Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
smartitude
28 Dec 14 05:35
| Topic/replies: 58 | Blogger: smartitude's blog
Is there anybody who is NOT using BetTrader software having issues with the API going slowly (RPS 1-2) at different times over the last week or so?
Show More
Report HarryHindsight December 28, 2014 9:45 PM GMT
I had a lot of errors about the time you posted this. Not reporting matched, unmatched bets in my program and geeks toy having trouble loading markets and very slow. You wouldn't think it was possible after their self promoting message.

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=2708

On Monday 10th November the old Betfair API was retired following the successful migration to the new API-NG platform. The retirement of the old API was announced on the 1st November 2013, and the first trading application using the new platform launched on the 5th of February 2014.

The migration from API-6 to API-NG affected over 20,000 customers, and was executed without major interruption. More than 2 billion calls a day are made to our API, and a total of 21 million bets have been placed successfully since we closed the old platform, a 5% increase on the numbers we saw on API 6 the previous month.

Just like any other API of the size of Betfair’s, API-NG will have issues, and we are working through those that have been reported by some users over the last few weeks and we’d like to apologise to anyone who was adversely affected by any of these bugs. Most of these have already been rectified. At the moment, we are working to resolve an intermittent connectivity issue with our servers in Australia as a high priority.

The consensus among the major software vendors is that the new platform is faster, more reliable, and easier to work with:
Report HarryHindsight December 28, 2014 9:51 PM GMT
But having said the above, or below depending on your view. The new api has been good for me.
Report smartitude December 29, 2014 2:45 AM GMT
Apparently Aussie API having intermittent issues.

I think it is slower than the old API, but having said that it is slower for everyone so we are on a level playing field.

Thanks for your feedback Harry.
Report HarryHindsight December 29, 2014 10:33 PM GMT
Last Tuesday we experienced a full server outage of the Australian Exchange which caused severe disruption. As a result we had to restart all of our Australian-based AUS API servers. Whilst this temporarily stabilised the Australian Exchange API, we are aware of other ongoing issues (unrelated to Tuesday’s issue) affecting all customers using the Australian Exchange API over the weekend.

Yesterday afternoon we made a change that we believe has resolved the issues experienced over the weekend.

We continue to monitor the situation and are fully committed to resolving any further ongoing issues.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Betfair Developer Program
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com