Forums

Your Competitions

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Whippin Piccadilly
16 Feb 22 15:33
| Topic/replies: 7,312 | Blogger: Whippin Piccadilly's blog
With a couple of third places finishes in the league and then going onto fill the runners up spot in the inaugural Team Tipster Cup. It's high time we put a 1 next to our name.  Sign in chaps! Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View *****The Shrewdies Are Back In Town...
Show More
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 7, 2022 10:52 PM BST
We've snatched defeat from the Jaws of victory! lol No worries lads, we'll get 'em next round Cool
Report HallGreenSpy May 9, 2022 11:14 AM BST
Great winner noc.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 9, 2022 1:15 PM BST
From this week I would like the wildcard used by the close of play on Friday. I will save Noc's for Saturday. So if you've posted your selection in the week and you're sweet on another one? Then feel free to use the wildcard. Just post on this thread with a little reasoning. Good luck this week lads. Btw, form figures of 121 would look nice.....Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 10, 2022 3:35 PM BST
Nice one Chav! Now you've come in from the cold. Feel free to use the wildcard this week. GL
Report HallGreenSpy May 10, 2022 5:06 PM BST
vwd chav. Great start!
Report onthehoy May 12, 2022 1:05 PM BST
just catching up after a 3 day break
canny start to the week for us, nice winner at 9/2 chavman

I’m going for an EW shot today, currently at 7/1,
WELL PLANTED – 4:25 Perth
Turned form upside down on penultimate run with a win in a 2m1½f novice hurdle and followed up with a decent effort back in handicap company over today’s C&D, finishing 1¼ lengths behind today’s fav., Jackhammer
I reckon should be thereabouts today in current form and with slight pull in the weights with the fav.
Report HallGreenSpy May 12, 2022 8:57 PM BST
Looked very good for a while that oth. More points on the board. Well done. Jackhammer as you mentioned, won quite well in the end.
Report SontaranStratagem May 12, 2022 10:08 PM BST
Great stuff chav and OTH Cool

Broken Spear EW I think will be mine, course winner and always runs well on these types of tracks, defiantly back to a winning mark now as well so if it runs to its potential it can go close tomorrow.
Report onthehoy May 13, 2022 12:05 PM BST
Good Luck SontaranStratagem
I just realised I have gone against you with my selection, Safran, in the Naps league, so I’ll have to put a reverse forecast on
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 13, 2022 2:34 PM BST
Good stuff OTH. I offered Chav the wildcard but he's not got back to me. So feel free to use it this week. GL team!
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 13, 2022 4:36 PM BST
WD WINNERS

Rathbone for me tomorrow at Thirsk!
Report chavman May 14, 2022 10:18 AM BST
thanks for the wild card WP

going for rebel at dawn 5.20 nmkt
Report HallGreenSpy May 14, 2022 11:18 AM BST
Struggled to find owt this week so today has to be the day. If this 5.04 race at Newbury was over 2 furlongs further I'd be having a right go on this horse. Having said that, if they go a good pace, may still well be good enough. Goes very well fresh so first run in 217 days not an issue. SINJAARI ew. GL all.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 14, 2022 12:19 PM BST
Yours was a noner, wasn't it Sont? Go again, Sir. I see what you mean about the trip for Sinjaari. He does have a touch of class about him so he might get away it if they really push on up front. Like your one Swad. The jockey has only had one ride before but this horse goes well for such riders and Kevin Ryan wouldn't put him up if he didn't think he could do a job.  Plenty of money around for it Chav. I like one in that race too. Rolfe Rembrandt. Always thought he was a soft ground horse but he was a revelation on fast going LTO. I like 2 in the 2.45 Newbury - Mr Big Stuff who looks ahead of the handicapper and Wineglass Bay who I think will improve plenty for the step up in trip.
I'm still finalising my selection and Noc's wildcard. GL today chaps! Cool
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 14, 2022 4:10 PM BST
Followed you in Swad...commentator Eddie Mushed it! Cry
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 5:33 PM BST
Sorry guys I only just seen that ffs

Left us one short unless someone jumped in with another wildcard
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 5:37 PM BST
Cheers whip just seen Happy

