Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
26 Jun 07 10:19
| Topic/replies: 6,678 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
Everton have got this single thread lark pretty much sewn up so come on Yeedo's, let's keep one of our own! One was started recently but feck knows what happened to it however, if the interest is there I'll try and keep this up where possible.

Q - Can we really challenge the top 4?

The Players...

Robinson - Overrated?
Chimbonda - What's the latest?
Zokora - Will this be his season?
Jenus - Is the best yet to come?
Berbatov - Staying or going?
Keane - ...or Defoe?
Malbranque - Happy to keep him?
Defoe - What now?
Taarabt - Opinions?
Dawson - Improving?
Huddlestone - A future star?
Lennon - On the left?
King - Can he remain injury free?
Bale - Ready for the big time?

Just a few questions to get this going but let's not forget our leader, Martin Jol.. Is he the man to continue?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** THE SPURS FILES ***
Show More
Report ribero1 December 20, 2017 2:51 PM GMT
The Lane BT sport 3 9.45 tonight.BT sport 1 10.30pm Thursday and 6.15pm sunday.
Report eyeball December 23, 2017 5:21 PM GMT
sissoko starting , ffs he's awful
Report laynplay December 23, 2017 6:20 PM GMT
glad we dont have cheats in our team at Burnley....may cost us this match today due to Ali's dive but he will get his comuppence somewhere along the line....utc.
Report laynplay December 23, 2017 7:21 PM GMT
well done on a thoroughly deserved win but cheating does spurs no favours in the long term....I saw them many years ago as a great footballing team...they are rapidly becoming  just like the other diving scum bags.....the players are good enough to let their football talk....
Report 23nights December 23, 2017 7:25 PM GMT
coyyysss
Report hippie December 23, 2017 7:35 PM GMT
for laynplay:

Speaking on BT Sport, former Premier League referee Graham Poll claimed Alli had been fouled and the decision was fair.

He said: "I agree absolutely, Michael Oliver has called that correctly.

"It's not just a knee on knee, the arm has come in as well, he's definitely been impeded, it's a good decision."

Steven Gerrard agreed, adding: "Kevin Long is late and slow and he gives the referee a decision to make. There is contact with the knee."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fans-call-dele-alli-banned-11745413

Report hippie December 23, 2017 7:51 PM GMT
"Harry Kane equalled Alan Shearer's record for most goals scored in a calendar year after netting a hat-trick against Burnley.

The striker has now scored 36 times in the English top flight in 2017 - the same number Newcastle United legend Shearer managed in 1995."

Score against Southampton on Boxing Day and the record is his outright.
Report laynplay December 23, 2017 8:39 PM GMT
I heard the comments hippie...he/they were wrong and both gerrard and janus condoned cheating saying if you are touched ( not fouled ) you should go down....its no longer a mans game...its turning into who can cheat best.......Harry Kane is a great player with a brilliant mentality....no problem there....I like spurs of old but this cheating leaves a very very bad taste....you are better than that.
Report hippie December 23, 2017 9:14 PM GMT
Kevin Long made a clumsy challenge in the box knowing the severity of the punishment for the offence, a penalty. The fault is all Kevin Long's but because the foul was committed on Dele he must have cheated. That's hardly fair. If anything, Long should have been well aware he was the one person not to foul in the box because he will take maximum advantage of the situation whereas a similar incident recently involving Harry Winks didn't result in a penalty because of his determination to stay on his feet.

I agree the game is becoming more cynical but with referees becoming more limited to binary decisions it's not that surprising. No fall over, no penalty.
Report laynplay December 23, 2017 10:11 PM GMT
actually hippie the ref should have had the balls to give alli his 2nd yellow for simulation....different game then and you probably wouldnt have won despite being easily the best team against our team....we dont have a big squad and our injuries showed today big time....Long was silly for giving him the opportunity to cheat....our players need to wise up....he was also caught in poseesion as last man....lack of premier league experience and match practice showed today......if its any consolation you were much better than arsenal....us burnley fans freely concede we were 2nd best today....but we seriously dislike alli on so many levels.
Report hippie December 23, 2017 10:22 PM GMT
Top referees Graham Poll and Michael Oliver would award the penalty because Kevin Long, who you admit is out of his depth in the Premier League, fouled Dele in the box.

