Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
toberaheena
30 Dec 12 23:19
| Topic/replies: 12,895 | Blogger: toberaheena's blog
Welcome back after the break. Betfair market up and obviously a wide open event. Will need to study and maybe use the horses for courses theory and see who has played the course well in the past. Good as any place to start.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Hyundai Tournament of Champions 2013
Show More
Report Silver Medal Winnder January 7, 2013 10:19 PM GMT
hey guys,

i put a bet on with ladbrokes for top european before the event started.

does any1 know if it will stand? even ladbrokes dont seem to know!!
Report pandy January 7, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
54 holes bookies pay out here
Report hitmanhearn January 7, 2013 10:43 PM GMT
If it gets abandoned will they still pay out on round 1 bets? Think ive got a treble in.Not certain left my sip in the van.
Report pandy January 7, 2013 10:46 PM GMT
yes pay out on round 1 cos it finished but needs 54 holes for tourny bets to pay
Report Silver Medal Winnder January 7, 2013 10:47 PM GMT
is this going to be 54 holes? gutted its not on sky
Report hitmanhearn January 7, 2013 10:50 PM GMT
Nice one Pando.
Report hitmanhearn January 7, 2013 10:51 PM GMT
Hope they finish im sitting handily with Fowler and Sned.
Report dazmacccccc January 7, 2013 10:54 PM GMT
do all bookies refund on less than 54 holes?
Report pandy January 7, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
silver medal go onto firstrow sports online im watching it for free now also save the link to favourites all premier football matches are on for free im an albion fan and have watched every game home and away this season dont ever pay for sky sports its all free online even when not on sky
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 1:00 AM GMT
Just made my move and laid Zach Johnson €100 @4.55
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 1:02 AM GMT
That should read 4.6
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 1:10 AM GMT
do u mean dustin johnson?
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 1:11 AM GMT
hey muppet, where was your info about stricker and his one leg Crazy?
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 1:15 AM GMT
since dec apparently he's been on one leg.
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 1:23 AM GMT
Yes Poke. You are correct. Using a bit of my winnings from match Bradley v Huh in ist round. How are you faring ?
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 1:23 AM GMT
if stricker had twitter. he would have said before the tourney 'i'm on one leg' and then folk on here would go, 'oooh he's on one leg better not back him.'

beware the injured golfer!!! he's going bananas.
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 1:31 AM GMT
sh1t tobe, that was a long wait for that bet of yours to come through! longest 'first round' ever.
nice one.
i have gone for something like you by backing bradley, sneaky and the one legged guy.
basically said no to dustbin. but he has got a good record in 54 hole tourneys because he cant choke the fourth round Crazy
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 2:39 AM GMT
what the hell was that sneaky?

dustbin train :(
Report par January 8, 2013 2:53 AM GMT
no need to choke when you flush a  driver straight into a hazard, #notgotabrainitshead
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 2:53 AM GMT
dustbin train slightly derailed....
Report par January 8, 2013 3:18 AM GMT
back on the rails now, :-)
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 3:30 AM GMT
steaming....
Report harter January 8, 2013 4:23 AM GMT
If I didn't bet Dustin pre-tourney I'd take him at 1.7 now. There's no one who can catch him.
Report bluebirdfan January 8, 2013 7:17 AM GMT
Im on DJ and Bubba; knowing my luck at the moment the weather will return today and the tournament will be cancelled
Report meggiesboy January 8, 2013 8:23 AM GMT
will this be on sky tonight?
Report sandsave January 8, 2013 8:33 AM GMT
yes 6 pm uk time
Report meggiesboy January 8, 2013 8:54 AM GMT
spot on cheeers
Report pandy January 8, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
well what can i say dustin really showed them how to play second round and is a near certain winner now at last he had round without the dreaded 3 putt but for the 3 x 3 putts first round he would be already won this event but if he doesnt 3 putt tonight they simply cant catch him. he had injuries first half of last year but second half he was no less than awesome that with  the fact hes best at not three putting made him a good thing in this tourny.
i hate big heads but if you check pandy post for this event i told you he was a good thing here that plus the fact im a better teacher at golf than a player but play far too much golf anyway plus i read and collect golf stats all the time. it looks like im having another profitable golf season, need it cos i just booked a golf break for me and mrs pandy in york 2 nights plus 3 days golf 4 star for £215 each thanks for the holiday dustin
Report padlock January 8, 2013 10:34 AM GMT
wd pandy,chickens countedMischief
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 11:13 AM GMT
it looks like im having another profitable golf season,

Well done on your Dustin bet, but I still say that qoute is a tiny tiny bit premature...
Report DONEMYLOT January 8, 2013 11:20 AM GMT
I'm on and am not confident, purely because of Stricks. Looked in trouble at times but plays this course quite beautifully. Just hope Dustbin doesnt get ahead of himself. He did miss a few putts first round, when should have gone to -6. Granted made up for it, but that doubt over his finesse shots still lingers.

