Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JUDGE JUDY
29 Dec 07 18:40
| Topic/replies: 2,050 | Blogger: JUDGE JUDY's blog
Ok we have had 'THE SPUDS FILES'

and

EVERTON TRANSFER STUFf

but

Now for the Daddy of them all:-

ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT

The team with the greatest support on here should be able to rival those

HHG you can kick it off

JJ ;)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ARSENAL CHIT-CHAT............
Show More
Report mesmerised April 20, 2018 5:47 PM BST
Burnely will be packed out for his last home game.

He's definitely tainted his legacy by staying too long, and has left a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths, I was on the streets of Islington in 2004 watching the trophy parade, if somebody had told me then he'd be virtually hounded out at the end of his tenure, I'd never of believed it.

But it's not over is it, the parasite Kroneke needs to be bought out, he's the biggest problem, if the next manager gets top 4 but no trophies or just domestic cups, we're stuck with him for years as we were with Wenger, that's why Kroenke has acted now, Wenger no longer delivers top 4.

Every Arsenal player I've heard from the past says the same thing, in training Wenger never worked on the defence, it was all attack based training, that's been the biggest problem, how can you also have a captain as quiet and introverted as Koscielny? even Walcott was captain for a few games.

All over anyway, it's liberation day.
Report mesmerised April 20, 2018 5:48 PM BST
it's over with Wenger I should say.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 20, 2018 5:50 PM BST
Vive le France
Report Wesdag April 20, 2018 5:57 PM BST
Wenger always thought his squad was much better than it was.

The summer he brought in Cech, AFC were the only team in Europe's top 5 leagues not to bring in a single outfield player.

Now Kroneke may be tight, but I believe there has always been money to strengthen but Wenger has chosen not to spend it preferring to keep everyone happy - just like one big happy family.
Report mafeking April 20, 2018 6:18 PM BST
strange that he went from having loads of big nasty barstewards in the side in the early years to packing it full of tippy tappy little players
Report lurka April 20, 2018 6:29 PM BST
The players should improve now and they'll say it's because they want to give it all for Wenger before he goes, but the reality is a lot of them will be playing for their futures.
Report dambuster April 20, 2018 6:46 PM BST
I've wanted Wenger out for 8 years, But Brendan Rogers !!! Do me a fu ck1ng favour , i'd rather have Ted Rogers and he's been dead 20 years.
Simeone
Allegri
Tuchel
Conte
Dyche
thats my list, But let everyone get behind the team and send him out on a high, he deserves that...i think every goal that we score, the player will celebrate with Wenger....
Lets hope he don't do a Fergie and stay Shocked
Report Swiss Franc April 20, 2018 7:22 PM BST
It seems that we have Son of Stan Josh Kroenke to thank/ blame for
AWs departure . Kroenke was posted to London to give Daddy a non biased
opinion of what was really happening at the Emirates & I assume the report
stated that the ship was fast sinking & the only way to save us was to get rid of
the headcoach, hopefully all backroom staff & in time the board --Stan will never sell ,imo
& so he can leave hs flesh& blood to oversee everything

Josh Kroenke is a huge fan of TW14 & maybe too early as head coach but expect him
to play  a big part as we forge ahead in the future
Report Wesdag April 20, 2018 9:11 PM BST
Theo? LaughCry
Report Swiss Franc April 20, 2018 9:15 PM BST
Whoops CrazyBlush

Schoolboy error
Obviously meant Thiery Henry
Report lybertyne April 20, 2018 9:54 PM BST
Joachim Löw with some sort of coaching role for Adams, Seaman, Vieira and Henry.
Report akabula April 20, 2018 11:01 PM BST
Celtic announced that they would let Arsenal speak to Brenda.
Surely you would want a 'big name' manager.
Report ghostlygunner April 20, 2018 11:51 PM BST
people trying to back wenger in the next manager market    wtf !
Report montyspass April 21, 2018 12:22 AM BST
Probably another good decision to go, enjoy the break, the world Cup and allow the kreonkes Ivan and chips and the other cronies carry the can.