Burnley fans would have given Dele a 2nd yellow card because you all dislike him on so many levels.

can't argue with those smarts.
Report FIGJAM December 23, 2017 10:28 PM GMT
Crying over spilt milk and punching way above your weight laynplay.
Truth be told Pochettino made a huge mistake in the home fixture after Burnley parked the bus for 60 minutes 
who then made two tactical changes that our manager failed to react to.
That said I guess one has to make do with what you've got.
Manager getting lots of stick for picking "Airshot" Sissoko, what a waste of space and money.
At least he couldn't pass sideways and backwards with Winks today.

Om a separate note no overground trains on Boxing Day in London for one of the top sporting days of the season.Sad
Report laynplay December 23, 2017 10:30 PM GMT
I dont think the alli foul was a yellow or red but once given he was on thin ice....Long didnt foul Alli in the box....he prodded his leg out and withdrew it then alli simulated a foul so should have walked.....will have to see if motd get it right....they dont usually.
Report mafeking December 24, 2017 12:48 AM GMT
an absolute massacre from start to finish. the most worrying moment was alli's lunge right at the start. burnley did their best to pressure oliver into sending him off. luckily he's one of the better referees around but whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision alli's gotta be more sensible. following on from last week's horror tackle just can't be giving referees a chance to send him off so often

luckily kane absolutely magnificent again. just the 7th hat trick of 2017 and 10 in total for spurs. if only some of his team mates have showed such composure in front of goal might have 6 or 8 nil

somewhat baffling how burnley have conceded so few goals. 2nd time this year we've gone up there and absolutely destroyed them

on the evidence of that comedy show yday surely not asking a lot to make up 1 point on liverpool over the 2nd half of the season given a fair run of injuries
Report sageform December 25, 2017 10:52 AM GMT
Only Man C and Spurs of the top 7 won at the weekend so the fight for places 2-6 is back on and Spurs next few games give hope that they can stay in the fight for Champions League place.
Report mafeking December 25, 2017 1:08 PM GMT
next 5 games very winnable before the tough run in february. need to make the most of them.  tbh it's a right result to be only 1 point behind liverpool given how we frittered away points particularly picking up only 2 points in a week from west brom, leicester and watford. could have been a lot worse

a very merry christmas to all spurs fans. COYS
Report 23nights December 26, 2017 2:20 PM GMT
COYYYSSS...
Report Knight Rider December 27, 2017 5:28 AM GMT
I don't check in so often here nowadays as I felt like it became rather boring and repetitive listening to Propunter say we are going nowhere and we should sell Kane & Alli because they aren't good enough.  Anyway just wanted to wish everyone a happy Christmas etc and COYS.
Report Lance in France December 27, 2017 10:22 AM GMT
And to you KR and all you others on here. And to Top Div if he pops in to read. Hope you are well.
Report TheAnorak December 27, 2017 12:07 PM GMT
There's a stonemason somewhere preparing a headstone for Roy Hodgson, with the inscription:

"The man that asked Harry Kane to take all the corners"
Report mafeking December 27, 2017 3:31 PM GMT
strange game yesterday. don't think we played that well but were suddenly 4-0 up. game then descended into a basketball style farce. looked like plenty of the defenders on both sides overindulged the previous day. 5 goals in the 2nd half and could easily have been double that. the x-goal stats looked ridiculous. around 0.7 goals for saints ? alright they might not have had much clear cut but they had plenty of dangerous shots and openings

signs that we've started to look much more threatening again after a barren november in front of goal. son still on fire, alli had his game for ages and harry just doing his thing. just another day at the office to round off a stunning year for him. moved into the top 10 all time spurs scorers now

hopefully a couple of turkey shoots next week to start the new year as we finished this one
Report TheAnorak December 27, 2017 4:07 PM GMT
Maf,

Agree about Alli - didn't watch every minute of the game as racing intruded, but got the impression he was making a considerable effort to stay on his feet. Thought there were two or three occasions where you might have expected him to dive in to a tackle, but he backed off instead. Made him much more effective.

