Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pilgrim
25 Mar 15 11:41
| Topic/replies: 65 | Blogger: pilgrim's blog
Hi. Mrs Pilgrim and I are going to Aintree for the first time and was wondering if there is any sound advice re transport into town from the course and stuff like that? We are staying Thursday night and Friday night but our accommodation is near the course. I go to Cheltenham every year but wouldn't mind any helpful hints ot tips from forum members please. Thanks in advance
Pause Switch to Standard View Aintree advice for first timer please
Show More
Report indybookie March 25, 2015 11:37 AM GMT
Where about are you and Mrs P staying.
Report pilgrim March 25, 2015 7:57 PM GMT
Staying in a 'budget hotel' at Stonedale
Report frances melly,so is italy. March 25, 2015 8:32 PM GMT
Where is Stonedale mate,im from Liverpool,never heard of it.
Report Steamship March 25, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
Think you're only 10min taxi ride from the course. When I used to for the National we would have a full breakfast and then get to the course for 11 open up a bottle of champers and take it from there. Evening would be a meal in town then find the bars. It's 11 years since we did this but obviously Liverpool is great for a night out.

I went on my own 4 years ago for the Thursday and walked the course which I would recommend.
Report Shrewd_dude March 25, 2015 10:18 PM GMT
Defo get there early enough to walk the course and see the fences (although I'd imagine they are less impressive since I was last there only several years ago with all the tinkering they have done.)
Report Angel Gabrial March 26, 2015 2:17 AM GMT
Be very wary of pick pockets. Seriously.
Report jameschildshieldwinner March 26, 2015 5:36 PM GMT
Suggest Mrs P might like to go shopping in Liverpool City centre on Friday. Tell her you'll meet her back at your digsExcitedHappyGrin
Report sacrifice1 March 28, 2015 12:31 PM GMT
Stonedale is on the border of Norris Green and Croxteth mate, wouldn't be too many places near to the hotel to go for a drink ( safely ! ),  although you are handy for the KFC etc. Be sure to order a taxi to get you to the course and back, if you fancy a lively night out head into town after racing, Maghull or Ormskirk  not bad options if you want to avoid the city centre,my tip would be to enjoy a drink in the railway club in Melling Road before/ after racing, full of racing people and plenty of cabs after racing to get you back to your hotel or onwards. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com