Bon chance Arsene
Report inca April 21, 2018 12:35 AM BST
Brendan Rodgers FAV for job,you should really watch what you wish for!!!
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 7:32 AM BST
A PROMISE

As you know I havent been for a couple of seasons but still have my season tickets

IF WE HAVE BRENDON RODGERS AS MANAGER I WILL SELL THOSE SEASON TICKETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report lurka April 21, 2018 8:22 AM BST
Enrique is fav, not Rodgers
Report jmdc April 21, 2018 8:27 AM BST
What a wonderful tribute by Ian Wright, a man who has stood by Wenger through thick and thin.  I am fcking speechless!!!
Report mesmerised April 21, 2018 8:44 AM BST
tbf to Wright, he bit his tongue for many years, but it came to a point where he was starting to look stupid doing so. He is one of the more loyal one's Tony Adams over the years was more scathing - to a point of disrespect, Wright was never that.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 9:53 AM BST
Enrique yes

Tom Rodgers NOOOOOOOO
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 10:05 AM BST
Apparantly it’s Ted Rodgers not Tom lol

I am losing it
Report enpassant April 21, 2018 10:18 AM BST
Adams -  Legend of a player but that is where it MUST end.
Report DeSSieReborn April 21, 2018 10:33 AM BST
This is the job Alan Curbishley has been waiting so patiently for......
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 10:41 AM BST
Good work Dessie
Report morpteh mackem April 21, 2018 10:45 AM BST
pardew and mclaren dream team being lined up
Report lovegod April 21, 2018 11:14 AM BST
Surely it's Mark Hughes job once he gets Southampton relegated.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 11:49 AM BST
Here are all the jokers lol
Report JUDGE JUDY April 21, 2018 11:54 AM BST
And a blunderland fan taking the mickey

You really couldn’t make it up !!!! LaughLaugh

Report enpassant April 22, 2018 1:03 PM BST
Lot of players in the team today that, if they got injured, it would be a disaster.
Report lurka April 22, 2018 1:17 PM BST
Starting his only EL striker with Auba on bench?
Report enpassant April 22, 2018 1:22 PM BST
It doesn't make any sense at all.
Report enpassant April 22, 2018 1:27 PM BST
The only possible reason is AL wants minutes to sharpen his game for AM but it is a huge risk as bambi is also injury prone. The possibility of having to play Eddie up front v AM is scary.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 2:05 PM BST
First job of the new manager is to get rid of Danny Welbeck

How bad is he
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 2:05 PM BST
First job of the new manager is to get rid of Danny Welbeck

How bad is he
Report mesmerised April 22, 2018 2:23 PM BST
It will be interesting to see which players the new manager does and doesn't keep, and how he gets a tune out of the ones he does.

I can't see any new manager wanting Welbeck, Mustafi, El Neny and Iwobi.

Though personally I'd have keep Iwobi and he's a confidence player, seems players at Arsenal lose confidence under Wenger.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 3:30 PM BST
Easy in the end
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2018 3:38 PM BST
id probably keep two of who started today , ramsey and lacazette  plus aubameyang ozil and miki to come back

so a massive clear out needed

its going to take time thats for sure
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 3:55 PM BST
Kos ?

Monreal ???????????
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 3:55 PM BST
How could  you not keep monreal ?
Report JUDGE JUDY April 22, 2018 3:57 PM BST
Kola ?

Needs a run in the team imho
Report enpassant April 22, 2018 4:02 PM BST
I'd give almost all of them a chance under a coach that coaches. But if we start a clearout it shouldn't include our best defender Monreal.
Report ghostlygunner April 22, 2018 4:28 PM BST
i think monreal has been our best player this season , so yes maybe him and kos but i was thinking a bit more long term , they both need replacing soon
Report Swiss Franc April 22, 2018 9:59 PM BST
I hope the new man will realise v quickly how hopeless Iwobi & Xhaka are
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 12:04 AM BST
or, he could get a tune out of them, either way we will find out if they are indeed, hopeless.

