Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JUDGE JUDY
29 Dec 07 18:40
| Topic/replies: 41,734 | Blogger: JUDGE JUDY's blog
Ok we have had 'THE SPUDS FILES'

and

EVERTON TRANSFER STUFf

but

Now for the Daddy of them all:-

ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT

The team with the greatest support on here should be able to rival those

HHG you can kick it off

JJ ;)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT............
Show More
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 10:54 AM BST
Monty wants   to know why Theo didn't play last night

He is furious
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 10:54 AM BST
Monty wants   to know why Theo didn't play last night

He is furious
Report Blackrock April 18, 2017 11:30 AM BST
Even if we did manage to beat City [can't see it myself], why would all the fans suddenly alter their opinions to 'Wenger must stay'?

Season after season of abject failure, and we think all is rosy in the garden again. Surely the board and Wenger don't see our supporters as brainless imbeciles, who can be fobbed off by one win?
Report jed.davison April 18, 2017 11:31 AM BST
City will beat you 8-0, gonna be very funny
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 11:53 AM BST
I think it could be nine or 10
Report Blackrock April 18, 2017 11:54 AM BST
Might well happen Jed, but you lot of renowned chokers will shyte yourself against Chelsea as you always do in big games.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 11:56 AM BST
Oh no ...........
Report jed.davison April 18, 2017 12:18 PM BST
Renowned chokers?

How you get on at Palace last week? Or West Brom? Only one team choking at the moment mate. Spurs just keep winning every game.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 12:28 PM BST
2015/16 LaughLaugh
Report jed.davison April 18, 2017 12:30 PM BST
You love your history th.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 12:37 PM BST
I do because we have some

I bracket Tottenham with Chelsea CryCryCry
Report jed.davison April 18, 2017 12:42 PM BST
It's all you have left now I suppose
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 12:59 PM BST
Very true
Report jon b April 18, 2017 1:21 PM BST
Blacky, Wenger is not waiting to satisfy all the fans, even he knows that isn,t going to happen with one win or a few between now and seasons end, if he was leaving surely that would of been announced by now, no reason to delay it, he is one for the unpredictable scenario for sure and it has been very hard to second guess him, that's what I'm hanging on to tbf but I cant see it happening unless the run in ends in catastrophic style. The problem we have and I cant see it happening either but the team is capable of beating City at Wembley, they are not all that imo and in a one off game on our day even when we have been so average all season long we can turn over better teams than us.
Report enpassant April 18, 2017 2:12 PM BST
The overboard reaction to the goals and win from the players were a little odd. I hope it wasn't some sort of calculated nonsense from above. I would relish the thought that the players had been told he is leaving and that is where it came from but that is wishful thinking rather than a belief.
If it was genuine and heralds a concerted effort from the players, who seem to not be playing for AW, until the end of the season, then surely something must have been said or done to provoke that (above and beyond the supporters reaction at CP).
Report ghostlygunner April 18, 2017 2:15 PM BST
no disrespect to boro but they were fkn awful , add them to west ham lincoln ,sutton and hull as the only teams weve beaten in the last few months

sunday will be a different kettle of fish imo and hopefully the end game for wenger should we go out as i expect
Report jon b April 18, 2017 4:22 PM BST
We,ve had enough howlers to secure a departure already this year alone, how does one more make the difference?, he must be as JJ keeps saying staying put, no-one can be this stubborn to leave it till the last minute to call it a day, if wheels were in motion for him to leave then replacement needs finding and media would have some ideas who,s being approached at least, Wenger can be an enigma though, he thrives on that imo and that's the part I'm clinging to
Report ericster April 18, 2017 4:35 PM BST
Well done Sanchez.

