Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
21 Aug 08 14:26
Date Joined: 17 Nov 06
| Topic/replies: 1,298 | Blogger: DoggyLFC's blog
Is there one knocking about? If not, it's high time we had one IMO.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool discussion thread
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 10, 2018 2:31 PM GMT
Really disappointing (luckily it's Cheltenham week so can forget about it). I think today once again showed our problem that we had the second half of last season, when teams defend deep and narrow (full banks inside their box lines) and leave the space out wide we really struggle to create chances, I struggle to think of a chance we created from open play. Yes we should have had a penalty for the Valencia handball and could have had one for Young holding on to Salah (the linesman needed to help the referee on that one) but we created little. I thought Mane was absolutely awful again today.

Defensively our problems still persist, today Trent Alexander-Arnold looked out of his depth, no other way to describe it. He was terrible for both goals, positioning for the first goal and then letting Rashford back inside onto his right and he turned his back on Rashford's shot on the second. Lovren is utter wank, no other words to describe him, he was rubbish on both goals, don't just let Lukaku flick it on, if you cannot get to it even nudge him in the back, who cares if you give a free kick away 45 yards from goal. However I have to question when was Van Djik not picking up Lukaku on kick outs, surely a better match up for us? I thought Karius done well today.

Not much about today's game really surprised me, since Rafa's days we have had pretty much no joy against a Mourinho managed side and it still continues, his set up does not surprise anybody but we just cannot get to grips with turning him over.

Never nice to lose to that lot but then in the grand scheme of things very little has changed, we're still in a great position to finish top 4 and secure Champions League qualification.
Report Latalomne March 10, 2018 2:33 PM GMT
Mane broke up play really well but then gave the ball away appallingly at absolutely every opportunity.  We're not just talking about passes not quite coming off, some of them were miles away from their intended targets (if he wasn't running into trouble).  Similar comments for Ox. 

Young did a job on Salah, and two ugly goals conceded.

Bad day at the office.
Report stridingedge March 10, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
One bright spark for me was seeing Mane take his man on today, that play for the goal was more like last season than a lot of this. His passing was pretty poor at times though.

Have to take some positives somewhere Laugh
Report tobermory March 10, 2018 3:27 PM GMT
Why Klopp not let Karius go up for the corner at the end ?

Though as Gary Nev said , he should just have gone without asking
Report zafonic1515 March 10, 2018 5:33 PM GMT
We're soft as *****

Shocking for both goals, schoolboy stuff again. We just cannot seem to learn lessons and end this kind of thing, we flatter for a few games then throw one in again, generally when a big game.

Decent performance bar that but no more. Missed Hen do badly. Ox very poor.

Sad when Salah getting bullied by a winger imo. A poor one at that.

Move on and avoid Man u thread.
Report ufcdan March 10, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
Move on and avoid Man U thread.

Man up mickeys get on there, I did when we lost Mischief
Report ufcdan March 10, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
Could be interesting at our gaff Cool
Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
Excellent post Premier Fantasy - nothing to add.
Roll on Cheltenham.Grin
Report rothko March 10, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
its funny which big reds fans turn up on the thread after a defeat Cry
wheres your mo salah is going to be sh5te thread Laugh
Report unclepuncle March 10, 2018 10:46 PM GMT
He was totally **** today.Laugh
Report rothko March 10, 2018 10:54 PM GMT
didn't have a good game it happens
remember your prediction LaughLaugh

Date Joined: 16 Feb 03
Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
When: 09 Sep 17 22:43
Absolutely shocking performance imo. 

