Forums

Australian

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gomozkov
09 Feb 14 21:52
| Topic/replies: 158 | Blogger: Gomozkov's blog
does it work on horses or greyhounds and please describe its effect on form.
Show More
Report got beat by a whisker-again February 10, 2014 7:33 AM GMT
Dont know about horses or greyhounds but I gave some to Teddy--My pet turtle--Hes fair-dinkum airborn--His cruising speed has gone from 50 yards a day--to 100 yards a day..100%  increase. That stuff is potentScaredLaugh
Report got beat by a whisker-again February 11, 2014 9:51 AM GMT
Found Teddy face down in his sand-pit. Teddy is gonzo.Sad. B-12ConfusedScaredCry
Report VeryLTU February 13, 2014 5:49 AM GMT
the cobalt in cyano cobalamine (Vitamin B12) does nothing to stiumulate overproduction of red blood cells gkov. I used to snort it whenever a free bottle was available... it's pretty good for humans but some evidence has been discovered that it can quickly kill pet turtles.
It also arouses stewards when they discover bottles of it stuck into horses necks, particularly in odds on favourites if just before floating to the race track. A lovely reddish orange in saline solution it stands out a bit and tends to disguise any other clear monochromatic substance mixed with it.

fined $2500 for race-day drip
By Craig Young
June 19, 2004
Page Tools

Frank and concise evidence from the wife of Rosehill trainer Tim Martin may have saved him from a hefty financial penalty.

Stewards yesterday concluded an inquiry which began at Rosehill on May 22 when a steward interrupted a veterinarian who was about to administer an orange-coloured tonic to Martin's galloper Winbreaker, a runner at the course today.

The three-year-old was allowed to run on the day after Martin's wife Melanie gave assurances the gelding had not been treated on race day. Race-day treatments are prohibited under the rules of racing.

Tim Martin, who was in England at the time with Exceed And Excel, pleaded guilty yesterday to a charge amounting to conspiring to administer treatment to a horse on race day without permission from stewards. He was fined $2500.

"We pay tribute to the honesty of your wife's evidence at the inquiry," chief steward Ray Murrihy told Martin when handing down the penalty.

Melanie Martin was left in charge of the stable and told stewards the orange drip was a potassium base mixed with vitamins which she had meant to be administered on the Friday. She admitted instructing vet Rachel Lambeth to give Winbreaker the drip on the day of the race, saying she should have known it "wasn't allowed".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tim Martin was unaware Winbreaker was being treated on race day, his wife saying: "I guess Tim did say to give it on Friday morning and he would have thought I followed orders."

Lambeth emphatically denied evidence from steward Marc Van Gestel that she left the Rosehill stable despite his waving and yelling for her to stop.

"I promise you I didn't see him do that, I'm not saying he didn't do that," Lambeth told the inquiry.

Murrihy was concerned Lambeth had taken the orange substance with her and hadn't been forthright with Van Gestel.

"Everyone is aware doctors and vets have to abide by confidentiality," Lambeth said.

"It wasn't you were trying to avoid culpability?" Murrihy asked.

"I admit I made a mistake," Lambeth replied. "In hindsight, I would have rather left the drip with the stewards, for sure."

Tim Martin assured stewards his horses were not treated on race day and that all drips were administered after fast gallops.

Murrihy produced billing records from Martin that showed horses were treated on race day but Martin maintained any treatment was given after fast gallops.

Stewards raised concerns about Martin's treatment logs, with Murrihy saying "your record-keeping needs looking at".

The trainer is due to fly back to England on Monday and reported Exceed And Excel was almost 100 per cent after the colt had been struck down with a virus which prevented it from running in this weekend's Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot.

Martin is confident Exceed And Excel will be ready for next month's July Cup.
Report J.R.Hartley February 13, 2014 9:35 PM GMT
Aussie sprinting star drugs shame........sounds familiar..........have you lot ever sent one over clean?
Report VeryLTU February 14, 2014 2:36 AM GMT
syndicated for 65 mill ...... baaannngggggg !!!!  ps: the discourse between vet and stewards upon arrival at stable was littered with aussie vernacular and should get a run in jimmy's upcoming blockbuster comedy imo.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com