Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 3 people viewing this thread.
JUDGE JUDY
29 Dec 07 18:40
| Topic/replies: 42,840 | Blogger: JUDGE JUDY's blog
Ok we have had 'THE SPUDS FILES'

and

EVERTON TRANSFER STUFf

but

Now for the Daddy of them all:-

ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT

The team with the greatest support on here should be able to rival those

HHG you can kick it off

JJ ;)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT............
Show More
Report dyno-layer September 15, 2017 9:49 AM BST
Now give me a comment on my sunday team please with your reasoning for differing Cool
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 9:53 AM BST
As long as Theo is happy I don't care !!!!!!

He is my favourite all-time player
Report jon b September 15, 2017 10:30 AM BST
Missed it all last night, was out playing pool having already punted. Told a couple of players to wait 10 mins but we will beat this lot, so when 1-0 down they got all the value and I was stuck with my well odds on poke, typical.

Dyno don't think anyone can argue with ya team but you and I  and a few others know it wont happen, firstly Ozil will be in there and I'm pretty sure Ramsey will be as well, he is a Wenger favourite. So how will it work with them two in and who dips out this weekend, I d start with Elneny holding in front of the back 3 but AW wont, he will stick with the combo ripped apart by an average Liverpool. Then its a question of who sits out for Ozil, surely not DW but I fear it might be him. We should start this game to try and be alive still at 60 mins or so, stay solid, keep shape and the odd counter attack, 14 players over the 90 mins will be key, all named should feature barring injuries and obv Giroud can be used for 15 mins or so if we are still in touch, key is not to be ripped apart by half time.
Holding off at half time last night, was that an injury? or was he below par
Report dyno-layer September 15, 2017 11:07 AM BST
Jonb... Sadly i fear you are correct. Calamity awaits
Report Blackrock September 15, 2017 11:51 AM BST
cech

kos            mustafi
bellerin                                                                      kola
                                       el nenny

ramsey                  xhaka            ozil

lac                 sanchez.

Don't think we look particularly strong, but don't see an alternative. Would tell FB's not to bomb on and sit.
Report dyno-layer September 15, 2017 12:14 PM BST
Blackrock...That set up will not work. It is not defensively strong enough, We will be over run in midfield
Report dyno-layer September 15, 2017 12:17 PM BST
Having said that the unforgivable naivety of our management will fall for it yet again. HOME WIN
Report lurka September 15, 2017 12:23 PM BST
He should drop Ozil for a 3rd centre half in that lineup. I think he'll go with 3 centre halves and play Ozil though.

Chelsea are a huge price at 1.86. We've lost 9 of our last 14 PL away games. Beaten Swansea, Boro, Southampton and Stoke. We look weaker defensively this year too and lost to Stoke and got hosed by Liverpool, failing to score in both. Chelsea should be nearer 1.5 imo. Chelsea -1 at 2+/1 is also a juicy price.
Report Blackrock September 15, 2017 12:27 PM BST
That's why i want the full backs to sit and help out in midfield. Would have FC in but he's injured.

We won't be having many chances so ive put in the players most likely of doing something special, when a chance does arrive.

Imo the squad is weak enough. Xhaka/Ramsey/Ozil can't tackle but are good offensively. Wenger has to improve our midfield with hard tacklers who are prepared to sit. But we've been saying that for years.
Report lurka September 15, 2017 12:35 PM BST
Chelsea have covered the -1 in the last 4 PL meetings at Stamford Bridge
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 1:00 PM BST
No one can really pick them is formation

He starts with a three

Changes to a four

Unguessable
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 1:00 PM BST
Should read

No one can guess Wenger's formation
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 1:35 PM BST
But as I said last night we did play very well in the second half

If we play like that we have a chance
Report Wesdag September 15, 2017 2:11 PM BST
Looking good against average teams has never been a problem.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 2:14 PM BST
I didn't think that they were a bad team last night
Report Wesdag September 15, 2017 2:25 PM BST
That's why I said average. Cool

Sunday will be the test.

Don't hold your breath for a positive result.