The summer signings, other than Robinson, look dire and I include Salah in that - he's pacey but totally one footed and therefore very easy to defend against. He needs three or four chances for every goal. He reminds me of Arjen Robben though not as good obviously - or a left footed version of Raheem Sterling
Report rothko March 10, 2018 10:57 PM GMT
you seem really happy he had a bad game - you being such a big fan and all
perhaps you should have posted

unclepuncle • March 10, 2018 10:46 PM GMT

He was totally **** today Cry
rather than Laugh
Report inca March 10, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
Bit ironic that Pawson gives a soft as fk pen against us,yet today he denies us a fairly clear penalty what a w@nker.having said that we weren’t quite at it today and as others have pointed out Lovren is just not good enough
Report inca March 10, 2018 11:18 PM GMT
Least POP will be happy he backed Utd!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought it POP and Uncle!!!
Report stridingedge March 10, 2018 11:23 PM GMT
Report stridingedge March 10, 2018 11:43 PM GMT
Part of me would love us to go away from home in games against rivals and say you can have the ball more and we'll keep it tight and try and hit you on the counter. The trouble is the level of our defending coupled with JK's mentality has not made this a possibility.Many teams will have this in their locker but we have 1 real game plan and when it doesn't work it's a struggle.
Report stridingedge March 10, 2018 11:46 PM GMT
How long have we been banging on about Lovren Inca? The trouble is a few clean sheets when we've had fook all to do and players like him and Moreno have been considered to be better despite a stack of past evidence to the contrary.

Today wasn't all about him but it's another episode in his box set to suggest he just shouldn't be wearing our shirt.
Report inca March 10, 2018 11:54 PM GMT
Yes Striding I agree,didn’t really get our changes today and let’s face it we don’t throw up many tactical surprises we seem to have 1 plan and if it fails that’s it very narrow today,we just don’t seem to change it,mix it up a bit when required. 
Yes Utd aren’t great to watch but I don’t think they are as bad as the media or some of our own fans would have you believe...don’t think we would have came from 2-0 against Palace.

Run in for all teams chasing the 3 CL places is difficult with almost everyone playing for something..
Report rothko March 10, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
Yes Utd aren’t great to watch but I don’t think they are as bad as the media or some of our own fans would have you believe...don’t think we would have came from 2-0 against Palace.

no cant see us scoring goals away from home given our poor scoring record Laugh
Report stridingedge March 11, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
let's hope the theory doesn't get tested when we play them at their place soon Cry
Report inca March 11, 2018 12:02 AM GMT
Hopefully he will be away in summer along with Ming and Moreno bring in another CH use Matip for cover,Lovren shouldn’t have been allowed in a strip after Spurs away.

Actually he was sh1t at home against Spurs as well any decent opponent he struggles/panics but like you said not all down to him,we were just not that good today

But worse things happen put it into perspective I couldn’t care if we get 2nd,3rd or 4 th
Report inca March 11, 2018 12:05 AM GMT
Just meant that Palace is a difficult place Rothko that’s all..not disputing how many goals we score..
Report stridingedge March 11, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
No I didn't get the 2nd spot issue either though of course would always be nice to finish as high as possible, the main thing is CL qualification. I know some don't get the importance of this but for us keeping our best players this is an absolute must these days. It just isn't realistic to keep hold of our best talent with no CL football at the least.

Keita is on his way, there is plenty of money available by all accounts for others but top 4 is a must.
Report stridingedge March 11, 2018 12:08 AM GMT
Of course a CL spot won't even guarantee keeping the cream if trophies are not forthcoming, we need to get something in the cabinet soon.
Report inca March 11, 2018 12:13 AM GMT
Yes definitely need to get trips to Wembley a bit more and win when we get there,only one trophy left for us this season but that’s a tough ask don’t really buy anything his nothing to fear bit personally think th re is going plenty to fear
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 2:05 PM GMT
Twice I've backed Utd in the last seven days and they've won both despite being garbage.

Didn't really catch the game as I was snatching glimpses of someone's phone over their shoulder. Think they did their usual good smothering job while we were undone by a long ball and a shot richocheting to Rashford in space. I've heard lots about dubious decisions but I don't think we played that well in all honesty, though they were far from decent.

