Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DoggyLFC
21 Aug 08 15:26
| Topic/replies: 1,298 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 3:03 PM GMT
Karius ?

Not that it makes much difference as they're both sh1te but thought Mignolet was our league keeper ?
Report inca January 14, 2018 3:07 PM GMT
Could put them both in still wouldn’t make a difference
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 4:09 PM GMT
that's top class Ox!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 4:41 PM GMT
fack off Gomez getting caught under the ball again ffs and as for that useless fackwit in goals
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 4:48 PM GMT
Ox been fantastic in that first half
Report inca January 14, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
Karius is possibly the only keeper in the PL who is worse than Ming,Gomez was sleeping for the Arsenal and Burnley goals and again today at fault...think TAA is a better option
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
fkin Can always takes 7-8 touches too many, just put Mane or Salah through there
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 5:18 PM GMT
Bobby!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 5:19 PM GMT
bloody heck what a few minutes, get in
Report elvissss January 14, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
Unreal stuff from liverpool
Report Solano1 January 14, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
Never in doubt.
Report inca January 14, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
Walk in the park,quite a relaxing Sunday afternoon
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y January 14, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
Haha Solano, between the Eagles last night and now that I am surprised my heart has not packed it in.

Thought Ox, Robertson and Wijnaldum (defensively) where absolutely brilliant today.
Report inca January 14, 2018 6:47 PM GMT
Yes PF Robertson again absolutely outstanding against top quality opposition,cannot believe we had some thinking Moreno was a better option but virtually every player today was on their game yes Gomez wasn’t great at their goal and Can thinks he has moved to Italy already how much time does he want.......... lastly Karius sorry but he is woeful his overall performance was sh1t.

But a great team performance overall
Report moisok January 14, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
Robertson-
I think I saw him in one of his early games and thought he was quite ordinary
Seen him a couple of times on the televisual experience later -  he sure has come on - looks very useful
Report degsy42 January 14, 2018 7:02 PM GMT
robertson , heart on the sleeve stuff , top lad
Report 1st time poster January 14, 2018 7:15 PM GMT
in world football Raheem sterling is a non entity not top class opposition
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
Routine
Report pushkin99 January 14, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
Wonderful game, brilliant result. Citeh played their part, heart in mouths time right at the end when we thought Aguero had scored...........

I really took to Robertson when he played a blinder against Palace, as others have indicated another good performance.

All this with VVD and maybe even Keita to reinforce the team.
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
2 great games for your lad robbo Inca

some of his closing/tackling today was top draw
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
He celebrates our goals like a fan that's stumbled out of the Kop too, great to see, still makes me chuckle with his reaction to VVD's goal. Looks like he has all the passion, a great engine and a cool head, not the worst of combining factors, hopefully he can be consistent and that's one of the longer term problems sorted.
Report inca January 14, 2018 9:11 PM GMT
Yes Striding just hoping he keeps it going ,you are right about his passion etcbut this is a lad who has had numerous knock backs in his football career and battled through them,he virtually had to go back to the bottom and start again,and I think that’s where the passion comes from he is living the dream
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 9:21 PM GMT
Fair play, I was surprised after what I thought was a decent start that he was edged out and had to wait his turn but he's certainly throwing down his own marker now.

All the best to him. Wink
Report inca January 14, 2018 9:23 PM GMT
Pity can’t say the same about Karius he is just fkg awful a
Report inca January 14, 2018 9:24 PM GMT
Some of the PC money has to be spent on a keeper
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 9:28 PM GMT
I did say I wasn't sure any of the back ups would make a difference to us and unfortunately nothing at this stage suggests any different. Lovren still stinks the place out especially in big games when we are under the kosh imo, that 3rd goal just wouldn't have happened with VVD in the middle today.

You are right though we need a keeper, then hopefully with keita and VVD down the spine, the team will be more solid looking.
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 9:33 PM GMT
Joe got to learn about losing the flight of the ball (happened a few times now), it was windy today but certainly can't be losing it over his head so often. I thought otherwise he did pretty well against Sane (who is top class imo).

Some of the defending doesn't help the keeper(s) but I think it's been pretty unanimous for a long time that we need a better keeper even if there were some differences on here as to the extent other players were to blame also.