Lovely moment in the TV coverage after one of our goals - behind the players you can see a youngster, about seven or eight years old, jumping for joy in the gangway. There's one new lifelong fan that will never forget Xmas 2017.
Report mafeking December 27, 2017 4:33 PM GMT
anorak, noticed the young boy jumping up and down too Happy
Report JUDGE JUDY December 28, 2017 5:13 PM GMT
Serious question

How long will you be able to keep Harry Kane?
Report mafeking December 28, 2017 5:32 PM GMT
no prospect of him leaving this summer. no way on earth daniel levy would contemplate moving into the new stadium without his star player. after that who knows ? i assume he's gonna have his money upped to somewhere in the region of £200K per week sooner rather than later. never mind what you pay the others gotta keep harry happy

seems the loyal type who certainly won't agitate for a move in the short term at least and he's on to a good thing here. guaranteed to start every week scoring an unbelievable number of goals. that could all change if he moved to the likes of real madrid or city. might be in and out of the team
Report FIGJAM December 28, 2017 9:13 PM GMT
Hopefully a lot longer then your German and Chilean JJ.
But then your policy is all about foreigners being the first club in the prem not to start a British player in the team.
Report hippie December 29, 2017 1:39 AM GMT

Harry Kane @HKane Dec 27

Looking back at 2017 like... ⚽

Report JUDGE JUDY December 29, 2017 10:49 AM GMT
Let’s see

I can see him staying one year at the new stadium and then he will be off
Report FIGJAM December 29, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
Seeing you mean hopingCrazy
Report JUDGE JUDY December 29, 2017 1:48 PM GMT
I don’t care anymore

Football is finished

I am lucky enough to have started Watching in the late 60s and early 70s and I so miss those days

Modern day football is rubbish
Report FIGJAM December 29, 2017 2:44 PM GMT
Arry ill, if it's anything like I've had good luck.But then he will have the finest medical science to look after him.
Report JUDGE JUDY December 29, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
Let’s just hope and pray he recovers
Report FIGJAM December 31, 2017 2:52 PM GMT
We've got 31 days to get rid of Sissoko.
Lame Ella too, but I guess Argentinians stick together.
N'koudou is yet another winger failure(I'm losing count but I think it's the third) who is apparently persona non grata, although let's face it he's had two chances- a dog's chance and no chance. Seeing Zaha terrifying City makes me wonder how much he's worth?
If and it's a big if we're going to do busine3ss, let's hope it's not another witching hour deal.
Two deals imo Barkley and if Rose goes then Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham.
Report mafeking December 31, 2017 3:16 PM GMT
never been convinced about zaha and he'd command an absurd fee as well. looks dangerous but just not enough end product. compare him to son and there's no contest. he could have as many goals in 2 seasons as zaha has scored in his whole career
Report FIGJAM December 31, 2017 3:50 PM GMT
I not looking for a goalscorer just someone who break through against teams that park the bus.
Report hippie December 31, 2017 4:29 PM GMT
The time to move for Zaha was last summer. Spurs are now priced out and with the media starting to link Sessegnon and Malcolm with the money-no-object clubs to drive up the prices for some unfathomable reason those boats may have also sailed although if Alex Sandro, Shaw and Rose are also available there seems to be a glut in the quality left-back market.