Only thing for me is why we let Lukaku pin down Lovren. To be fair, Lovren had only just let him out of his pocket after the Anfield game but it would have made sense to either have Van Dijk clear him out a couple of times or just have Can step back and be standing on his toes every time they looked to launch it.

Not nearly as gutted about it as I thought I'd be and that seems to be echoed by our fans at the end and most of the reactions since. We're still very much heading upwards and they have to put up with that kind of display more often than not so I wouldn't swap places at all.

If nothing else it serves as a reminder that we shouldn't think we're the finished article. We still need another centre back (I maintain that Lovren > Matip but we need at least one more who is a clear improvement on both) and another goalkeeper even if Karius does well in the next couple of months.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 2:09 PM GMT
Garbage lol ,
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
Thought you'd be lurking...
Report anxious March 11, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
O4k im glad you have won some money backing us , but seriously how can you say we are garbage  , we stopped your attack yesterday after all week being told by the media ,  pundits etc that you would wipe thefloor with us
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
I said you were garbage. I think you did a good job defensively to be fair and left no room for us to play. We were pretty poor though. Too many loose balls and didn't win enough 50/50s. You didn't exactly excite though. You were woeful against Palace I thought, and better defensively yesterday but the days of Utd out-footballing their rivals off the park look well and truly over.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
This is Mourinho way , we have not played brilliant against chelsea , palace and liverpool  but we have won all 3 games , its effective and we have taken 4 points of youse this season
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 2:32 PM GMT
yep and yep.

Not disagreeing. Still stand by what I said.
Report rommel March 11, 2018 2:36 PM GMT
ANX GET HOLD OF OF your big dictionary,look for the words-exciting,brilliant,exhilerating,heart-stopping,entertaining.....and strike a fookin big red line through them,cos as long as the a n a l one is at your club you wont be using them much
Report anxious March 11, 2018 2:37 PM GMT
I think there is a lot nonsense spoken about styles of football , how many times does a team really play fantastic every season , i can remember under fergus when we were cautious in games and won plenty 1-0 , to win you have to do all the things required including defending
Report anxious March 11, 2018 2:38 PM GMT
Sure you can be exciting and defensively naive , will that get you very far i dont think so
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 2:59 PM GMT
y'see that's where bias can come into things.

Over the last 20 league games Liverpool's and Utd's defensive records has been exactly the same. 8 clean sheets and 18 goals conceded. No difference.

However, we've scored 55 goals in that time compared to Utd's 36.

That would suggest playing Klopp's way can actually get you fairly far.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 3:07 PM GMT
but i have seen Liverpool lose 4-1 at Tottenham , draw 3-3 at Watford , 2-2 at home to Spurs 4-3 against city to name few , yes since VVD has arrived you have a better defensive record but to me you still look soft at the back you do not have a top keeper so i think if you want to really challenge you would need to address these issues
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 11, 2018 3:15 PM GMT
But isn't that the point. Bias? Eyes seeing some things but ignoring others? The bald stats state we've been just as good defensively during the last 20 games. In the last 7 days you've conceded through a Djimi Traore oggy and falling asleep at a set piece on the half way line.

I said in my first post we need to upgrade 2 players in our back 4. But I'm confident our manager knows where the issues are and, more importantly, knows who to get in to fix them. His record in the transfer market is ridiculously good so far. Potentially, we could get those in, still play great football, and be just as good defensively as a Jose or Pulis style team.
Report charwell. March 11, 2018 5:41 PM GMT
We were flat. United were there usual spoiling selves. I would be embarrassed to have the worlds most expensive squad/wages and be served up that shyte week after week. The ref must be on the payroll as how can we get nothing out of 3 good penalty shouts and 2 possible red cards?!!