I'm sure a keeper will be top priority in summer.Let's hope they come up with the right answer.
Report inca January 14, 2018 9:34 PM GMT
Lovren,I forgot about him yes he was terrible at their goal also silly these mad charges out of the back line and he is left out of position
Report inca January 14, 2018 9:38 PM GMT
Apart from the their first goal thought Gomez was fine
Report anxious January 14, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
Fair play to the mickeys today deserved to win , glad that the oil rig were beaten
Report degsy42 January 14, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
5 times
Report stridingedge January 14, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
Yes he's got a chance of making it with us longer term, surely be seeing him at CB next season with VVD to bring him along. I'm not as hot on Matip as I was the first 6 months but think/hope VVD's direction helps whoever he is paired with.

I have to go anyway.

Great result for us. Another week to recover before the swans, obviously must reinforce today's gains with another 3pts there.

Good night all.
Report loui January 14, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
The thing that always gets me with Lovren is that's he's 6ft odd but when he jumps he might get 4 inches off the ground, it's like he's got lead boots on. He's got no spring in his jump. Apart from that and our goalies are average at best, what a great game and the way we took the game to them was brilliant. 4-3 was a false scoreline but we know what a defence can be like when the heats on. Robbo and Ox were excellent,
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:04 PM GMT
What a bleeding great game that was! Absolutely brilliant game of football. Thought we were superb and to outplay the best team in the league showed just how good we are at the minute. Shame about the late goals as I thought we were better than the scoreline TBH, but not unusual for us!

Hard to single out anyone after that, but I did think Bobby, Wijnaldum, Ox Chambo and Robertson were our standout performers. Ox is getting better all the time and hard to believe the stick a lot of our fans were giving Klopp when we signed him. With Coutinho going, we would look really light without him and he looks like he could become a regualr first teamer if he keeps this up. Hard to believe hes still only 24.

Haven't seen the goals again, but whilst Karius should definitely not have been beaten at his near post, Sane didn't half connect with it and I thought their keeper actually did worse for two of our goals, but the pundits will no doubt concentrate on Karius. Gomez and Matip should also have dealt with it much before he got the shot away. Think Klopp will stick with Karius now we have VVD and really see what he's made of for the rest of the season. We know Mignolet isn't good enough, and it looks as if Karius isn't either, but makes sense to give him a run I reckon as at least he might improve.

Cant believe we are still booing Sterling! Time to move on. But the atmosphere was really good today and you just sensed the players were more up for it after the drubbing at their place.

Played 7 of the big 10 games now which is the most of anyone I think, and in a really good position to kick on and try and prove we are the second best team in the league, which is it how it feels to me right now. Can't afford many slip ups though as we could realisticlaly get mid 70 points this season and still miss out on the CL places.

Keita for Can and VVD for Lovren really improves this team too. Plenty of reasons to be positive. Surely even the Klopp out fans feel positive tonight?!
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
Thought they really seemed to target Robbo first half too and he stood up to he challenge brilliantly. So much so, they seemed not to do it so much second half!

So good to score four in our first game after PC left. Will hopefully give the whole squad a lift and the belief we can keep progressing without him. And without VVD!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
As I said earlier before today's game we won't feel the benefit till after the next round of games

I know everyone thinks the league is over but it's imperative we are in clear second place asap

Because as the g so reduces we need to be the benefactors

Despite the late goals they were clearly second best
As for the keeper yrs he should have done better but hrs not played enough to write him off

He should be given the rile till the season ends as he clearly the better keeper

Look at his age and his overall clean sheets and goals against record

I keep hearing about all these great keepers but when I see them they are average at best

He needs games and a lot of them
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
The league is over RP!
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
That's a popular view and its easy to see why but over the next few weeks when the drawn games start to take effect and the gap becomes 8 not 18 then who knows
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:42 PM GMT
Klopp confirms Karius is now LFC’s number one Goalkeeper

Speaking to German outlet DAZN DE after the win, the Liverpool manager confirmed Karius has now moved ahead of Mignolet in his reckoning.

