Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sparrow
26 Jan 19 07:58
| Topic/replies: 26,308 | Blogger: sparrow's blog
Top 2 of Park Royal 1956 next is White City Derby Day 1932 and bottom photo of Charlton.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Photos of Park Royal, White City and...
Show More
Report RothmanMike January 26, 2019 12:23 PM GMT
Never went to Charlton,but that looks like a football pitch in the middle.
That's another subject,how many greyhound tracks had football pitches in the middle.
Report Patcon January 26, 2019 5:35 PM GMT
Me and my wife went to Park Royal Boxing Day morning meetings during the 50s ( Straight from the Christmas night party.) The chilly cold mornings helped sober us up! It used to be packed tight with fun loving good humoured spectators. ..and we often went to White City on cold winter Thursday nights ( who remembers the coke braziers on the terraces? Not a "Health and safety officer in sight"!!!!) We first read about the Manchester United Football Team plane crash on a newspaper stand advert as we left White City underground station on our way to the dog meeting at the Stadium on Thursday 6th February 1958.
I Was first encouraged to try "Jellied Eels" at White City Dogs by my wife. Many of our "Courting Days and evenings" revolved around Dog Racing. "The Pictures" Bus's and Underground Stations...Oh Happy Days!!!!! P and I
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com