To avoid all the BS Levy should utilise Poch's burgeoning reputation in South American and finance a scouting network to find these players at source (Porto paid €9.6 million for Alex Sandro, Malcolm was a similar price to Bordeaux and Davinson Sanchez cost Ajax €5 million).
Report FIGJAM December 31, 2017 4:48 PM GMT
I realise hippie that quite a few boats might have sailed. My quote which was jumped on by mafe was
"Seeing Zaha terrifying City makes me wonder how much he's worth?" Not let's go out and buy him.Cry
He's had two pens given to him, both missed in recent matches, and seemed that he was hounded out of Manure and Cardiff but appears at home at Palace where he's a local boy.
We have an Achilles heel when it comes to wingers or more than likely Pochettino does.
We may or may not have been interested in Sessegnon and Dembele from Fulham,but since the initial interest their values have soared.
He who hesitates is lost.
Report FIGJAM January 2, 2018 12:40 PM GMT
Isn't odd in these digital days that team sheets that are issued an hour before KO are known
to a select few resulting in the drift(or otherwise)during the day of team's odds.
We've gone from 1.35 to currently 1.41 which may or may not be significant because our star player
might or might not be playing.
Probably not crucial at this stage but will be interesting this afternoon if there is a radical change if Arrys a no-no.
Report hippie January 2, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
It's tick trading rather than any insider knowledge. Similar to the books switching between 4/11 and 2/5 throughout the day:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/swansea-v-tottenham/winner/bet-history/tottenham

I watched the SSN reporter interview Ayew and Narsingh (the Swansea goalscorers against Watford) straight after the match on Saturday and the first thing Ayew said was they needed that result because they had Spurs coming up next. They're rattled. Cool
Report hippie January 2, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
30 minutes in and the ball is struggling to travel. Perfect conditions for Hugo to throw in a howler (if they get out of their half) so a second would be reassuring.
Report 23nights January 2, 2018 9:39 PM GMT
coyyysss
Report Kit-Kat-Dan January 3, 2018 5:51 PM GMT
Mike Dean officiating tomorrow and you just know he'll be making at least one horrendous decision during the game. It's to be hoped Dele is on his best behaviour and lets Carroll's elbows make the headlines.
Report mafeking January 3, 2018 7:04 PM GMT
a wet and wild night down in south wales. can hardly remember wet and windy conditions like it. almost impossible to make out anything down the other end in the first half. no one around had a clue who had scored

obviously we weren't anywhere near our best but hard to be too critical given the wind and rain. they had a bit of a go in the 2nd half but other than the double scare of ayew going round lloris and contriving not to score and hitting the post there wasn't much else. we got a couple of breaks but hard to feel too hard done by when you only have 1 shot on target and in any case i thought we should have had a pen for the foul on son and alli was certainly pushed over in the box
Report 23nights January 3, 2018 9:48 PM GMT
draw at the emirates...suits us...coys
Report 23nights January 4, 2018 9:56 PM GMT
ive noticed all the dopey gooners can do is talk about the spurs..you gotta laugh.coyyysss
Report hippie January 4, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
If Obiang had scored that goal against anyone else I'd have been hoping it was the match winner. Hugo isn't inspiring me with confidence at the moment and I've yet to see the strike from his angle but when Obiang put his laces through that ball it was clearly travelling. Impressive.

There were so many of them so close to Harry it's a wonder he could find oxygen let alone space. Poch is going to have to devise a strategy of what to do when teams put 4 or 5 on him like that. Could of, should of, been more but Sonny saving a point with a wonder strike of his own showed the right sort of fighting spirit. There's no accounting for goals like Obiang's, Rose is forever going to be remembered for his.
Report ribero1 January 5, 2018 9:37 AM GMT
Barkley to Chelsea then,can't say i'm too fussed from what the Everton guys say about him and no idea how serious we were about him as it seems a surefire way to sell a player,just say Spurs are interested in him and Chelsea sure to come in and buy him,job done.
But it does ask the question that will there be any additions this month?
Report pixie January 5, 2018 10:51 AM GMT
It's hard not to, when you muppets give us comedy gold like this....

Tim the 55pud22 Sherwood ....'it could be a cricket score' they never learn, mugs.