“He’s the number one, he might make mistakes but this is life,” said Klopp

Think this is definitely related to us getting VVD. His aerial presence will help Karius. Won't f*cking help his shot stopping much mind you!
Report inca January 14, 2018 10:56 PM GMT
2nd the best we can hope for RP,as for Karius give him a run of games but I see nothing to even remotely suggest he is better than Mingo we need to go spend big money for a keeper
Find Klopps timing a bit strange pretty much from out of the blue he says Karius is number 1!!
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
Yeah think we all agree on that inca. Convinced it's because we've got VVD now.
Report inca January 14, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Maybe just to play VVD in goals!!!!
Report anxious January 14, 2018 11:02 PM GMT
Karuis ffs he would be lucky to get a game at Burscough
Report anxious January 14, 2018 11:02 PM GMT
Floop is still potty
Report Can't Catch Me January 14, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
Might well be the best we've got!
Report degsy42 January 14, 2018 11:09 PM GMT
yeh but we won , de de de dederder
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 11:11 PM GMT
Why is it strange he named Sirius as his number one before
Things didn't go well but he's been number one go.Cleo

He was taken out the spotlight and Now he's back that's good management

Hrs played 14 games and probably about four five consecutive Its no we're near enough  imo
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 11:12 PM GMT
Karius klopp bloody predictive lol
Report inca January 14, 2018 11:23 PM GMT
Just think it’s out of the blue RP ,but yes give him games just can’t see anything in his game to suggest he is any good.Dont think he is a shot stopper,looks woeful at cross balls,no command in the box apart from that he is ok..
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 14, 2018 11:41 PM GMT
Lol I respect ur view and can understand it but I think with a run of games he will be seen in a much better light

A Liverpool keeper won't get 15 20 shots to save a game so they have to make few saves when needed

Other keepers let in lots of goals but ate praised for the saves they make

It's all about opinions I'll say he will post impressive stats when we look back if he gets the games
Report Capt__F January 14, 2018 11:46 PM GMT
in Jurgen we trust

not bad todayExcitedGrin
Report inca January 14, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
He had 4 today and 3 went in!!!!!!
Report anxious January 14, 2018 11:48 PM GMT
Rp Have you been on the moon shine big time
Report Capt__F January 14, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
enjoy the win !!

would you prefer tattoo man in goal he shoite even with his happy face  tat nice assist for Mo
Report inca January 14, 2018 11:52 PM GMT
Capt f     Yes I would take him in a minute!!
Report TENDY January 15, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
Inca...I'm not a fan of Mingo but in defence of Karius, yes the common theory is a GK should not be beaten at the near post.

But as stated on here already by CCM. it was a really powerful shot, it looked it from i where I was and since on
The highlights.
But otherwise It's not fair to say that he had 4 and 3 went in!
Nothing he could with 2other goals as they were not at him and Gundigan was a great control and poke into the corner.

Compare that with 5 goals plus 2 disallowed from inthink 10 or shots at City!!!
Report anxious January 15, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
Capt maybe Dudek must stay hey hey
Report inca January 15, 2018 12:15 AM GMT
Tendy I only mentioned that because RP mentioned in his post how Liverpool keepers don’t get 15-20 shots to deal with...........just don’t think he is any better than Mingo they are both pretty poor and certainly not what we need to progress..
But as I have said give him a run of games just don’t see anything to encourage me.

And yes Sane did hit it well but he should have done better IMO
Report G Hall January 15, 2018 12:48 AM GMT
Salah mane mane and bobby firminio
Report G Hall January 15, 2018 12:51 AM GMT
But we sold coutinho wtf was that bit about
Report lfc1971 January 15, 2018 7:23 AM GMT
What a great game and what a great result for football . To see Liverpool unafraid to take the game to Man City who in their arrogance think they can pass the ball around at the back, no , that will not be allowed to happen at anfield ...and nether should it anywhere else .
Report loui January 15, 2018 12:10 PM GMT
https://www.facebook.com/FHG01/videos/326438811180879/

That’s for you G Hall
Report loui January 15, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
He needs to get out that room I think
Report buddeliea January 15, 2018 12:30 PM GMT
Anyone know of better keepers than we have now?
ones that are available.
Report Twoboyz January 15, 2018 1:01 PM GMT
Report Can't Catch Me January 15, 2018 1:47 PM GMT
Been linked with this Alisson lad from Roma who keeps Ederson out of the Brazil national team.

