Forums

Grand National

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mary hinge
13 Apr 12 18:12
| Topic/replies: 273 | Blogger: mary hinge's blog
is surely too big at 40/1 for the National.  Grade 1 winner, 2nd in Hennessy this season, Hobbs been in mixed form this year but horses running really well now and at this meeting - Menorah, Wishfull Thinking, Fingal Bay.
Pause Switch to Standard View Planet of Sound
Show More
Report Flimsy Truth April 13, 2012 10:17 PM BST
Hobbs horses running well and looks sure to go well for a long way, but far from a certain stayer.  I will back it for small pieces each way
Report If cheltenham was every Day! April 13, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Think 4 and a half miles a bit too far,3 miles falt track as far as it can go.......maybe wromg
Report Viva Pataca April 14, 2012 10:35 AM BST
Second in the Hennessy off 158, has 156 today? Well in at the weights if you ask me.

Trip a doubt but it's a doubt for many. Don't Push It ran well in Arkle once upon a time, and carried 11-05 to National victory. Lots of similiarities between the two.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods April 14, 2012 10:56 AM BST
I've invested in this beast. Good luck POS backers Cool
Report fastche April 14, 2012 11:43 AM BST
kept galloping at the end of the Hennessy, people say he won't stay, but Kayf Tara must be a decent influence and the damsire (Dubasoff) sired Dubacilla (placed in National and GC, plus decent stayers Double Thriller and Double Silk. If anything he looks a bit one-paced, but that's fine for me over 4.5miles
Report strontium April 14, 2012 11:52 AM BST
4 1/2 m is a doubt for nearly all of them unless they've been round before.
Report jasey April 14, 2012 12:01 PM BST
i have had a nice place bet,with a small win
Report kelami April 14, 2012 12:12 PM BST
Is going to run a massive race.
Report Roger De Bris April 14, 2012 4:54 PM BST
went off way too fast..crazy for a doubtful stayer.
Report laman April 14, 2012 7:53 PM BST
Terrible ride, if I were the owner I'd kick Johnson into touch. Could never win like that. I 'm sure they weren't the instructions. Time after time asking the horse for a big one. Crap ride. Not talking thru my pocket either.
Report strontium April 14, 2012 8:16 PM BST
I'm not sure about that. One of the ways to get a doubtful stayer round is to get him in to a good rhythm. It's also a race that frequently favours front runners (because they stay out of trouble and get good sight of their fences). Also they cannot have known how far he would stay - if he gone round people would be saying it was a brilliant ridden.

Richard J is not my favourite but I can't believe the amount of stick he gets. He's riddden well over 2000 winners. He must know what he's doing!

I'm glad I don't have to do my job in public 6 times a day, 7 days a week. How many of us can truly say we never have a bad hour at the office, let alone a bad day?
Report saxon farm April 14, 2012 10:57 PM BST
I backed him.
No complaints from me. POS ran free from an early stage. RJ was fine, you cannot put the hand brake down when the animal is in top gear and relishing it. Beecher Chase in December would be interesting.
Report saxon farm April 14, 2012 10:59 PM BST
^
sorry, LIFT the hand brake.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com