Still, you appear to be having another hugely successful season, winning the square root of eff all again!
Report 23nights January 5, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
lol..another gooner troll..they cant help themselves..pmsl
Report FIGJAM January 5, 2018 6:28 PM GMT
Wtf is Pochettino playing Sissoko? There is no doubt in my mind that a blind man with a walking stick could have passed
sideways and backwards in the same style last night.
It's no good blaming the player it's down to the manager 100%.
He won't go past an opponent,is scared of his own shadow; the only plus side last night is that he didn't have an air shot.
We are b.ggered if he plays him in any other prem game.
To make matters worse he brought on the one legged headless chicken Lam Ella, it's no wonder we can't break teams down.
I've been critised by mafe regarding Zaha, I know it's extremely unlikely we'd buy him, but can you imagine the difference
if he'd played instead of Sissoko?
We can't beat teams this season at Wembley that park the bus.Why? Because we don't play someone who can dribble apart from Dembele.

Certainly the atmosphere doesn't help, but 31 shots was it against a few from W Ham?

On a separate note, we missed a trick with Barkley who's gone for £15 mil, certainly a bargain and who would solve a few problems at Spurs.
Now the Chavs have at least 4 attacking midfielders whereas we have one in Christian.

Imho Pochettino is sleeping on the job,and needs to wake his ideas up, he again left the substitutions far too late last night,
everyone around me was crying out to get rid of Sissoko, he did the changes far too late again.

Another 2 points dropped.
Report mafeking January 5, 2018 7:12 PM GMT
figgy, i just said i don't particularly rate zaha. you obviously do but it's moot point cos we're never gonna pay the fee or wages he'd want. as for barkley we were never gonna pay the silly wages chelsea obviously will give him. can't expect to walk into a new club and be on a par with the highest earner. there was probably a regular place for him at spurs with dembele's appearances being limited these days but if having been injured for 6 months he wants to now go and sit on chelsea's bench with a manager who will be gone in 4 months time - he'll never play in the important games for them - then that's up to him. any young english player should surely have spurs as their number 1 destination if they want to further their career

as for last night odd that winks isn't getting any game time at the moment having played nearly all the games until recently. pochettino's never been one for changing things early on when it's not working. i'd have made changes 10 or 15 into the 2nd half. never a good look having 2 subs waiting to come on straight after you've conceded. certainly a weakness of his that he trusts the XI picked to get the job done and waits too long to try something else. possibly the game at swansea on a heavy pitch in driving wind and rain took a lot out of the players
Report ribero1 January 5, 2018 7:28 PM GMT
The world and his wife can see how bad Sissoko is yet he keeps on playing him.As for Barkley,not really bothered but while it may all be very commendable for a young player to have us as his no 1 destination maf,you know as we all do 99% will choose money first,just hope we can get someone decent in.
Report mafeking January 5, 2018 7:38 PM GMT
you'd hope that with waynama probably ready to play 90 mins from now on sissoko's appearances in the prem and CL at least will be strictly limited fro the rest of the season
Report hippie January 7, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
The only stream I could find is a periscope in the Don's end! Laugh

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vAxRMrRRXYJl
Report jed.davison January 7, 2018 3:32 PM GMT
Can anyone proffer any justification for playing Kane in this match?
Report hippie January 7, 2018 3:52 PM GMT
0-0 h/t

I sat through renditions of "you're sh!t", "this is a library", "wombles" and "this ground's too big for you". They celebrated winning a corner as if they had won the competition outright. But it's been more entertaining than the football.

There is no justification for playing Harry in this match. It's been played at a snails pace with no conviction. It should be all kids out there.

I hope it's back up for the second half. I want to witness the heartache. Devil
Report hippie January 7, 2018 4:08 PM GMT
2nd half:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1lDGLAyqLkzJm

Laugh
Report hippie January 7, 2018 4:21 PM GMT
62nd minute and it's gone quiet up this end. 1-0.