Oblak would do! No idea if either would be interested.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 15, 2018 1:52 PM GMT
we have all to a man said we don't think mignolet is good enough so we should embrace the fact the manager has now put karius in ahead of him

I agree with many he's not looked anything special and has made a glaring error v Bournemouth been blamed for a couple of goals many think he should have saved yesterday's equaliser and a free kick in cl game spring to mind

So I can see the view people have of him I've watched him and his starting position is good his distribution is good he's got a brain in there

I think he comes for crosses well when he comes I'm not sure how many games he's played for us and how many losses we've suffered

Think we all agree he's not playing behind one of the top four defences in the league but in fairness probably the fifth
I think klopp has handled him well took him out the firing line when needed but gave him the boost of making him his cl keeper

Don't think we lost a game but we did concede goals but the aim was to get out the group and progress
The manager will know if we need another keeper or not

But I think he will judge him when he's behind a defence the manager thinks is consistently our best
I'm happy to have him as number one

I think he will make it his own
Report degsy42 January 15, 2018 2:55 PM GMT
give karius a run in the team till end of season , see what happens then
Report Can't Catch Me January 15, 2018 5:24 PM GMT
First thing i thought after Bobby scored was how like Fowler's goal it was... only remembered the finish but almost a carbon copy!

https://twitter.com/StudgeIsMyMate/status/952604406352138240
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 15, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
lol I was saying that to mate all through game and said bet after the game some one says it took a while but Cara got it in and bet he gets it in tonite with Neville lol
Report anxious January 15, 2018 6:39 PM GMT
Wasnt that the season we done the double and beat youse in the Cup final with your white randall and hopkirk suits on
Report pushkin99 January 15, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Wonderful to see the goals again on MoTD last night.

Jordan Ibe scoring was a real bonus too.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 15, 2018 9:39 PM GMT
Only just finished watching the game. Was out the country and as flying through first half. Drive home with the radio on was interesting.

Bear with me...

Karius - I still think Mignolet is the better keeper. Everything I've seen of them both screams it. But Simon isn't top, top class and has had enough chances so I get why Karios should get a run. He may not be good enough but maybe he progresses if he gets a run. De Gea is the obvious reference point given his initial difficulties, though that seems remote. Given Klopp's record though I think its good to be patient and wait if it means we see and then he gets his #1 in the summer. For the record, I think he's a bit unlucky for the first. Should have done better, and should have tried to tip it with his right hand rather than double fist it but the shot was fierce.

Gomez - seems to be having a mad moment a game that is being picked up. Made an error on their first certainly but otherwise played well. Up against - maybe Hazard apart - probably his toughest opponent this season and lost out once. Had a good game overall.

Centre backs - sticking my neck out. By the end of the season, Lovren will be VVD's partner.

Robertson - really love his aggression. Has the edge on Moreno in that. Good game but think it's a bit over blown. Loved that bit of chasing but we were leading against the best attacking team in the country and leaves his position to go chasing the ball across the pitch and eventually fouling a lad. Rafa would've been furious. Still loved it though. That said, he's earnt the right to keep the shirt. Just as Albi earnt the right before his injury, Robbo has now done enough to stay in I reckon.

Gini - was really good. Covered so much. Hopefully set to play 95% of remaining game time

Chamberlain - I really like him. Wonder if one of the reasons we went for him was for his set pieces. We knew Phil was off so got someone who barely wasted a corner or free kick in. Love how he's always looking to bite in, yet has his head up the moment he's got the ball.

Mane - he's back. Big second half of the season coming.

Salah - the PL's Messi

Firmino - most underrated player in the league. Best around at holding the ball up. Upper body strength of a light middleweight. Touch of a musician. Workrate of a Latvian immigrant on a Lincolnshire farm.