Should be fun tho
Report Deplasterer January 8, 2013 11:40 AM GMT
Far from over this, though wouldn't want to lay too much of Dustbin tbh. Good luck all those still in with a shout, I'm off to study up on Saffers event on Thursday.
Report callitasucit January 8, 2013 2:17 PM GMT
Waiting on a nice few bob on Dusty, and think his price is about right at moment, but tempted to lay off, and hope he loses. Have absolutely nothing against DJ, but the cocky Pandy seems to a complete fuc*in sap!! If he mentions 'doesn't 3-putt' one more time! If Dusty had putted half decent last night, this gig be over. He made nothing of note,compared to say someone like Keegan Bradley. Pandy credits himself with picking Dusty due to his ability to avoid 3 putts. I do believe he had 3 of these yesterday, quite poor, and to suggest this is why he is leading is ridiculous. I think you will find Pandy, that it is in fact DJs long game that has put him in such a commanding position. Hope your not as premature with Mrs Pandy in that York hotel room, or she could be looking for someone else with better touch around the short grass herself!!!
Report dessys January 8, 2013 2:21 PM GMT
for all those lamenting Dustin's putting, go check out how many putts Stricker missed under 4 foot in round 1....quite astonishing.

I am on Stricker and I am quietly confident he can overcome a 3 shot deficit. That said, you'd have to have seen my luck last year to believe it. When I was on a big leader he choked, when I was on the guy a few shots behind in second, the leader won, and when I was 4 or 5 behind, someone from 8 behind would win it....

Come on Dustin, get spraying that ball wild!!
Report callitasucit January 8, 2013 2:29 PM GMT
Hope your luck gets better this year Dessy, I backed Toms last yr going into final round at 130, only for Two Gloves to come from further behind and chin him. Then,waiting on Tommy for a 5 timer on 2balls in first rd last night, 2 ahead playing 17, he fuc*in triple bogeys, whilst Beljan makes bird! Thanks Tommy!!A note on Strickers putting, it has gone sharply downhill in the last ten months. He doesn't look nearly so reliable on them 6-10 footers. I fear his wining days at the top table may be gone.
Report dessys January 8, 2013 2:33 PM GMT
its definitely a concern for stricker this year......

Though his 125 yard stat is simply hard to believe. If he sprinkles a few short courses in where the 125 yardage comes into play he'll still win only playing 10 times..
Report DONEMYLOT January 8, 2013 3:05 PM GMT
Id worry more about Stricks injury. Knows everything about this gaff, landed it on 18 to perfection.
Report jaytay2 January 8, 2013 3:59 PM GMT
callitasucitLaughif i was'nt on with the books would be tempted for exactly the same reasons
Report ronsk January 8, 2013 4:05 PM GMT
This place is still riddled with simpletons I see. I truly didn't believe that the ridiculously sparse punctuation and incredibly childish grammar could possibly become even sparser and more child-like, but having read what 'Mandy' (what a twot) had to say, It simply beggars belief!