I would rather go back to the 1-0 to the Arsenal days, we've had pretty football, bored of it, the defence needs sorting out more than anything. Allegri would be the man, Simeone I don't think is interesting, never heard him speak a word of English either.

Hopefull Wilshere sign a new deal and is made captain, whatever you think of him at least he can be vocal, more so than Koscielny.
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 7:31 AM BST
despite being given a dignified exit which he probably doesnt deserve any longer  (he would have done if he d left years ago) he still came across a s a very bitter old man yesterday , blaming everyone but himself yet again and having no idea how **** a team hes leaving behind
Report Swiss Franc April 23, 2018 8:20 AM BST
Agree with Ghostly re AWs bitterness
In the post match press conference he blamed the fans for
"lack of unity " with the club tarnishing our name but never seems to
question his own decisions ie starting Xhaka in every game & making Iwobi
Look even worse as the season progressed
Who is to blame for some awful signings & premature departures , although his purchases of
AL,PEA & HM look all sound
Report lurka April 23, 2018 9:05 AM BST
Wenger blaming the fans for forcing him out. Always someone else's fault and no analysis of why the fans were angry. Wouldn't give him much credit for HM and PEA, I'd say they were Sven's choices mainly and that he was more influential in getting them to sign.
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 9:42 AM BST
swiss it goes back way further than xhaka and iwobi , how about stepanovs cygan denilson bendtner etc

its been going on for 10-12 years , otherwise if this was happening in 2008 he would deserve every plaudit coming his way

watching sky yesterday you d think we d imagined the last 10 years

i dont think he realises hes extremely lucky not to have faced the embarrassment of being fired on the spot many times over

and also to to get this dignified exit which he quite frankly doesnt deserve after signing that extension last summer despite over 75% of the fans wanting him gone THEN let alone now

great shame as i once respected him greatly but now hes not only not a very good manager anymore hes a bitter selfish old man
Report jon b April 23, 2018 10:04 AM BST
Had a busy weekend guys, heard the news while travelling North Friday, listened to talksport for 2 hrs in the car.
I see the thread been busy since, busy picking the new manager and getting rid of all the players and starting over too. I say plenty of our squad need to be given a chance under whoever takes over, players can improve bundles under the right leader, look at Sterling at City for a start, so lets give these guys a chance. And now we can at least all get behind the team for this Thursday night comp rather than wondering if he,l sign another 2 yr deal if we won the thing. I think we,l beat this lot on Thursday and at least take a lead over there, that's my hope anyway and I wasn,t overly impressed with them last round anyway.
Gonna find a market on who he manages next, gonna have a punt on an International team Ive got an idea about, and I aint sharing it until I'm on Grin
Report jon b April 23, 2018 10:06 AM BST
Ghosty , I think you,l find he signed and sold over 100 players, the list of average ones could be a lot bigger than that handful listed  lol
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 10:16 AM BST
we can definitely cause atletico a few problems though theyre good defensively but we ve got away with some awful defending in the last few games

the opposition hasnt had the quality to take advantage , west ham , southampton cska moscow even stoke  ,   atletico will be more ruthless and we wont be able to gift them any advantage

but as i ve been advocating for ages , at least everyone should now want a result as what a platform for the new man to have c/l football

i cant see it as even wenger leaving doesnt disguise the **** team hes left behind for all the effort in the world but you never know

up the gunners
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 10:57 AM BST
Imo, the years 06-09 you could allow Wenger some leverage because of the stadium move, not that that really affected the likes of Juve but still.