But suck it up and move on. Top 4 and CL still in our own hands.............
Report rommel March 11, 2018 6:02 PM GMT
THEY BOOED DR DEATH AT LEAST TWICE YESTERDAY,once when he hooked rashford-we might be witnessing the beginning of the end
Report TENDY March 11, 2018 6:30 PM GMT

Mar 10, 2018 -- 5:16PM, inca wrote:

Bit ironic that Pawson gives a soft as fk pen against us,yet today he denies us a fairly clear penalty what a w@nker.having said that we weren’t quite at it today and as others have pointed out Lovren is just not good enough

Inca...Lovren was not the main reason we lost yday.
many contributing reasons on top of us not playing well anyway!!!
Lovren has done well done since spurs game and I’d rather him than Matip alongside VVD.

As for Salah, yes he was marked tightly and often fouled and nothing given,
Ironically he’s not a diver and was being marked by one. If he’s chewed grass a few times he’d have got the free kicks.

Would have been some karma if he’d taken the first real chance he had.

Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
lol the delusions continue
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
Salah , mane and firmino did nothing
Report TENDY March 11, 2018 6:37 PM GMT
**** off anxious. If you can’t see the game fairly then go to an opticians different to specs savers.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
Fairly ? , keep thinking thats all that done for youse , exscuses and inabilty to face reality
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
Dan your still a massive tory bell
Report rommel March 11, 2018 6:45 PM GMT
32% possession at choker park for the route one-rs,was it 35 at anfield
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:49 PM GMT
4 points off your mob though rommel , stop hiding behind stats its so silly
Report TENDY March 11, 2018 6:54 PM GMT
No excuses if you read properly. I wasn’t expecting 3 Pts and any assistance from the officials.
Exactly how it planned out. We were well below par and shut out by the tactics.

Still could have sneaked something and that’s when we needed more luck with officials on top of the own goal.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
Assistance from the officials , what are you moaning about the 2 penalty shouts ?
Report inca March 11, 2018 7:12 PM GMT
TENDY if you had bothered to read my posts I said it wasn’t just to Lovren......

However as I also said he isn’t good enough he struggles against decent opposition yes he may do ok in games when he is not under pressure anyone would,I put Lovren in the Ming and Moreno camp all 3 need to go,agree with you about Matip I would only keep him for cover and sign another Quality CB to continue the progress we are making.

Anx don’t moan about who goes on your thread your never off this one,would it not be an idea for you RP and ROM to start your own debate thread.
Report ufcdan March 11, 2018 7:17 PM GMT
My post removed ShockedCrazy
Report ufcdan March 11, 2018 7:18 PM GMT
Still as I'm a massive Tory bell I know you read it anxious LaughWink
Report stridingedge March 11, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
Lovren showed more of his qualities  in the Everton game, them sorts of fook ups are why we struggle to win 1-0, we seem to have fans who think if we always score all our chances we can forgive the poor defending.

I said get rid of MIg and keep Lovren/Moreno in the back 4 and there will be virtually no difference. Moreno gone now primarily due to being injured and Robertson been a good upgrade.No doubts VVD is a very classy player but he needs a reliable accomplice, I've seen nothing over years of evidence to suggest Lovren is reliable.

Seeing as Klopp has changed his mind back on forth on Lovren a few times will be interesting how much he backs him beyond this season.

I totally agree with Inca's sentiments regarding Lovren and the back 4.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 7:36 PM GMT
Inca im not on here as much as rp and rommel are on the United thread , listen guys if you had won you would be gloating a little bit im sure Crazy
Report stridingedge March 11, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
It's a free country anxious fill yer boots. RP is away for a few days I think he said so you'll have to wait to give him some grief.
Report anxious March 11, 2018 7:48 PM GMT
lol probably be back if we feck it up against Sevilla Cry
Report inca March 11, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
Fair enough Anx
Report Can't Catch Me March 12, 2018 6:50 AM GMT
Morning lads. Disappointing Saturday Sad

I thought the margins were very fine myself though. I also think way too much is being made about our defence. Sometimes you have to have to take your hat off to the attacker. Their first goal was just a brilliant piece of skill from Rashford. Yes it's a long ball up but Lukaku is going to beat most defenders in the league in that situation, and whilst you could say TAA should do better, Rashford shows great pace, a perfect touch back to get it on his right foot and then smashes it in the corner. Just a really good goal from him. I've been saying all season I don't know why he doesn't play more. I think he's quality.