Oh well, back to Twitter.
Report donny osmond January 8, 2013 4:17 PM GMT
140 characters are more than enough for some
Report donny osmond January 8, 2013 4:17 PM GMT
140 characters are more than enough for some
Report ronsk January 8, 2013 4:22 PM GMT
T........W.......I.......T.......L.......O.......N.......G.......E.......R.....
Report Fallen Angel January 8, 2013 4:39 PM GMT
What time are they supposed to be teeing off for the final round?
Report callitasucit January 8, 2013 4:40 PM GMT
5.10pm
Report Fallen Angel January 8, 2013 4:43 PM GMT
thanks. Lucky I am just about to finish work the Grin
Report Merlin7 January 8, 2013 4:48 PM GMT
Does anyone know if they are playing from the championship tees today or the ladies tees again ?
Report birchy January 8, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
If the course is set up same as yesterday Dustin cant lose imo. He will have so many birdie chances that it will take a miracle round to catch him.
Report callitasucit January 8, 2013 5:27 PM GMT
He probably is still value, won't bother laying any off. Strickers putting frailties, and injury dont inspire confidence, and DJ should be better equipped than most to deal with the rigours of 54 holes in two days of high winds. Few quid on Bradley without.
Report Merlin7 January 8, 2013 5:31 PM GMT
Ladies tee on 2 and its downwind. Beggars belief !
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 5:48 PM GMT
Standing to lose €550 on Johnson or win €200. Am considering backing Johnson now to get that 200 back. Poke...if you are on...what is your opinion...
Report pandy January 8, 2013 5:55 PM GMT
theres still a few w4nkers on here i see but i have to save second round yesterday DUSTIN DID NOT 3 PUTT ONCE PLUS HE HAD THE USUAL BRILLIANT BACK 9 IF HES IN FRONT AT 9 TODAY HES WON AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT WINS GOING AWAY the eagle 3 to finish last night was awesome
Report ronsk January 8, 2013 5:59 PM GMT
Translation, anyone?
Report pandy January 8, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
RONSK you arew sounding like one of the 99 percent on here who lose money but good luck anyway.
also when i posted my bet originally there was only 2 others who picked dustin and i read the entire thread but now theres 8 or 9 who are about to win fortunes if you lost just say so theres no need to lie
Report omega1 January 8, 2013 6:21 PM GMT
Hard to take poorly written, poorly punctuated opinion, seriously. As it may well follow that the opinion itself is such!
Report birchy January 8, 2013 6:23 PM GMT
Dustin is still value price now imo. He will probably get 4 or 5 birdies minimum today with conditions even better and he has his nearest rival alongside him so he knows what he needs to do in that regard. Next man back isnt feeling too well either so cant imagine him going crazy and shooting the lights out. He is playing rock solid too hitting greens for fun.
Report the stunning January 8, 2013 6:40 PM GMT
If dustin wins this he is 3/3 in 54 hole eventsShocked.Bizarre.
Report pandy January 8, 2013 6:56 PM GMT
now dustin doesnt need to putt he holes from off the green
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 6:58 PM GMT
I'm not sure the ball had stopped moving when Bubba tapped in for bogey just now Shocked
Report the stunning January 8, 2013 7:01 PM GMT
RING IN NOW EDDIELaugh
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 7:01 PM GMT
Eagle Sneds !!
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 7:09 PM GMT
Nice birdie Harry Laugh
Report par January 8, 2013 7:17 PM GMT
does snedeker ever miss
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 7:18 PM GMT
galloping around tonight. Amazing how quick they can play when they want to get out of town
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 7:29 PM GMT
par     08 Jan 13 19:17 
does snedeker ever miss

impressive work par
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 7:39 PM GMT
and another misses
Report par January 8, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
frames says I am different class mighty whites.

it is uncanny.
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 7:47 PM GMT
dustin train tobe.....
its steaming to the 1.01 platform
Plain
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
think he is right, much appreciated
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 8:10 PM GMT
suddenly we have a golf competition
Report mengmeng January 8, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
they seem to be saying that was his 3rd shot from the fairway? surely it was 4th... price seems to indicate people think it was 3rd too
Report pandy January 8, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
a busy day tomorrow studying the course and stats for thursday ............ps is pandy still being PREMATURE hahahaha dustin cruising to an easy victory could be winning by as many as 7 shots plus. well done harter and titch the only others who were on pre tournament as posted on here. if you want to know what pandy is backing thursday message me i will be happy to talk to you through messages but theres too many w4nkers on here with their lies and cr4p i just dont need or want it
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
how is he 3 on? did i miss something or are these commentators even more stupid than i thought?
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
It was his 4th, but not from the fairway though..
Report mengmeng January 8, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
yeah true...looks like the fairway at my club. confused me!
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 8:16 PM GMT
Did back Dustin earlier tonight @ 1.7 to cover losses on him. Now he just has to win. Hope he does not choke. Just hit a chicken iron on par 3 then hit a drive into Savannah grass.
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 8:39 PM GMT
@poke.....he had a lost ball and that was a provisional.
Report Gerbs January 8, 2013 8:46 PM GMT
anyone got a radio link
my one from last year does not work now Sad
Report toberaheena January 8, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Dustin goes 3 ahead with 6 to play.
Report par January 8, 2013 8:59 PM GMT
this will be some achievement to lose from where he was on 9 tee
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 8:59 PM GMT
tobe thanks but thats exactly why i said it couldnt be his third on the green. because i knew he hit a provi.
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 9:01 PM GMT
chokerthon!!!!!
Report zekial January 8, 2013 9:03 PM GMT
whats the current situation>pga leaderboard mils behind
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
dustbin chokerthon is what's happening.....pron only one shot lead after current hole
Report Eddie the eagle January 8, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
Both on green. Stricker has around 20 ft for birdie and Dustin has around 50 ft for bogey.
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
'prob' rather
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 9:06 PM GMT
haha. betfair prices finally caught up Cool
Report Sports Fan January 8, 2013 9:06 PM GMT
Why does Dustin do this?  The speed in which he played his second shot there was a joke.
Report par January 8, 2013 9:06 PM GMT
Dustin is  a bit thick is he not.