Picture on the back of the Daily Mail, priceless.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 6:19 PM BST
What was it ?
Report Loanwolf April 18, 2017 7:19 PM BST
The most likely scenario is that Wenger will be allowed to bow out with dignity at the end of the season.Fans tend to measure success in terms of trophies won whereas the board may have financial successes as the clear priority.Qualification for the champions league is worth at least £50m. per season.Arsenal will not qualify next season  and therefore  it may be curtainss for Arsene
Report JUDGE JUDY April 18, 2017 9:30 PM BST
One season out of Europe makes no difference to Arsenal's finances
Report jon b April 19, 2017 10:00 AM BST
What is the reason for the delay then JJ, you,re confident he is staying and have said so for a couple of months at least so whats the answer for the delay?
Report ghostlygunner April 19, 2017 10:04 AM BST
have been going since 1976 and for a good 20 years of that home and away every game

it will absolutely break my heart but i dont think i can renew if he signs this contract, it would be the end for me Sad
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 11:23 AM BST
I really do not know Jon

Possibly a couple of things

Speculation about new players

It's always exciting with the new fixture list comes out

Maybe waiting things for die down a bit

Maybe winning the FA Cup
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 11:24 AM BST
Ghost

I have been going since 1965 and this is my first season of not going

The away games I gave up about 12 years ago

What ever you do do not give up your season ticket

I still have my two which I sold for the season and which I will also do next year and then review whether I wat to go again

You can always sell a season ticket for season there by keeping the ticket that you have
Report ghostlygunner April 19, 2017 2:24 PM BST
i know judge and i do swap some now when i cant go but where we differ is i really think the appetite to go will collapse if he signs a new deal , yes a lot will renew still but they wont want to

and a lot will see this as the time to stop going though it will hurt them aswell

you can see by how hard it has been to sell tickets for the semi and the empty seats all over the emirates this season the way things are heading

and sadly if kroenke does take notice of something it will be this rather than the protests or results as all he cares about is money

if he resigns it will be mine and many peoples worst day ever as an arsenal fan and i just cannot believe it will be allowed to happen Sad
Report ghostlygunner April 19, 2017 2:25 PM BST
re-signs rather than resigns sorry

big difference there Laugh
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 2:42 PM BST
Schoolboy error !!!!!!
Report Wesdag April 19, 2017 3:49 PM BST
Jack Wheelchair has fractured his leg.

Some things just don't change...
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 4:46 PM BST
He is getting married in Florence in a couple of months

One of my friends is the bride's godfather

God help her
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 5:14 PM BST
No doubt our manager will give him a new contract
Report Wesdag April 19, 2017 5:26 PM BST
Tempted to ask what she sees in the millionaire.

Btw, Mr Wenger is a lovely man.
Report HansUlrichApfelStrudel April 19, 2017 6:19 PM BST
In Arsene we trust
Report JUDGE JUDY April 19, 2017 9:11 PM BST
One too many t
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2017 2:54 PM BST
Stones out for Sunday
Report dambuster April 21, 2017 3:21 PM BST
sad when you want your team to get beat, so it puts more pressure on the manager
Report Swiss Franc April 21, 2017 3:35 PM BST
Stones may be out but

Jesus will b backSadScared
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 10:57 AM BST
Saed Kolasinac to sign on a free from schalke in the summer
Report jon b April 22, 2017 12:06 PM BST
AW working his magic again and a freebie as well.
Report jon b April 22, 2017 1:23 PM BST
Try picking tomorrows team?, bet no-one gets the right 11
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 2:18 PM BST
Impossible

Cheque

Bell kos must Gibbs

Tw14 ram ox xhaka

Giroud Ozil

Who knows ? Who cares ?
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 2:48 PM BST
To be fair we won the race ahead of Barcelona and Juventus
Report jon b April 22, 2017 2:55 PM BST
Mustafi is out JJ
Report jon b April 22, 2017 2:57 PM BST
And if that's was the starting 11 I wouldn,t watch a second of it, looking forward to tonight's clash more than tomorrows
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 3:13 PM BST
Oh ok