I think we were a bit unlucky for the second. VVD does really well coming over and intercepting, then it just happens to rebound right at Rashford's feet again and his shot deflects in.

Game over. We were never coming back to win from that point, as Jose is the best in the business at that point.

But I think the margins were very fine. I think the Valencia handball is a pen, but seeing how they gifted us our only goal, I don't think we can have any complaints about losing.

All season we have to batter teams to get points, and that's still our biggest problem. In close games with little between the sides, we never seem to get the win. That remains Klopp's biggest challenge for me. We need to be more streetwise.

But I think that's possibly as well as they've played all season TBH. At least from what I've seen. Their defending was absolutely superb. Young did a job on Salah like nobody else has all season. It was a proper Mourinho performance.

But I would still take the direction we are moving in long term. A partner for VVD remains the priority and I think we missed Hendo quite a lot.

Thank god it's Cheltenham and I don't have to dwell on the result all week!
Report Can't Catch Me March 12, 2018 6:54 AM GMT
Notable mention to Bobby who I thought was absolutely superb. Out stand out player by a mile.
Report Dav_vin03 March 12, 2018 11:17 AM GMT
spitting out of a window instead of focusing on driving a large vehicle at high motorway speeds

not wearing a seat belt

undertaking a car from the inside lane on a motorway
Report loui March 13, 2018 10:30 AM GMT
“We all dream of a team of carolgees”, Been saying for ages that Lovren doesn’t seem to get far off the ground when he jumps for headers, must have flat feet or something.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 13, 2018 10:33 AM GMT
Anyone know about the Rhian Brewster situation? Still not signed a deal apparently.
Report loui March 13, 2018 9:38 PM GMT
Looks like we tired Man Utd out on Saturday just gone out with a whimper.
Report stridingedge March 13, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
Their long ball bullying stuff didn't work tonight, first 5 mins looked like Utd might be up[ for a real go at them but they went right back into their shells.

Loads of their fans won't be happy going out playing like that at OT.
Report loui March 13, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
To call it lame isn’t doing it justice, they look like a disjointed outfit these days
Report pushkin99 March 13, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
A certain sense of Karma tonite. Well done Seville, they looked a good team in the two games against us.
Report inca March 14, 2018 7:30 AM GMT
Yes very pleasant viewing last night,even the post match was very enjoyable to watch some of the stuff Jose was coming out with would have made Ken Dodd. proud
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 14, 2018 8:37 AM GMT
"They're used to losing CL games here"

Holy sh!t. You'd have had to scrape Moyes's innards off the wall if he'd come out with that. Interesting to see if his fanboys turn a blind eye to it.
Report Can't Catch Me March 14, 2018 8:41 AM GMT
Bigging himself up for beating them twice in the past! Classic Jose. All about him.

Why did he mention us? Yes Jose you are right, we are in the Champions League and you are in the FA Cup.
Report rommel March 14, 2018 8:42 AM GMT

Mar 14, 2018 -- 3:37AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

"They're used to losing CL games here"Holy sh!t. You'd have had to scrape Moyes's innards off the wall if he'd come out with that. Interesting to see if his fanboys turn a blind eye to it.

hes a genius tho pop,sarcy little sour f more like,cant imagine that sounded heartening to many utd fans jeezus

Report PorcupineorPineapple March 14, 2018 8:53 AM GMT
To be fair his ears were probably still ringing from the fans chanting attack, attack, (please for the love of god at least try) attack.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 16, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
Well I don't think that could have been any worse.
Report rommel March 16, 2018 11:28 AM GMT
we can de 'em
Report rommel March 16, 2018 11:28 AM GMT
Report Latalomne March 16, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
Gotta beat some good sides if you want to win it....
Report loui March 16, 2018 11:58 AM GMT
That fkn Putin,s at it again
Report pushkin99 March 17, 2018 12:53 PM GMT
Would much rather have played a European team, preference being Barca, always entertaining when Suarez is at Anfield!