Since 2009/2010 season, I'd put the signings into the following

The Good     The Bad     The Ugly     Jury Out
Koscielny     Mertesacker     Chemakh     Oxlade-Chamberlain
Monreal     Gervinho     Santos     Vermaelen
Cazorla     Jenkinson     Squillachi     Giroud
Ozil     Welbeck     Sanogo     Podolski
Sanchez     Chambers     -     Gabrielle
Cech     E Neney     -     Debauchy
Aubameyang     Mustafi     -     Ospina
Lacazette     Xhaka     -     Holding
-     -     -     Perez
-     -     -     Mkhitaryan
-     -     -     Kolasinac
Report lybertyne April 23, 2018 11:06 AM BST
Mertesacker has 104 caps for Germany so can't be that bad.  Don't forget his performance in the cup final after having played about half an hour all season.

Giroud was underrated.

Mkhitarian has already shown signs of being a quality player.
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 11:10 AM BST
Mertesacker hasn't been a good signing for us overall, I've no idea how he has that many caps but the German coaches know more than me.

At the World Cup in 2014 he had to be dropped because of his performances, maybe that's when his decline was setting in as we got him at a bad time, he has looked way too slow for this league and been at fault for some really poor defensive marking that has led to goals.
Report jon b April 23, 2018 11:46 AM BST
Yep Id agree ref Merty, he obv was decent at some stage but that was before he joined us, in that world cp he was left out after the first group game and basically had a cameo role after that opener.
Giroud was def under rated overall and by me too, for 13m  he proved good value for money though.
Also not convinced we had to sell top players to finance the move, I think those players wanted away at those times to go onto win things elsewhere, I think some of them knew that Wenger wasn,t the man many think he has been.
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 11:59 AM BST
I'm looking forward to the new season, the new manager needs to be given 2 seasons, he needs at least 3 transfer windows to get in and out who he does and doesn't want.

But have to say again, please not Rogers, the fact I'm hearing Wenger is being consulted on the next appointment is worrying.
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 12:06 PM BST
mhkhitariyan and aubameyang had nothing to do with wenger , i think he was taken off transfers a while back

the situation re sanchez is frustrating as we d love to still have him now but i guess he couldnt wait as long as us

giroud i feel we ve let go to cheap but to be fair that might not have been wengers decision and id rather have aubameyang if that was the choice
Report lurka April 23, 2018 1:08 PM BST
Some of the players have looked awful over the years but a lot of that is down to a complete lack of organisation defensively and nobody having specific jobs or knowing what they should be doing when the other team have the ball, no organisation of the back line as a unit etc. Get a manager in who sorts that and the squad won't look half as bad. Need a few leaders in key areas still though.
Report Storm Alert April 23, 2018 1:17 PM BST
Interesting seeing mesmerised list.

I thought Mertesacker & Welbeck were good buys for the money paid.  Ox and Giroud good as well.  Giroud's goal/game ratio nothing to be sneezed at and delivered as a sub as well, which a lot of players can't do. I know Walcott was earlier... I would have him in an under performed category quite a few could go in their.

When Wenger was giving his lack of unity speech I was thinking the fans were actually quite unified tbh for a few years now. Laugh
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 1:23 PM BST
Laugh
Report Wesdag April 23, 2018 1:28 PM BST
Highly amusing to see the deluded one moaning about us pesky fans.

The day won't come soon enough when this arrogant coont finally fcuks off.
Report Wesdag April 23, 2018 1:42 PM BST
*pesky fans getting him the sack
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 1:51 PM BST
someone said to me yesterday you need someone to play football as good as wenger

im not sure , i think in a twisted way id love to see some proper defending again , havent seen it since george?