Didn't know Jon

Put Gab in
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2017 5:06 PM BST
i see our tactical masterclass win over middlesbrough doesnt look as good after bournemouth hammered them today Cool
Report jon b April 22, 2017 5:20 PM BST
Did it ever look that good anyway, they cant buy a win calendar year, created as much if not more than us and prob had more chances in our game than any of their recent games, thought we made them look ok tbf on the night
Report jon b April 22, 2017 5:22 PM BST
put gab in and leave at least 3 others out Happy
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2017 6:05 PM BST
i know jon but wengers media darlings reported as the win that clinched the contract LaughCry
Report jon b April 22, 2017 6:27 PM BST
I know. Tomorrow is only one game but imagine another spanking like Munich gave us, what can be said after if that happens, it will be something like we,l push on for a top 4 spot and the season will be a successful one, if not the rumours will start to fly about big players coming to the Emirates etc etc etc.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 7:12 PM BST
Takes the pressure off tomorrow for us

Now out for a nice steak meal to celebrate
Report jon b April 22, 2017 7:16 PM BST
decent watch that was, Spurs can concentrate on the title race now all guns blazing, Chelsea have an easy looking run in but Palace were suppose to be part of that, ya never know, cant see it but nowt else now so should be flat out for a title push, one weekends results can change plenty.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 7:18 PM BST
They will be so deflated they will fall away like they did last season
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2017 7:18 PM BST
Come on guys things aren't so bad we could support Tottenham
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2017 7:25 PM BST
good result for wenger that

he would have been chased all the way through the channel tunnel if we lost a cup final* to spurs

* not that we ll get thru anyway Cool
Report brassneck April 22, 2017 7:31 PM BST
he will not be going anywhere if the story is correct that Messi and Neymar are looking for new homes in London.
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2017 8:03 PM BST
funnily enough though brassneck, they are not expected to complete and move in until the day after the season ticket renewals are due back Cool
Report brassneck April 22, 2017 9:39 PM BST
believe it or not Lionel Messi's boy hood dream was that one day he would play for Arsenal football club.
Last week his agent said that his contract with Barcelona is coming to a close and that it is his opinion that the great man needs a new challenge.His agent is a member of the Messi family.
And ARSENAL'S response was" that Arsenal football club are always interested in any great player that becomes Available"GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
Report Capt__F April 22, 2017 11:47 PM BST
your constipation thread held better sh0ite
Report enpassant April 23, 2017 1:32 AM BST
spuds making history with their best side in 2 generations !
Report Blackrock April 23, 2017 11:14 AM BST
Have a fear that we could get battered today. Don't want an embarrasing scoreline.Sad
Report Smiley April 23, 2017 1:54 PM BST
What a price 7/2...get on and double the joy.
Report enpassant April 23, 2017 3:33 PM BST
We are playing with 10 men with OG in this system.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 23, 2017 4:21 PM BST
Poor Defending

Poor keeping
Report Coachbuster April 23, 2017 5:58 PM BST
Hope Msr Wenger gets the contract he deserves after hauling your boys to a final .

# No mean feat
Report Smiley April 23, 2017 6:13 PM BST
The joy on here is heartwarming...
Report bobbyjo April 23, 2017 6:37 PM BST
Second half and extra time we put in a  pretty decent performance accepting we got a little lucky with the woodwork.
Nothing I have seen this season would make me do anything but let Ozil walk this summer and spend the wages elsewhere.
Finish the season with 8 wins and give Arsene a proper farewell.
Report dambuster April 23, 2017 7:42 PM BST
Ozil, Giroud , Walcott and RAMSEY must go this season, the money we could get would buy two top players.. Id rather dig up Alf Ramsey and play him as oppose to Aaron, as for Wenger, i really want to like him, but his time has come, and id love to see him leave after winning the FA cup.
but he must announce his departure asap, that way, i really believe the players will give there all for him...
I was very interested in what he said, after the game,
''One day i will explain the problems we have been facing recently'', or words to that effect...
must have a book coming out very soon imo
Report Smiley April 23, 2017 9:30 PM BST
Already signed a new 2 year deal apparently.
Report lurka April 23, 2017 11:06 PM BST
bad result for AFC if it means wenger stays but we knew that already
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2017 12:12 AM BST
the spirit was good today and they all grafted a lot harder, we didnt play brilliantly and the midfield wasnt great but the defenders all had decent games

we massively rode our luck though and could have been 3 or 4-1 down before extra time

chelsea will be a different kettle of fish and to even that up all we can hope for is for wenger to announce its his last game in charge , everyone will be fully behind the team then but will it happen...