Citeh is a winnable tie though they are clearly favourites. The only team I didn't really want was Juve as their style of play would not suit us.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER March 17, 2018 1:14 PM GMT
I would rather of had any team than city cos I like European opposition

If we were to of played city would have preferred second leg at home

Its not a tie I have any fear of would be disappointed if we couldn't reach the next round
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 17, 2018 1:31 PM GMT
I think City are top of the ones to avoid, as they're obviously very good and we know each other well. Of the European sides I wanted to avoid Sevilla and Roma. I wanted us to be underdogs and go in slightly under-rated against a team who would want to have a go. That would probably be our best chance.

That said, we've beaten them once and are much more solid at the back now so it's hardly game over. I'd imagine they're as disappointed in the draw as we are.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 17, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
LoveRobertson's crossLove
Report Capt__F March 17, 2018 8:48 PM GMT
decent win

not worried about City
bet they are of Liverpool

Report PorcupineorPineapple March 17, 2018 9:13 PM GMT
The weird thing is how we've gotten so used to this. It's called a "decent win" and we shrug it off.

We've just won 5-0, seen one of the finest individual displays from a red man in years in a game that mere weeks ago screamed banana skin and we have one post in the following 2 hours.

Can't wait for the next meltdown when we draw.
Report stridingedge March 17, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
A good game to get back on track with their poor form away from home.For chunks of the contest we were barely out of 2nd gear but I never remotely felt they would trouble us from 2-0 at HT, a great time to get the 2nd goal just before the break. Robertson showing again why he is the definite no.1 choice at left back, his quality at both ends is just another class from Moreno, what a great first time ball to give Mo his 2nd on a silver Platter .

Salah, well just running out of things to say about this amazing little fella.He’s got so much more in his game than just blistering pace, as far as I’m concerned he’s getting up towards a Suarez type for the damage he can inflict, I actually think he’s getting better all the time.A great touch,strength, balance, intelligence and a real desire to accompany his pace.

Actually thought Bobby wasn’t proper on it with his offensive play for much of the game but still able to produce another piece of nonchalance for his goal. Mane for me has shown much more recently and is getting back to his best, he seems more than happy to play his part for the team and just looks a yard sharper again which can only be good for us.

Don’t recall too many games with Hendo so sloppy and losing possession but if you are to have a game like this then a good game to do it in.Defensively worked hard for the clean sheet with not a massive amount to do, their closest effort was a bit of quality from a free kick.News on Can initially looks promising and hopefully nothing to serious feeling a bit of a back strain.

Job done and a couple of weeks before our next game, let’s hope the international break is kind and they all come back to us sound and ready to go again.
Report Latalomne March 17, 2018 9:20 PM GMT

Mar 17, 2018 -- 4:13PM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

The weird thing is how we've gotten so used to this. It's called a "decent win" and we shrug it off.We've just won 5-0, seen one of the finest individual displays from a red man in years in a game that mere weeks ago screamed banana skin and we have one post in the following 2 hours.Can't wait for the next meltdown when we draw.

LaughLaughLaugh  It's funny because it's true!

Report PorcupineorPineapple March 17, 2018 9:51 PM GMT
By the way, it really wasn't that long ago we were all scratching our heads wondering what we were buying this Chelsea reject for. We had Mané and Lallana to play out wide. We need a proper #9 ffs not another winger.

yeah, sorry about that.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER March 18, 2018 7:26 AM GMT
Only saw the first half and while the score line was good enough thought we were very sloppy with Henderson the main culprit can't comment on the second half performance but a great score line

And a personal landmark for salah and one that's going to make me cash out my golden boot wager thought Robertson again looked good and another clean sheet for the defence

Another high scoring win and the more we repeat this the closer we become to bieng machine like we are already proving capable of going on long successful runs we just need to build the winning mentality till it's almost like playing on automatic pilot still away to go but progressing nicely imo
Report Can't Catch Me March 18, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
Excellent win in really tough conditions. Hard to believe it was like that with April les than a fortnight away. As cold and slippery as any game this season.