Fair play to the fella streaming it though.

make that 2-0, 64 minutes.
Report hippie January 7, 2018 4:25 PM GMT
He turned it off. Wanted to grieve in private. Laugh
Report 23nights January 7, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
PMSL..@ the gooners.
Report mafeking January 8, 2018 4:16 PM GMT
the usual attack against defence game at wembley. happy he went with a stronger team than expected. you can see what can happen when you don't Cool

dunno about the players but i'm feeling worn out with 12 games in the last 6 weeks with some ridiculous travelling thrown in at the worst time of the year for weather. a free week for everyone to recharge their batteries
Report hippie January 8, 2018 7:25 PM GMT
4th round: away to Newport
Report mafeking January 11, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
raiders seahawks oct 14 first game in london next season at new WHL. levy sounding very confident about it being ready for august Happy
Report Kit-Kat-Dan January 11, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
Newport game to be played at 5:30 on Saturday 27th and shown on BT Sport.
Report sofaking January 11, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
1.3 at a neutral venue to Everton is ridiculous.  We can probably expect a masterclass in bus parking from Fat Sam.
Report hippie January 13, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
Harry is now joint club top scorer with that goal - 97 - but whereas it took Teddy 234 games Harry has done it in 135. Love

Lovely turn by Son leading to the goal.
Report hippie January 13, 2018 6:48 PM GMT
98 - *Premier League club top scorer.

no offence meant to Jimmy Greaves! Love
Report sofaking January 13, 2018 6:56 PM GMT
Very happy to be wrong in my prediction. Grin
Report Kit-Kat-Dan January 13, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Brilliant by Kane at such a young age but what a massive difference Dembele makes when he's fully fit and beasting the midfield.
Report sofaking January 13, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
Report sofaking January 13, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
Super goal
Report 23nights January 13, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
Coyyysss
Report FIGJAM January 13, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
Strange, Fat Sam set up to play football,and what do you get when you play football against Spurs? You get beat.
Made a nice change from the anti football brigade, but I bet he doesn't do that again.
Big crowd today and looking at the twitter feed at the ground an awful lot of debutante fans;on the healthy side a lot of youngsters.
Jan was imperious with Aurier looking a lot more respectable but Hugo was his  usual kamikaze self, and a cameo from Sissoko of
how not to be worth 30 bob.
I saw one report extolling the Fab Four and the back 4,remarking that Sissoko would be better off in a a cafe,wtf the manager
persists is beyond me?
A good day at the office.
Report mafeking January 13, 2018 11:12 PM GMT
7-0 on aggregate against everton this season and tbh 17-0 wouldn't have flattered us. yet another game under BFS where they haven't had a shot on target. always enjoy watching us  exposing him for what he is. really we didn't get out of 2nd gear. we didn't have to. was an an everton fan sitting in front of us. he wasn't impressed to say the least

amazing crowd really. 10000 more than we've had for run of the mill games against very poor sides generally

should be putting saints to the sword again next week before the key 3 game run against direct rivals and then the trip to turin with the delights of newport in between. exciting times Happy
Report 23nights January 14, 2018 3:29 PM GMT
pmsl @ the south london mugs....
Report jed.davison January 14, 2018 3:31 PM GMT
They will be beating each other up soon. What a shambles they have become.
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 3:39 PM GMT
full house already anticipating the annihilation of that rabble next month Cool
Report jed.davison January 14, 2018 3:56 PM GMT
They are melting down on the Arsenal chit chat thing
Report FIGJAM January 14, 2018 3:59 PM GMT
Looks like they're losing their best player as well, he'll take some replacing.
Talking about losing they're best player Liverpool no longer have a Fab 4 but we do.
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 4:01 PM GMT
54 goals between them so far i think. on course to match last season's 90 odd
Report ribero1 January 14, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
"Looks like they're losing their best player as well",indeed FIg,who'd have thought a few years ago that Manchester city would be dictating to a club like Arsenal,can't say it fills me with joy to be honest.
Report ribero1 January 14, 2018 4:11 PM GMT
And Oxlade Chamberlain opens the scoring at Anfield,you couldn't make it up!
Report hippie January 14, 2018 5:55 PM GMT
Away to Liverpool should be a corker and a shoot-on-sight policy the order of the day whichever keeper they go with.
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 6:01 PM GMT
looking increasingly likely we'll have to find someone other than liverpool to finish above. if we do our normal no show in a top 6 away game up there making up 6 points in 14 games surely insurmountable
Report hippie January 14, 2018 6:26 PM GMT
Reversing a 6 point swing against them would be odds against in their current form but hopefully we'll be going into the game level on points with united. Just have to make the opportunities count when they arise.
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 6:35 PM GMT
we really need the full 9 points from saints, united and arsenal to put us in good position. a lot of away games against bottom half teams remaining
Report ribero1 January 14, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Yes,always thought Liverpool were 2nd best side in the league,frustrating for us in that they've been basically shopping in the same place as us yet have beat us hands down in that department.
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 7:08 PM GMT
we ain't shopping in remotely the same ball park as liverpool. they've massively outspent us - £40M ox, £75M VVD, £60M keita just this season. we've bought one £40M player ever