actually is he available :-)

allegri or simeone for me
Report JUDGE JUDY April 23, 2018 4:23 PM BST
A matter of interest when the crowd sang Wenger’s  name  yesterday did he acknowledge them?
Report dambuster April 23, 2018 8:43 PM BST
Whats going to happen to Bould, will he be given a defensive roll ?
will he continue to put the cones out for the new manager ?
or will he go?
Report mesmerised April 23, 2018 10:22 PM BST
The new man will probably want to bring in his own staff, hard to know how much or little Bould actually did.
Report montyspass April 23, 2018 11:21 PM BST
Joechim pick your noes and eat it Loew!
Report ghostlygunner April 23, 2018 11:38 PM BST
arteta would be a very odd choice indeed at this stage for a job of this magnitude
Report anxious April 23, 2018 11:56 PM BST
Arteta being backed now for Arsenal
Report lurka April 24, 2018 6:51 AM BST
Arteta - says that Wenger has a role in selecting the next man. A poor leader and no experience in management, but a great Wenger man. Please no.

I can't see the board giving it to an inexperienced man, although it is likely Kroenke's decision ultimately. I think they will want someone with a great CV and to be seen not to be appointing anyone risky and inexperienced. Hopefully Sven has some input, as he seems to know what is required and Wenger being taken off transfers etc recently hopefully means he won't have too much influence.
Report sonofshinner April 24, 2018 7:13 AM BST
big liabillity but brendon rogers must be a certain lay.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2018 7:29 AM BST
RODGERS AND ARTETA

THE DREAM TEAM
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2018 7:35 AM BST
i see the likes of henry, vieira and arteta as potential future managers but surely only no2s at this stage?

my hope is that we are going for allegri but cant at the moment due to the italian title race or for simeone but after the europa league

fingers crossed
Report black shuck April 24, 2018 8:49 AM BST
The replacement will be german..perm one of two
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2018 9:02 AM BST
looks like ancelotti can be crossed off , cant see him turning down the italy job

to be honest anyone that was currently not busy would have been announced by now

so id be surpirsed if it was low as we could have announced he was coming after the world cup

do you think nagelsmann then black shuck?

my moneys still on allegri but he seems weak in the market for some reason :-(
Report black shuck April 24, 2018 9:58 AM BST
Its just that ozils signed willingly to a club which at the time was in major turmoil...as if he knew a countryman was coming..my twopeneth..i have been wrong before..in fact...almost exclusively Cry
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2018 10:02 AM BST
you know what it may even be that ozil hasnt been playing as wenger saw him as another reason behind him being forced out

its a bit much that he has a cold every couple of weeks on £300,000 a week !

maybe he wouldnt sign a new deal unless he knew a new manager was coming , who knows?
Report black shuck April 24, 2018 10:04 AM BST
Wow...just read the replacement is only getting 50 mill for new players..thats like 1 player...simeone would need a whole new defence and defensive midfield...so thats him out
Report pixie April 24, 2018 10:19 AM BST
They'll get a lot more than £50m. Even Leicester will probably spend more than that.
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 10:25 AM BST
Simeone wouldn't much for a defence, he can organise a good defence on the cheap as he usually does, never heard him speak English however.
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 10:25 AM BST
wouldn't need much
Report Blackrock April 24, 2018 12:06 PM BST
We need to appoint a top manager not an ex player with limited managerial experience. So who on the board has the slightest clue about football to make an informed decision on our next manager?

Poor old Brendan Rogers taking a right coating on here. At least he's been nearer to winning the league in recent years than Le Fraud has.

Jon b - you must be thinking that Wenger will take over at San Marino or the Faroe Isles? Can't fault your logic there.
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 12:12 PM BST
I've no idea why Tochel is being touted by some, 1 domestic cup in Germany is not enough to take over a club like Arsenal, Ancelotti, Allegri would be more fitting, Anyone that can organise a defence.
Report enpassant April 24, 2018 2:11 PM BST
Artetea is said to be Gazidis' preferred choice. If that were the case it would be because he would be a yes man for the money men. No former player is in a position to take the job imo. I had a look at Enrique and it was a little concerning : I'm still hoping it's Allegri but Napoli's win would delay that announcement.
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Arteta doesn't strike me a a leader of men, now is definitely not the time for a novice.
Report JUDGE JUDY April 24, 2018 4:22 PM BST
It’s Brendan for me
It’s Brendan for me
Not Rogers the guy from strictly come dancing  Cry