Wenger probably got his excuses lined up already.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 2:42 PM BST
Probably re excuses
Report jon b September 15, 2017 4:51 PM BST
He rested a good portion of the team so there,s no excuse on that front surely, thinking about it Danny W hard to leave out isn,t he?, hard working from start to finish, confidence boost with a brace last week and surely AW knows he needs this type of player for this game, ditto for Sanchez, yes he wants away we know but he also loves to simply play the game, another must starter for me. We know we need a centre mid player who will sit tight, AW has to decide. a couple of seasons back the players decided to sit against Man City away and we came away with a 2-0, maybe they might employ a similar tactic/suggestion to the manager, that's the only way imo either Ramsey but esp Ozil is left on the bench
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 4:56 PM BST
Sanchez will definitely start

I wouldn't start DW

I would start lac
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 5:16 PM BST
We have had further time to reflect on Thursday night’s match and we are now undertaking a full review to assess the events which occurred inside and outside our stadium.

The safety of everyone in and around Emirates Stadium is always our paramount consideration. We have a sophisticated control room at the stadium, in which our matchday security team work closely with colleagues from the Metropolitan Police, London Fire Service and the London Ambulance Service.

We are satisfied that the joint decision to delay the match by one hour and play with a 9.05pm kick off was the best and safest option. This was the first time in 20 years of European competition we have had to take such an action. Ultimately the match passed off safely.

Unfortunately there were clearly many Cologne supporters in Arsenal sections of the stadium. They obtained their tickets illegally, most likely via ticket touts. We continue to work hard to try to eradicate ticket touts and would urge all supporters not to sell or buy tickets from touts. Any tickets found that have been sold or purchased illegally will be traced back to the original purchaser who will have their membership cancelled and the appropriate action taken.

On a specific point, we can confirm that no new Arsenal members who joined after the UEFA Europa League draw were eligible to purchase tickets for the match on Thursday night through our box office or ticket exchange service.

Finally we would like to take this opportunity to thank our supporters for their patience and conduct during what was a very difficult night for us all. We know that many supporters experienced significant disruption getting to the match and also inside the stadium during the match. We thank everyone for their understanding.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 5:19 PM BST
Of course we are now being investigated by UEFA
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 5:19 PM BST
Bomba claarts
Report jon b September 15, 2017 5:30 PM BST
All 3 could start JJ but that would mean leaving out either Ramsey or Ozil, rather have DW wide right than Ramsey playing there. I still think Ramsey will be in that central role with Xhaka though  grrrrr
Report jon b September 15, 2017 5:34 PM BST
He might revert to a flat back 4 and 5 across the middle, I'm not convinced that this 3 c/h thing is really working for us anyway
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 5:36 PM BST
I am not a lover of DW by the way
Report pixie September 15, 2017 5:48 PM BST
JUDGE JUDY 15 Sep 17 16:56 Joined: 21 Aug 06 | Topic/replies: 42,804 | Blogger: JUDGE JUDY's blog
Sanchez will definitely start

I wouldn't start DW

I would start lac

Agree! So would I. Little point in keeping Sanchez if you're not going to play him in the games against top opposition, might just have well taken the £60m from Citeh.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 15, 2017 5:51 PM BST
JJ Love pix
Report jon b September 15, 2017 5:51 PM BST
Nor me,he has room to become one though, another player who prob didn't see his future  with AFC, if he was a natural finisher then he would be a proper asset, he can pretty clumsy though, brain and feet out of tune quite often when attempting shots, great work ethic though, closes opposition down better than most
Report dyno-layer September 15, 2017 6:22 PM BST
Big fan of DW23.Love the way he leaves it all out there on the pitch.Drom what I have seen thus far this season he is defo improving.His injuries were horrid but he is going the right way now. For me he is one who should be a permanent name on the team sheet.If he is sacrificed for ghost or a.n.other it will be a huge mistake.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 16, 2017 11:05 AM BST
I know they  are different types of players but giroud  and Lac in my opinion provide a lot more
Report dyno-layer September 16, 2017 12:05 PM BST
JJ.. Complete difference of opinion. Its DW23 every day of the week here. Giroud for the late change,

In fact i would rather have DW23 ahead of the ghost but again. Matter of opinion.

I know exactly what i want and dont want from my selected players.. I know what i will be getting from DW23. He wont be hiding  / shirking / moaning / Arm waving etc ...He will just keep running till his knees collapse.
Report lurka September 16, 2017 12:13 PM BST
Happy 21st Anniversary Arsene. Please let it be your last.
Report dyno-layer September 16, 2017 12:14 PM BST
Laugh
Report JUDGE JUDY September 16, 2017 12:56 PM BST
Oxhey Jets v EDGWARE TOWN for me today

We need 3 points
Report dyno-layer September 16, 2017 1:02 PM BST
Would you like to take Ozil on a free transfer ?
Report JUDGE JUDY September 16, 2017 1:29 PM BST
No we don't need him
Report dyno-layer September 16, 2017 5:09 PM BST
L.O.L.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 16, 2017 5:18 PM BST
Finished Desmond

Not bad considering Edgware had a player sent off
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 7:47 AM BST
Good Morning Gooners :

Big day ahead.