sadly no Sad
Report Swiss Franc April 24, 2017 8:08 AM BST
I think the loss of David Silva was one of the most significant
turning points of the game , as he has been Citys best player
this season
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2017 8:57 AM BST
agreed swiss franc

and pretty much everything went our way yesterday

it could happen again against chelsea but its unlikely
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 10:34 AM BST
Smiley 23 Apr 17 21:30 Joined: 03 Oct 02 | Topic/replies: 3,592 | Blogger: Smiley's blog
Already signed a new 2 year deal apparently.

I think i have been telling you that for months
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 10:35 AM BST
in any sport you need luck

SO WHAT ??

We did it

Well done Wenger

It still doesnt mean I think he should stay
Report jon b April 24, 2017 1:04 PM BST
So if its signed whats the reason behind the delay in telling the world, if it doesn't make sense then its probably not true.
That comment about telling us one day was typical Wenger. Great result yesterday and secondly some performances from players not noted for being headlines in general, the Ox again showed his versatility, Holding also showed he can be more than a useful sub and Gab who has been called some names showed he is at least a committed player to the cause. We have the players, with a new man at the helm and one or 2 new recruits incl a real striker this team wouldn,t take as long as Utd did to produce better performances after losing a long term Manager imo
Report jon b April 24, 2017 1:12 PM BST
I to want to like Wenger, in interviews he sort of wins your heart but its been to long now without real challenge for titles, last years 2nd was almost humiliating, that season with all the upheavals at other clubs it was there for the taking, we spanked the winners away but ended up 10 points behind them, other seasons have gone recently where we had the advantage of stability at the club compared with the main big clubs and we not only couldn,t win but we never threatened at all. this will continue under Wenger, we all know that even smiley and Pixie know that but Arsene in his own way has captured their hearts and tbf he had half of mine for a while but lost that last season,s end for sure after a waving period of about 2/3 seasons
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2017 1:30 PM BST
he has the ability to pull off a masterstroke now by announcing the finals his last game , even if he losest he walks away without being sacked or risk being hounded out any longer as it will be over for him there and then,

and just think of the support he would get now for the run in , though probably too late for top 4

and though underdogs in the final it may give us a boost to have a better chance

or alternatively, he signs a new deal , we lose to chelsea and come 6th and more of the same next season and the one after zzzzzz Sad
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 1:37 PM BST
Just waiting for the right moment Jon

Newspaper speculation over new players

Possibly winning the FA Cup

etc etc
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2017 1:38 PM BST
judge i know youre probably right but it will be a disaster for the club
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 1:48 PM BST
Not quite sure ghost that disaster is the right word

I would use the word disappointing
Report Smiley April 24, 2017 1:49 PM BST
Disaster?? You need a big rethink ghostly.

Arsene Wenger is the safest pair of hands in the world. Please explain what disaster could possibly occur?
Report Wesdag April 24, 2017 1:51 PM BST
Don't exactly need to be Sherlock Holmes to know he wants to stay on.

Two more years of regression incoming.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 1:53 PM BST
Did you intend to change usernames smiley

Because you forgot
Report Smiley April 24, 2017 1:58 PM BST
English only please...
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 2:07 PM BST
Did you log in under smiley when you meant to log in under pixie LaughLaugh
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2017 2:44 PM BST
smiley have you been out of the country for the last 12-13 years

safest pair of hands Laugh i dont want someone to look after my safety deposit box or my pension ,  i want someone to run my football team