Klopp - we are BLESSED to have him. Absolutely blessed. We'd all be wise to remember that from time to time.
Report TENDY January 15, 2018 10:07 PM GMT
@CCM I thought the very same thing about the Fowler goal!
Not Carbon Copy though but very close!
Report rothko January 15, 2018 11:01 PM GMT
Robertson was excellent not sure what your getting at with the over blown comment. He has the edge on Moreno in lots of areas
IF VVD had played we would have given them loads of problems from our corners as the delivery was very good
The atmosphere was brilliant and the best for a long time
Report inca January 15, 2018 11:37 PM GMT
Your obviously struggling to say how wrong you were about Andy Robertson POP he is better than the headless chicken in every area and he will keep progressing not to say he won’t make the odd mistake but he will keep improving with time...

Btw who gives a fk what Rafa would think,this is the same Rafa who wanted to replace Alonso with Barry and the main reason that Alonso left one of the best midfielders in the world and Rafa chased him out...

Agree with your comments about Gomez and Karius but I will be surprised if it’s Lovren with VVD,Lovren was poor again yesterday..
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 15, 2018 11:44 PM GMT
Yeah, who gives a fk about the manager who won us a European Cup.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 15, 2018 11:49 PM GMT
Can't have lovren in there imo
Report inca January 15, 2018 11:57 PM GMT
Pop you made a fkg stupid comment oh what would Rafa think about Robertson chasing down,I will repeat couldn’t care less what the current Manager of Newcastle would think....

Lovren ffs he is awful.Captain yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!
Report inca January 16, 2018 1:44 AM GMT
Actually the Captain thing might become a bit interesting
Hendo out
Milner not a regular
PC gone
Ming dropped
Lovren not a certain starter for me...and wouldn’t be my choice

Think I would have Bobby surely too soon just to hand it to VVD
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 6:51 AM GMT
I said when or just before he signed that vvd could/would be captain I understand he's only just arrived but sometimes you buy a player and a captain without realising it

Other than that if he stayed can might be the sort who given an armband takes his form to a new level imo has the style when he's on it the key pass the stunning goal ability rare I know but Watford springs to mind a strong runner with the ball and capable of throwing in a hefty tackle also plays in the midfield a popular position for captains

Other than that not sure who takes it
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 16, 2018 9:00 AM GMT
Inca - I think you might do well to read my whole piece on Robertson not just pick out the bit I'm slightly critical about and get all hot and bothered about it. I think he had a good game but listening to some reports it sounded like the second coming of Maldini. I don't think he was that good and while that chasing down was brilliant I could imagine the manager - who's team is winning and trying to see the game out against the best team in the land - wouldn't have been too pleased to see his full back vacate his post and turn into the brainless Moreno of a couple of years ago. That's all.

I think he's got much better of late (how often do our signings show real improvement when given regular games!) and deserves to keep his shirt on merit.

As for how wrong I was! - CBA myself but I'm sure others will vouch that I was the first one on here touting for us to sign him. Saw the potential way back when. He just didn't impress me massively at first.

Odd really, how suddenly we seem to have two good left backs in the squad!

RP - I get the caution with Lovren ahead of Matip. As said, he's an odds against shot but I reckon he might just prove the better fit on the right side with VVD. We'll see.

I think we might be writing Hendo off  a bit too early for the captaincy. I'd always fancied Lallana as the deputy given his desire and the example he sets but he probably won't get enough game time. VVD or poss Keita would probably be the best alternative. Couldn't have anyone in the front three personally.
Report inca January 16, 2018 9:50 AM GMT
Just your usual sarcastic bits POP but reading between the lines you are at least acknowledging that I was right and you were wrong!!!!!!
As for the captain bit agree with you about Lallana but again not fully in the starting line up yet..

So as I said I would probably have Bobby just now but not ideal
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 1:51 PM GMT
Brewster out for the season.
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 1:52 PM GMT
Can making some noises that he may stay as well?!
Report buddeliea January 16, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
Good.
Played really well against City I thought,well suited to playing in the big games.
Thought that midfield worked really well together.
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 2:10 PM GMT
It did budd, but still dont think he will be in my first XI when we get Keita.

But we need a squad and he's certainly contributing, and it would be pretty galling to lose him on a free.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 2:20 PM GMT
The last thing u need is a midfield three that picks its self
Needs to be competition and at a high level

So u can change without really weakening and its only form that gets u the start not the gulf in class imo
Report Can't Catch Me January 16, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
It seems we have not on only the worst keeper in the league, but two of the worst at the minute Laugh

Artur Petrosyan on twitter:

Loris Karius is the only Premier League goalkeeper with more conceded goals than saved shots. He has the worst shot saves ratio – 43%.