It is like watching  Forrest Gump playing golf.
Report Sports Fan January 8, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
How good could he be if he played the correct shot every time?  I do like his aggression on the course generally but there has to be a time when you adapt your game to the situatiuon.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 January 8, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
eagle for dusty bin
Report pokeron January 8, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
dustbin eagle! forrest is finally running away from the pack for good Laugh
Report par January 8, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
Class move from Stricker - went out of his way to congratulate him right away, top man.
Report Sports Fan January 8, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
Market knew about a full minute before my Sky pictures.
Report sandsave January 8, 2013 9:21 PM GMT
Even shot tracker updated before we saw it
Report Ski-Wiz January 8, 2013 9:41 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2013 -- 8:39AM, Ski-Wiz wrote:

So it's cancelled......glad i didn't waste any more time on this.However over 400 posts and over 11,000 views for the first 'tournament' of the year.........is good and i, along with many on here, hopes this continues.A bit of banter doesn't do any harm.

Oh what a ****-up........was informed by betfair it was cancelled and looked at the pga site and was ''cancelled''........didn't realised they carried on.....misread the situation.........BlushBlush

Report DONEMYLOT January 8, 2013 10:40 PM GMT
par 08 Jan 13 21:06 
Dustin is  a bit thick is he not.

It is like watching  Forrest Gump playing golf.

couldnt agree more, its like a heart attack every tee shot. Mind you, most wins on Tour for an under-30 (till Rory wins many of course) and plays the game like Bubba and Micko, all seeming to get the job done. Does make you wince at times though
Report 2dagmar January 8, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
Where are the odds for this tournament??? Am I going mad!!!?
Report par January 8, 2013 11:13 PM GMT
donemylot, he is a sublime talent and getting better

my main one would be driver on 17 yesterday

I seen Dufner nearly run out of fairway and I wondered what Dustin would hit. Lo and behold he hit the driver.

Just the odd reining back on really strategic holes and he would be challenging for majors.

But, it seems to work for him so maybe the ultra aggresive pays for him.
Report DONEMYLOT January 9, 2013 8:32 AM GMT
par, I agree.

The Dustbin/Duffers/Bradley brigade look like having a great year and it was his dd that did the trick this week. I have no doubt, like many, that he should already be holding one, if not two, of the big ones. I do still harbor doubts over his short game, although thats improved massively, just think on really tricky tracks he may just lag behind (not by much) the true chippers of the game. That chipped eagle, that was going past a few feet and could have changed the game completely. nevertheless there are no pictures on scorecards.

One thing for sure with those three and Bubba about, its always very good to watch
Report toberaheena January 9, 2013 11:59 AM GMT
Just before the Volvo and Sony, I would like to thank all those who took time to contribute to this tread as we awaited the tournament to get going. Without your input, it would have been even more frustrating. I know there were not too many profiteers, unless they did not care to post news of their  winnings. Such is their right. Me, I got out on top after a good bet in a 2 ball 1st round between Keegan Bradley and Huh. I then got into a bit of trouble in laying Dustin to win but took out the loss by having a full covering bet on him to win @ 1.7..So just €15 profit on outright market.but very happy with that. Onwards and upwards now guys and Thursday is nearly upon us already. Do not forget Max is still taking entries for the Fantasy Golf Competition. If you are not in you cannot win.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now