Time to see what these lads are made of

We need a positive performance. Winning would be great but above everything else we need to see some fight and passion.

Ozil doubtful for fixture as he didnt train with team yesterday.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 10:57 AM BST
Good morning everybody

A very tough game today but we seem to have a bit of a hold over Chelsea well at least over the past couple of games

No reason why we can't get a  result today
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:31 PM BST
Cheque

Must kos mon kola

Bell ElNen Ramsey xhaka

Iwobi DW

Lac
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:33 PM BST
Cheque

Must kos mon

Bell
Xhaka Ramsey kola

Iwobi lac DW
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:34 PM BST
Osp merty maitland elnen sanchez giroud and of course

Theo Theo theo
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:35 PM BST
Don't like iwobi in there

Why keep Sanchez if you don't play him in these games

Very odd
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:40 PM BST
Ummmmm.. I dont understand that at all
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:41 PM BST
Back 5 picked themselves and after that he loses the plot
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:41 PM BST
Sanchez has to play with DW23 and AL9
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:42 PM BST
We need huge games from Xhaka Iwobi and discipline from Ramsey
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:43 PM BST
Astonishing to say the least
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:43 PM BST
How does Theo not get a game LaughLaughLaugh
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:44 PM BST
He was 2 players short of getting it right
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 12:45 PM BST
Has the person that gave him that obscene contract resigned yet
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 12:49 PM BST
Iwobi is going to have to put in a performance way above anything he has ever done b4. Lets hope he does or we will see him withdrawn once the game has gone away from us and replaced by Sanchez.

I dont want to see Ramsey as our man furthest forward too often either otherwise Xhaka is going to be exposed .
Report sugarfoot September 17, 2017 1:14 PM BST
At least Wenger has picked 11 players for a big away game instead of 10 plus Ozil.  Forced into by injury, but still means we have a chance if sticking people behind the ball.  And if Xhaka does not get sent off for something rash

But not starting with Sanchez? Unless he was done in by playing 90 on Thursday it makes no real sense
Report Storm Alert September 17, 2017 1:17 PM BST
Wenger usual belligerent arrogance benching Sanchez (Wenger just said he is benched because he is close to his best Confused).  Without Özil as well this ain't going to go well for Arsenal today.  At least Koscielny starts and Giroud can be the super-sub.  Hopefully the invisible man (on the pitch) Walcott will just be a bench warmer today (110k a week Blush no wonder Sanchez wants to leave).
Report lurka September 17, 2017 1:24 PM BST
Ozil missing is a good thing, as is Hazard out. But i've still gone Chelsea -1
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 1:29 PM BST
Good luck to the guys
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 2:02 PM BST
Playing quite well
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 2:18 PM BST
8/10 impressed
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 2:54 PM BST
WTF ?
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 3:24 PM BST
Very good performance
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 3:25 PM BST
I don't Know why but I detest fabregas
Report Deptford September 17, 2017 3:50 PM BST
That was filth to watch, a poxy game of football
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 3:52 PM BST
Lol
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 4:12 PM BST
So much better that. Shape and balance of the team was top drawer.

At last he may just have grasped it ...maybe a few others on here would have done as well..

In a game like that where you need 10 outfield battles and no passengers you cannot employ the ghost ..

I fully appreciate that was only one game however it was a game of huge significance and importance..we just need to build on that now and we will go forward as an I.proved team.
Report dyno-layer September 17, 2017 4:14 PM BST
No negative performances either which is defo the way forward
Report sugarfoot September 17, 2017 5:14 PM BST
At last he may just have grasped it ...maybe a few others on here would have done as well.. Plain

Except he won't because Ozil was injured and not dropped

Any rational Arsenal fan would have taken 0-0 pre kick-off, given the difference in quality between the sides.  And anyone that has seen Ozil's "performances" in these games would have known that his absence was a major factor in making the defence more solid.