Nothing would surprise me
Report jon b April 24, 2018 9:38 PM BST
I wouldn,t mind the board hijacking the Belgium boss and his legendary sidekick, happy days imo, having TH14 back in the fold would be great for the fans  and the established  squad and also the young blood coming through, that's the right move for me. btw Id rather have Ted over Arteta sideways passer all day long, what a fcuking joke that would be.
Report jon b April 24, 2018 9:39 PM BST
Not quite Blacky with ya 2 guesses which obv are you having a little chuckle
Report enpassant April 24, 2018 9:42 PM BST
Martinez was very poor for Everton. Not many legends have gone back to their club to manage and made good.
Report jon b April 24, 2018 9:42 PM BST
And if the board had had some real rollocks about them and got rid of him earlier we,d already have the right man in place, Jurgen klopp doing great things at Liverpool and for me the Manager of the season and most improved team this year and balanced books over last 2 season,s too, spent nowt
Report jon b April 24, 2018 9:51 PM BST
Martinez I thought done ok at Everton for what would be expected of them around that time anyway, he is still younger now than when Wenger joined us  but has plenty of experience, he,s a way better option than Arteta for sure. How many players have tried to manage and manage the club they played for, I wouldn,t know numbers on that but cant be that many
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 10:03 PM BST
Martinez is literally the worst choice because the one thing Arsenal need is a well organised defence.

09/10 - Wigan - conceded 79 in 38 games
10/11 - Wigan - conceded 61 in 38 games
11/12 - Wigan - conceded 62 in 38 games
12/13 - Wigan - conceded 73 in 38 games
13/14 - Everton - conceded 39 in 38 games
14/15 - Everton- conceded 50 in 38 games
15/16 - Everton- conceded 55 in 38 games

Would rather Tony Pulis.
Report ghostlygunner April 24, 2018 10:44 PM BST
i thought martinez finished 5th at everton , look at them now

and his wigan fa cup win (which we re told are major trophies by the wengerites)  over man city was nothing short of a miracle

plus i think he could be a world cup winning manager soon :-)

got his weaknesses yes but far better than we ve been used to for 10 years

still allegri for me though
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 10:46 PM BST
yeah that was his first season, went down hill from there.

Martinez just has a bad feel to it, really prefer an Allegri or Ancelotti or Zidane.
Report jon b April 24, 2018 11:07 PM BST
Most teams that finish outside the top 6 will concede 50 plus goals every season Mes, of course there are bigger names out there to choose from, in comparison the Arteta  he,s a shoe in for me over him all day. Anyway we,l all know who it will be soon enough I suppose
Report mesmerised April 24, 2018 11:26 PM BST
That's correct Jon, but after the last 12 years of sloppy defending, and pointlessly 'recycling' the ball in order to score the perfect goal, it's time for someone a bit different, Arsene's first 10 years of success was built on counter attacking football, would love to see that again. Literally every time we used to go forward at Highbury with the likes of Pires and Ljungberg bombing down the wings, Paddy and Henry through the centre it felt like it was going to be a goal or at least a shot on goal. If Wenger hadn't of gone down this Barca route of tippy tappy footy, he's still be a in a job, it really is a classic case of if it's not broke, don't fix it, football never caught Wenger up, he simply slowed his pace and took his foot of the pedal instead, that was his biggest mistake, changing the style and the player type around 2006, I'll never know why. The only pleasure I've got out of Arsenal's recent regression is Arsenal Fan TV, their rants get it out of my system for me, lol. Looking forward to a new dawn. Hopefully it's not a novice, really need an establish, trophy hungry manager in charge, a big fish like Ancelotti or Allegri is fine for me.

Kind Regards.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now