19 PM GMT
If you really want to annoy us pommies then try your best to win the thing and make sure we have to stage it next year. We've done a very good job of avoiding that for a few years tvm.
Report wombleoz February 11, 2015 8:27 PM GMT
saddest part is we'll probably hear "12 votes England" Sad

although hopefully not

either way - we'll win and host it next year CoolLaughExcited
Report spyker February 12, 2015 12:09 AM GMT
I've never bet on these sort of markets but you could send over a farting kangaroo choir and it would beat whatever score we get. Can never bring myself to watch it but there's bound to be some value in you beating us by at least 50 or so.
Report shiraz February 12, 2015 4:53 AM GMT
Pretty sure Eurovision organisers sent the invitation to Austria and some how it arrived here.
Report henryluca February 12, 2015 5:15 AM GMT
Pretty sure Eurovision organisers sent the invitation to Austria and some how it arrived here

Shiraz--funny for the week! LaughLaugh
Report Lloydy Trots Man February 12, 2015 6:23 AM GMT
Send ACDC
Then we are 1.01
Report Joel February 12, 2015 6:25 AM GMT
It is supposed to be a once off though, the organisers will be in a real pickle if we win.
Report THERE....IS....NO....SPOOOOON February 12, 2015 9:19 AM GMT
http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tism-frontman-says-hell-perform-at-eurovision-for-a-price/

“I do not wish to comment on behalf of TISM out of respect for my colleagues and the artistic integrity of the band,” says Cowell in a statement released this morning. “However if a multi-national with a horrendous human rights record gives me a large cheque, all bets are on.” Laugh

If they're not up for it I'd suggest Mark Jackson would be a worthy rep Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6rSsoKY0w
Report Monday mike February 12, 2015 2:03 PM GMT
When did we become part of Europe.?   Anyway dont think we can compete with those bearded Mediteranian woman.
Report VeryLTU February 13, 2015 3:13 AM GMT
LaughLaugh tins... the memories of that idiot jackson, i was on the hill that day with even full cans flying across the boundary in jacksons direction. I like this one as well. was there for tv ringside at most of essendons features Crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztUs2LA9t-Q
Report The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE February 13, 2015 6:53 AM GMT
Quite a few Aussies have been at Euro albeit under the banner of other nations.
Report Lloydy Trots Man February 13, 2015 9:21 AM GMT
I think its great
We are loved by the world.
Put on a good show and might win easy.
Then Host the event next year and have the biggest and best ever.
Just please dont send Kylie.
Go all out at all cost Send ACDC or Sheppard
Report THERE....IS....NO....SPOOOOON February 13, 2015 12:22 PM GMT
Knew a few of the lads that stood week-in week-out in "the pig pen" at Windy Hill, Very. Laugh

now, back to business.....Australian representative for Eurovision Blush

What a conundrum................. seriously!!!

It has a cult following here, with it's variables of chintzy, washed-up, corny, bizarre, cringeworthy and just plain

bad.....it's so bad it's good!

Sooooooooooo. What criteria fits a "suitable" representative????? Crazy

Aussies wouldn't take well to an embarrassment yet the option of taking it "seriously" (as in by the "music industry")

would appear to be outside the existing spirit of naff that prevails. Crazy

So what's the appropriate approach? Good band, takin the piss with lots of humour and a kickass set/show? Silly

The identity of Australia's representative is of course the big story now. An SBS spokesperson said the deadline for each participating nation to name their performer for the May 20-23 extravaganza is March 16, so Australia's representative won't be known "for a couple of weeks". That leaves no time for a television talent show to choose the representative – as some countries have done.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/eurovision-2015-australia-unlikely-to-host-even-if-we-win-20150211-13bglz.html
Report spyker February 13, 2015 1:02 PM GMT
The way the voting is you're guaranteed a respectable score (within 100ish of winner) and I'd say you're pretty much guaranteed a top 5 finish - partly to make it worthwhile for everyone. From my understanding if you win you have a 'broadcast partner' and they host it. Obv your natural bredren - Austria - would be your normal choice (!) but they def won't want to do again - which was my point about really p!ssing us off by winning it and making us your partner and pay for hosting it the next year. It's a win win win for everyone, apart from the Uk, who it royally annoys from every angle!
The 'quality' of the song doesn't matter from what i've seen - the more i think about it the more there could be some money to be made on this!
Report shiraz March 4, 2015 10:47 PM GMT
Guy Sebastian.
Report THERE....IS....NO....SPOOOOON March 4, 2015 10:51 PM GMT
Say it ain't soooooo Cry
Report THERE....IS....NO....SPOOOOON March 4, 2015 10:53 PM GMT
On the bright side , the PC brigade were pushin for yothu Yindi

Mischief
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539