But Wenger will just think "Imagine if Ozil had played; we might have scored a couple of goals"
Report JUDGE JUDY September 17, 2017 5:58 PM BST
Played well in the second half against Cologne

We played well today

Maybe the start of something new?
Report jon b September 17, 2017 6:30 PM BST
Only seen small snippets of the game so hard to comment other than the obv, having 11 willing battlers willing to work hard for each other always better than being reliant on a so called superstar or 2. Fair play to those boys today, prob the biggest confidence booster they,ve had in a long time. Look forward to extended highlights later.
Report lurka September 17, 2017 7:59 PM BST
Saw bits of it earlier, a good performance and could have won it, thought Chelsea were there for the taking today and with a bit more belief probably should have beaten them. Chelsea should have been one up tho, Pedro missed a 1 on 1 with Cech. Lacazette missed a sitter later in the first half, came at him quick but he should have scored it, an open goal in the 6 yard box.

Sky gave Ramsey MOTM but Kolasinac was our best player from the bits I saw, a proper tough guy too, need a few more players like him in more central areas.
Report dyno-layer September 18, 2017 11:23 AM BST
You have to chuckle to yourself really as our great leader is now getting lorded for a imperious tactical masterclass yesterday when he has had countless previous opportunities  to employ the very same game plan and not subject us to some totally brutal defeats !!!

Unfortunate that DW23 picked up a groin strain ( lets hope its not to serious ) as he was one of our most pivotal players from yesterday and his work rate was replicated by others all over the pitch which ultimately enabled us to earn a much deserved draw.

Now the big question is how will AW take it forward from here ?

Where does the ghost now fit in the big picture ?

Is he our new star for the Europa early rounds and is rested from the premiership challenges ?
Report Wesdag September 18, 2017 5:21 PM BST
Don't bank on it.

I expect Wenger will persist with show pony Ozil in games against top opposition otherwise it will show he was wrong.

Having 11 players when not in possession does make a difference.
Report Swiss Franc September 18, 2017 8:02 PM BST
Welbeck  out for a month with groin injury
Report jon b September 18, 2017 8:58 PM BST
Not a hard run of fixtures during that period, Everton away towards the end of it looks the toughest, hopefully the likes of Iwobi can follow up his performance in the coming weeks and help cover Danny.
Dyno, you must of loved watching that without the ghost in there, almost proved your point in one game, the fact that Sanchez didn't start either makes it all the more a really solid team effort, has to be sustained of course but it has to be one of the best confidence boosters these players have had in a while imo, prob deserved a little more too tbf. proof of the pudding still to come though, we have had moments before and come crashing back down very quickly soon after
Report dyno-layer September 18, 2017 10:25 PM BST
Jonb...the club needs to build on it. There were many valuable lessons to take from that performance however it must also raise questions about how lo g it took them to see it.

I feel as though I have been bleating on about it for an eternity..it was so blatantly obvious what was needed yet no one who really counted could see it ???

To me that is the most frustrating aspect of it all..

Only time will tell if it was a freak result from a team selected out of circumstance or have they finally awoken from their blinkred wonderland ???

Fingers crossed he now sees it and takes it forward as the team needs stability and tactical structure on a permanent basis..

Shame about DW23...hopefully it's not a month that turns into six !!!!
Report dyno-layer September 18, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Btw...i was pleased to be surprised by the performance of Iwobi...the lad did a fine shift out there..pleased for him
Report JUDGE JUDY September 19, 2017 9:14 AM BST
I want to know why Sanchez didn't play

He is our best player against one of the toughest teams to play against

Why keep him ?

Or was our manager 'making a point'?

I am astonished by that
Report JUDGE JUDY September 19, 2017 9:35 AM BST
Happy birthday to David seaman

54 today
Report lurka September 19, 2017 9:47 AM BST
The Koln game was Sanchez only full 90 mins for us this season. Perhaps he's still not fit for a full 90 mins twice in 4 days. He played two full matches for Chile in 6 days after the Liverpool game but I'd imagine they'd play him when only 60% fit as they are in danger of not qualifying for the next WC (they lost both)
Report JUDGE JUDY September 19, 2017 10:24 AM BST
It must be very frustrating for him because he is the type of player that wants to play every game

Theo couldn't give a sh1t
Report Blackrock September 19, 2017 11:40 AM BST
Disagree Dyno about Iwobi. I don't feel he puts in a real shift and is anonymous for most of the game.

The defensive side of things was what made the real difference. In the past Wenger has committed suicide with his gameplan. This game, the defence was far better organised and with Kola occasionally slotting into midfield, we actually outnumbered Chelsea in that area which gave us the edge.