still think we're better than them. just that disastrous week where we took 2 points from west brom, leicester and watford is looking hard to overcome

a tough school the top 4 at the moment when even 75 points might not be enough so weak are the other 14 teams (and that might soon be 15) in the league currently
Report mafeking January 14, 2018 7:11 PM GMT
salah as well of course
Report ribero1 January 14, 2018 7:29 PM GMT
Exactly,they're hardly City,Utd or Chelsea in the money stakes yet the board has backed the manager and its paying dividends yet I doubt we will buy anyone this window.
Stadium or not we won't always find ourselves in this position where perhaps a couple of signings could make top 4 etc much more attainable plus keeping our current top players and manager happy.
Report hippie January 14, 2018 7:33 PM GMT
Spurs v United 8 p.m. kick off 31 January

Transfer window closes 11 p.m. 31 January

No way can Rose be sold to them with a possibility of making their teamsheet. I think he's around until the summer.
Report FIGJAM January 15, 2018 8:56 PM GMT
I wouldn't be too sure about finishing lower than the Chavs, apparently Leicester should have taken all the points Saturday.
Crowd were none too happy. Three 0-0s in a row and a centre forward and his reserve completely out of form,
to boot a manager who looks unsettled.
A home game against Manure to balance out Liverpool away.
I think we have a very good chance of top 3 as long as we don't feature Sissoko.
Report FIGJAM January 18, 2018 12:36 PM GMT
Subsequent to what I said re the Chavs, a cheating record methinks for the whole football league,
3 desperate Chav footballers booked for simulation,things ain't what they used to be.
Also additionally to my last post I hear that Conte certain to go at the end of year, he and his family apparently
not happy in Blighty.Sad
Report mafeking January 18, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
chavs certainly looking the most catchable of the teams above us. quick turnaround for saturday lunchtime although it's only brighton who hardly have a goal in them. ref probably did them a favour sending off morata. wasn't on the field to miss a pen and now can't lumber around hopelessly on saturday either
Report Wesdag January 18, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
Drove through Tottenham for the 1st time in yonks. If that ground is to be finished for the start of next season then they need to get a shift on.  The south stand looks like they've barely started!
Report mafeking January 18, 2018 3:55 PM GMT
wes, latest situation is they hoped to have the roof on by the end of this month. now towards the end of february looking more likely. that said work has progressed very quickly. there was virtually nothing there except the foundations 18 months ago

is gonna be ready for next season - already got the NFL on oct 14. i guess playing the first 3 games away from home probably looking favourite at the moment
Report Wesdag January 18, 2018 4:01 PM GMT
ok ta
Report hippie January 18, 2018 4:06 PM GMT
"Hello. Spurs switchboard? Could I have a word with the stadium architect? I need to tell him to get his skates on because a fella who had a cursory glance at it as he whizzed by in his motor told me it'll never be finished in time!"

https://youtu.be/Fmonf-b8Jgs
Report Wesdag January 18, 2018 4:28 PM GMT
Grin

Just an observation old chap. I'm sure all's in hand but blimey, seems like a lot to get done for August.
Report mafeking January 18, 2018 5:09 PM GMT
building technology has moved on from when they took 7 (!?!) years to put up the new wembley. the new stadium in san francisco was built in little over 2 years
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now