Plenty seemed to struggle, Hendo definitely the most. He was pretty poor all told. But it's amazing how much it doesn't seem to affect Salah. Appreciate hes on the crest of a wave now and his confidence is sky high, but he just stands out so much, even in a good side. He's definitely eclipsed Suarez in 2013/2014 and I would have found it very hard to believe anyone could do that this quickly.

Thought Matip looked solid and composed and he and VVD is starting to show some potential as a pair. Robbo class again.

Just as you lads say, routine 5-0 wins are totally taken for granted under Klopp! They are a big physical side. Totally brushed aside. Shame for Ings as really thought that was going to be his much needed goal. Good save by the keeper. Just got to keep the front three fit and no reason we won't have a strong finish.
Report Can't Catch Me March 18, 2018 10:53 AM GMT
Was personally gutted with the draw. Fancied a nice trip abroad.

Obviously we know we can beat them, but we know they can comfortably beat us too. On the positive side, will be two cracking games for sure.
Report stridingedge March 18, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Wd RP with Salah punt Cool
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 18, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
Missed the game, my bloody sky box kept losing signal down to the bad weather Angry seen the goals this morning and seemed to be a routine victory for us.

As for the Champions League draw City where the one team I didn't want us drawing, ah well should be a great two legs anyway between us, we will have to be at our very best.
Report pushkin99 March 18, 2018 8:29 PM GMT
5 star performance yesterday, so pleased for Mo Salah, there was a big bank behind us in the KD stand singing songs about him all game long.

Only regret was I didn't think I needed a jumper so was bitterly cold walking to and back from Anfield, not much warmer inside........
Report Can't Catch Me March 19, 2018 8:02 AM GMT
Anyone watch the Leipzig v Bayern game?

Keita was absolutely outstanding. Best player on the pitch for me. A goal and an assist and totally dominated midfield. He is going to add an awful lot to our midfield and really think it was clever business securing him last summer.
Report jon b March 19, 2018 8:12 AM GMT
Gl guys, as a neutral Id love to see your team beat City and go further and hopefully make the final, Liverpool playing some great stuff and for me Klopp is infectious, real desire to do as well as possible, love watching and listening to him. All the money the big teams around are throwing about and you guys imo are the most improved team in the country having virtually spent nothing over 2 seasons. That has to be down to a great manager knowing his players and motivating them to do their very best for the club.  gl, looking forward to it, have faith and hopefully if needed a little luck
Report Can't Catch Me March 19, 2018 8:14 AM GMT
Nice one Jon, cheers mate.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 19, 2018 8:40 AM GMT
Just watched the second goal again and I love it even more. You can see it's a real training ground goal. Robertson is deliberately quite deep and involved in play knowing his marker is close until the right moment when he pops it off to Mané and just goes for it. Mané's pass is perfectly weighted and Robbo's cross is just undefendable and it's pretty much on a plate for Salah.

Poetry in motion.
Report zafonic1515 March 22, 2018 9:34 AM GMT
Going to the Charity match on Saturday with my 3 boys, looking forward to it immensely, impossible in this day and age to take them regularly to EPL or CL matches.
They're buzzing to see the likes of Gerrard, Alonso.
Sell out which is great testament again. Great value.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER March 22, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
Nice to see young harry Wilson doing ok at hull scoring and assisting and also scoring for wales today
Report pushkin99 March 24, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
Daniel Sturridge and Emre Can, in their own ways epitomising all that the modern player is about.
Report G1_Jockey_4 March 24, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
afternoon friends and foes.
went looking for a racing stream and i stumbled across this site lol

things looking rosy.

just need to sort out the pesky midfield ...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Instance ID: 13539

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now