We looked far more solid at the back,but Morata is no bully like the Drog or Costa, so maybe that was where Chelsea couldn't outmuscle us.

I accept Ozil can be a luxury that we can't afford in big games, but playing Iwobi instead of Sanchez was pigheadedness by Wenger.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 19, 2017 1:39 PM BST
I thought he did okay on Sunday to be fair Blackie
Report lurka September 19, 2017 3:16 PM BST
I don't remember seeing Iwobi much at all in the match but I didn't see all of it. When he got taken off I had forgotten he was playing but putting in hard work on the defensive side I mightn't have noticed.

Kolasinac was in defence, midfield and even got into their box and to their byline a good few times. Was almost like two players
Report dyno-layer September 19, 2017 7:14 PM BST
He had a very good disciplined game. Exactly what we have been lacking. Doubtless Sanchez should always play but Iwobi delivered on sunday
Report jon b September 19, 2017 8:47 PM BST
I only saw the highlights too but Iwobi def looked sharper than before, made decisions quicker and in the main it was all positive stuff from him in an attacking sense at least, if he can maintain that then he can  hopefully be adequate cover for DW esp with the fixtures coming up.
Sanchez not starting has very little to do with fitness imo, we all know what he was like before, chomping at the bit to play in every game at all times before the training ground fall out and then being dropped v Liverpool, who knows whats gone on since then behind the scenes, we do know he was desperate to move on and prob was convinced it was a done deal even late on, maybe he isn,t showing the same zest on the training field as before, who knows but I did think his celebration for his goal on Thursday came across a little weird, a great goal was applauded etc by players running up to him but it was more a few pats on the back and clapping rather than a usual jumping on and hugging etc, all a bit muted to me but maybe I'm seeing something that's not really there.
Report Wesdag September 19, 2017 11:42 PM BST
Maybe cos he's practically out the door?
Report lurka September 20, 2017 10:21 AM BST
https://twitter.com/elliottsimmonds/status/910244103572611076

Ox Cam from last night. £35m, what a mare Laugh
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 11:09 AM BST
£40 million for that sh1te

Well done Wenger
Report dyno-layer September 20, 2017 11:22 AM BST
Sanchez walks a tightrope everytime he steps out on the park as lets just say he picks up a serious ligament injury which sidelines him for 12 months  with his contract running out at season end ????

Surely he would be best served for his own interest in not playing until his future is positively resolved or alternatively signing another contract ???

If he does pick up a serious injury,  the way he plays when putting it all in could easily lead to one, he could plunge himself into a very precarious position :

Veiws ?
Report dyno-layer September 20, 2017 11:24 AM BST
Naturally the same wont apply to the ghost as he always plays well within himself Cool
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 2:02 PM BST
That's a crazy argument dyno
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 2:03 PM BST
You could say that about any player
Report Wesdag September 20, 2017 2:07 PM BST

Sep 20, 2017 -- 10:21AM, lurka wrote:

https://twitter.com/elliottsimmonds/status/910244103572611076Ox Cam from last night. £35m, what a mare

But yet Wenger was offering this dud £180k a week to stay.

Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 2:24 PM BST
Astonishing !!!!!!

Same as Theo Theo
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 2:26 PM BST
No player in the world in my opinion should be on more than £30,000 per week

It would level up the playing field for some clubs like Tottenham Hotspur to win the league lol
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 2:31 PM BST
Who Sanctions these contracts at football clubs ?
Report lurka September 20, 2017 4:30 PM BST
i had a row on twitter once with the writer of Soccernomics (a US economist) who was arguing that transfer fees should be done away with completely and that players in Europe should be free to move to a new employer whenever they wanted, like all normal employees. Imagine the wages they'd be on then?

Couldn't seem to get his head around the idea that they're not employees but contractors and there is always a penalty/compo paid for breach or early termination of contract, ie a transfer fee.
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 4:36 PM BST
Could easily happen one day

It happens in cricket where  players play for about four different teams all over the world in one year
Report lurka September 20, 2017 4:40 PM BST
i told him if players wanted more freedom of movement they could just sign one year deals and that would sort the whole issue. But they want a nice 5-6 year deal on huge wages for security reasons eg if they get injured etc
Report JUDGE JUDY September 20, 2017 4:44 PM BST
It makes you so disenfranchised from the game
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now