i sometimes think our fanbase doesnt really deserve any better Plain
Report jon b April 24, 2017 3:22 PM BST
Nice one smiley, people on here could do his job, Arsenal are and have been before he came a big big club in world football, major amount of money to spend, not the most but in the top 4 with regard finance, so he achieve no brownie points for getting us regular top 4 spot as we have the money to buy that, he has to work the magic to make us finish above teams that have bigger spending power here and in Europe, that's where we find out if the man in charge is better than the next man, he hasn,t achieved that for over 13yrs when he had only one to better in the league which was obv Fergie. In those days we had the best striker in world football, Wenger has never replaced him, and his latest striker out and out striker he bought cost 13m, that's like chump change nowadays.  Now we getting silly chatter again like always about big signings and players like Messi and Neymar on the radar, they are on world radar and there,s no way on earth we will outbid other teams for Messi to sign for us but fans will redirect their attention to the possibility of something new happening again, most of us know nowt will change under AW but at the end of the day we will still watch and hope our team wins each game they play whether he,s in charge or someone else comes in which will happen sooner or later
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 3:52 PM BST
We signed John Hartson once
Report jon b April 24, 2017 5:10 PM BST
Francis Jeffers too
Report Wesdag April 24, 2017 6:33 PM BST
Marseille will try to sign Olivier Giroud from Arsenal this summer and are willing to pay up to £20m apparently.

Take the money & run.
Report TheBaron April 24, 2017 7:05 PM BST
Arsenal fans should hope they don't win the FA cup or finish in the top 4.  If they do their fate is sealed till the old man kicks the bucket.
Report TheBaron April 24, 2017 7:10 PM BST
Wenger is the Robert Mugabi of football.  He will never relinquish power.  Barring assassination he's only leaving in a wooden overcoat.
Report Wesdag April 24, 2017 7:13 PM BST
Correct.

Cry
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2017 7:31 PM BST
Assassination LOL
Report lurka April 24, 2017 9:40 PM BST
This season has been a disaster. The summer transfers have been a disaster. Wenger saying there's a reason why this season has been poor but I'm not telling you, maybe I will some day is an insult to fans. The club spouting rumours about Messi/Neymar just when season tickets are due for renewal (for the nth year in a row) is insulting to the fans.

No way these rumours are coming from anywhere else. It is club PR/spin. It is an insult to anyone's intelligence to suggest that Wenger is going to break his wage structure and pay these guys the wages they'd command, never mind the transfer fees, or that they wouldn't see Arsenal as a laughing stock.

Now he has his 3 at the back system, like he's going to change. It's 10 years too late. Always too little too late with him. He's never going to change and still won't have any expectation or pressure to win anything, no accountability for him or the players and no discipline or backbone. He is holding the club back and has been for years. The team is getting gradually worse year after year. Still got no leaders or tough players.
Report Capt__F April 24, 2017 11:29 PM BST
^ who would you prefer as Manager ?
Report lurka April 25, 2017 7:40 AM BST
anyone at this stage really. even if the club had to take a step backwards which i doubt would happen given the resources available i wouldn't mind. not so much about winning major trophies but trying to. Not so much about being successful for fans, rather the hope that we might be and you don't get that with Wenger.

Allegri of Juve was linked, wouldn't mind him at all and he might be attainable. Someone who knows how to make the team solid and grind out wins where necessary would be great. You need to be able to do that if you want to win the big prizes.

A new manager would deserve some time to sort things out. Wenger doesn't deserve any - he's had 10 years and sat on his hands and stood still. Too lte now and not healthy to have a guy who the board and everyone else at the club is afraid of.
Report jon b April 25, 2017 8:53 AM BST
3 at the back system, has it worked ?, yes we won those 2 games but did the system protect the keeper better and reduce chances against us?, not for me it didn,t, nowts changed there.
Agree with LUrka, almost anyone new will do, it doesn,t have to be a massive name, just someone who knows the game well and can adapt as and when. Man U were an aging team when Fergie left, many 30 plus players were done with their playing time, it needed a total rebuild and Brendon wasn,t given the money to do it, we just need tweaking in a few spots and a new inspiration. Arsene promised a title in 3 yrs, never happened and not even a challenge for one, there are better football brains out there than AW, he should retire happy knowing he has done his best and helped make a big club a global brand, now let someone else try and build a team that can bring some real success on the field too.

Giroud 20m, yep that's a good start, take it and try and find buyers for about 3/4 more.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 25, 2017 9:00 AM BST
WHEN he stays not a chance of selling Giroud
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now