Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ACStafford
26 Mar 16 00:01
| Topic/replies: 1,078 | Blogger: ACStafford's blog
Looking at booking some tickets for one of the roofs at Aintree on the opening day of the festival and wondered if there was anyone with experience of attending on the Lord Daresbury and Princess Royal roofs and has an opinion as to which is better?

Thanks.
Pause Switch to Standard View Which roof on the Thursday?
Show More
Report sacrifice1 March 27, 2016 2:26 PM BST
I prefer Princess Royal roof, not 100% certain that tickets are still available for either but good luck
Report bigben March 27, 2016 9:29 PM BST
I'm looking to on the Thursday for the first time & am also looking at those two stands.  I'm leaning towards The Princess Royal roof as it looks like you'll see more of the finishing straight.
Report school of science March 29, 2016 2:00 PM BST
Princess Royal for me, great views of the track
Report call it a day March 30, 2016 2:30 PM BST
Was in Daresbury last year. A lot of money for minimalist facilities...nowhere to sit in a basic bar: cold , Spartan, dingy. On the plus side, plenty of room outside and view is fabulous. Needs updating, however...poor value.
Report Gordon63 April 2, 2016 7:21 AM BST
after some advice on here earlier in year i'm going to Queen Mother Roof on Thu and Fri - Aintree is the last on my British Racecourses after visiting all the others some 5 years ago, was keeping Aintree back and if the WPM runners all come over then i'll feel as if i made the right choice in waiting till this year. really looking forward to it now!! decided to travel home saturday morning in time for National itself as the crowds on the day will be crazy! good luck everyone and Kruzhlinin wins
Report Sultan April 2, 2016 3:29 PM BST
Princess Royal gives the best view. Choose this stand every year. Roof gives better views than seats because you are so much higher up. Large screen opposite so you can see all the action from other side of course.
Report kavvie April 2, 2016 6:19 PM BST
anyone got a spare tatts ticket for saturday?
Report Swardean April 2, 2016 8:57 PM BST
I am in the Queen Mother roof on Thursday and Daresbury roof on Friday (as the QM has sold out).  All of them are great and compared to the hussle and bussle of Cheltenham it can feel great.   No queues for toilets or the bar.  Great view as well.  Just need the rain to stay away.

I prefer QM/Daresbury as nearer to the winning line but Princess Royal perhaps more modern.

I don;t think you can go wrong with any of them to be honest.

Call it a day, I cannot believe you are saying they are overpriced when you are looking at £45 for roof tickets on Thursday and you pay £70 for club at Chelt that gets you nothing.
Report call it a day April 4, 2016 6:52 PM BST
Hi Swardean,
Was referring to the 95 quid for Daresbury roof on National day. As I said earlier, view is great, apart from the big race itself where most of action is a long, long way away. Perhaps I am getting old but I expected some seating in the dedicated bar after shelling out that amount. Compared to the £49 paid for this year's Gold Cup Tatts I felt it poor value. The herding experience getting loaded onto a train is also somewhat daunting, but that is another story.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com