Simon Mignolet has only saved 59% of shots that makes him 24th out of 27 goalkeepers. #LFC

De Gea tops the list – 83%. #MUFC

via @InStatFootball
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 16, 2018 3:39 PM GMT
Lol read that other day. Does any know our win loss ratio with karius in goal .
.?
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 16, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
I'm yet to see a stat on shot location or quality of chance re goals conceded.

For instance, I'd say Sané's goal was a relatively unlikely effort that should really have been saved, but Silva's and Gundogan's were in prime location and massive odds on to register.

This then almost absolves the keeper of blame if every goal conceded is from the centre of the six yard box and points the finger at the defence moreso.

That said, they are both a bit sh!t*.

* Compared to De Gea, Courtois etc.
Report buddeliea January 16, 2018 4:33 PM GMT
Yes Catch
Keita will be 1st choice,but definitely room for Can as part of the sort of squad we need,and to be fair thats not far off now.
Hes still relatively young and liable to have the occasional iffy game,but he does understand what the manager wants.
I really hope he stays.
Report charwell. January 16, 2018 7:19 PM GMT
Still buzzing about the win. Would have taken a draw as City are far and away the best side in the league.

Concur with a lot of what's said but for me MOTM was Firmino; the guy epitomises everything that you want in terms of attitude and ability.

I have been banging Can's drum all season and he was simply superb yet again. He knits the team together and him alongside Keita next season would be massive!

Gomez will be a terrific player for us but annoyingly seems to make a howler every game leading to a goal currently, and I think TAA just has the edge on him for the RB slot for that reason currently.

Lovren will never be VVD permanent partner. Liability most of the time with the odd dprinkling of a great game. Much prefer Matip. However, he can be improved upon also so would be happy selling Lovren and having Matip as a back up to a new CB.

We surely all know both keepers are completely useless. Karius has had chances last season and this. All we see is him picking the ball out of the net. HE is slow in mind and body and is very indecisive. HE may have been good in Germany but he has shown us absolutely nothing. A top class GK is our absolute priority and the one position we should pay whatever is required.

18 games unbeaten now. Where are the JK haters hiding?!! His approach of quality over quantity, patience and man management are absolutely second to none. Would walk over broken glass for one of his hugs Grin
Report loui January 17, 2018 11:43 AM GMT
A few are probably bankrupt after 18 unbeaten, there's other who agree with laying your own team. Surely a proper fan wouldn't lay us off, how could you enjoy the game when your wallets in the other camp. Mig says he might have to leave for games because it's World Cup year, don't worry Simon , unless Courtois gets crooked you'll be sitting down watching it with the rest of us mate.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER January 17, 2018 12:14 PM GMT
So karius has 14apearances. Kept five clean sheets in that time we've won 9 drawn four lost one

I'm guessing in the cl he's prob played around 8 kept no clean sheets won five drew three lost non

Sometimes stats can be misleading
Report Can't Catch Me January 17, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
Yeah 15 straight losses for the Liverpool layers amongst us loui... I imagine he will say he has changed his mind and hasn't been doing it recently Devil
Report buddeliea January 17, 2018 12:16 PM GMT
Its a long unbeaten run with two rubbish keepers!!
Perhaps they are not as bad as some say.
That's my opinion anyway.
Report Can't Catch Me January 17, 2018 12:18 PM GMT
I don't think they are 'rubbish'... but if we want to kick on and challenge for the league I dont think they are good enough.

But Karius deserves a run until the end of the season to see if he can improve. He's young and clearly could still prove to be decent.
Report buddeliea January 17, 2018 12:22 PM GMT
Proper central defensive pairing will help.
VVD could well make a huge difference to our keeper situation.
Report pushkin99 January 17, 2018 9:18 PM GMT
VVD and when he arrives, Naby Keita will make a huge difference to Liverpool's defensive solidity. They will also offer differing attacking threats so maybe the offensive options will not be greatly diminished.

No wonder that the out Klopp, anti-Liverpool, laying trolls who are fan boys of other clubs are now so conspicuous by their absence from this thread!!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now