I usually check fir none runners but was out this early for the Forest game
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 14, 2022 5:43 PM BST
Thats the 2nd time in this comp ive been caled the winner on comms to erm...come 2nd Wink
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 14, 2022 6:18 PM BST
UL Swad. I backed it to win. Frustrating day at the office, backed a few that when short in running but couldn't get the job done. Sorry Sont, wasted your pick, again he looked the winner 200yds out. Grabbed a few place points with  Noc's. Work to do. I will give HGS & OTH the wildcards next week. GL lads, see you next week.
Report SontaranStratagem May 14, 2022 8:43 PM BST
It probably ran beter than mine would have done anyway whip Laugh

Good place points with the other though
Report onthehoy May 15, 2022 5:06 AM BST
Well done the points scorers
unlucky swaddle, I thought it had won
We just need a couple of big winners to challenge the leaders, no pressure Laugh
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 15, 2022 2:55 PM BST
cheers Sont. We'll need a few big priced ones next week. I will be sure to put one at 10/1+ because the current leaders will get at least 400pts.....work to do! Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 15, 2022 9:48 PM BST
Might as well go for the 20/1+ then

I think thats always best in this comp because theres so many that find big priced winners esp in summer
Report HallGreenSpy May 16, 2022 11:33 AM BST
wp scorers. Bleedin non runners made mine 2 places and you can guess the rest. Angry Need a big un this week.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 16, 2022 1:46 PM BST
Yeah, if you find one at double figures Sont, then by all means go for it. I'm going to post one up at 10/1+ If the current leaders win this round, the comp is as good as over. Yours ran an excellent race over an inadequate trip HGS, UL with the noner ruining the place part.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 16, 2022 1:48 PM BST
Yourself and OTH have the wildcards this week so feel free to get a little creative with them. Grin
Report onthehoy May 17, 2022 11:32 AM BST
As we need a few points to get near the leaders, I think it could be worth going for Sir Duke (EW) in the 1:30 Brighton (priced between 20 - 28 on oddschecker)

Has had 3 runs since changing yards, putting in a decent effort last time out in only his 2nd run on turf (2¼ lengths 3rd of 8 over 5½f, GF)
Down 2lbs for today’s run and stepping up in distance can hopefully see him at least make the first 3 at decent odds
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 17, 2022 12:55 PM BST
GL OTH. He's ran some OK races and like you say the handicapper dropping him 2lbs and the step up in trip might just see him run into the places. The 1.40 at Nottingham is a very interesting race. There's a couple in the race who will leave last season's form behind today and go well at big prices.......
Report onthehoy May 17, 2022 2:13 PM BST
No points from my selection, Sir Duke, for finishing 11th of 13 !

I only have 2 more selections running today, one is not worth putting up for this comp. at the short odds of 10/11 and I am still undecided about my other selection, Shaws Bridge – 5:33 Hexham (10/1), reverts to hurdling off a decent mark after some really poor efforts when sent chasing.
I’ll see what competition he is up against then decide whether to go for it or wait for later in the week (see how the opposition does!)
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 17, 2022 5:29 PM BST
Tried to make it a stamina test on a horse who has suspect stamina at the trip? Strange ride! Nothing for me this evening. Will be looking at a couple from Kempton's evening card on Weds. Looks a very competitive card and the 2 I like have been priced up at 10s+
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 19, 2022 12:02 PM BST
Here is my fancy tonight

Suits to be forward at Chelms

The last race a 5furlong jobby has very little early in it.

Pretty Shiftwell will have a chance off the front.

Gl with your picks all.
Report HallGreenSpy May 19, 2022 12:23 PM BST
Finding it tough again this week to find one, let alone two, so might be worth giving the wildcard to someone else WP? I've nowt for today Sad
Report SontaranStratagem May 19, 2022 10:05 PM BST
Ill be picking tomorrow.

Agreed on that HGS today was shocking personally, wanted to find one at Sandown tonight but it was smallish fields with nothing decent price wise
Report SontaranStratagem May 19, 2022 10:09 PM BST
Im thinking Grifter again because it was staying on strongly last time and took 2nd close home

Decent orice again and its always a trier at least
Report SontaranStratagem May 19, 2022 10:10 PM BST
1m up to 1m2 which should suit it
Report HallGreenSpy May 20, 2022 12:19 PM BST
Gonna throw a speculative one in. Cherry Cola ew in the 4.30 Goodwood. Goshen, worthy fav, could easily throw a wobbly as has done before and is making the market. Cherry a 5lb pull with the 2nd fav Saratoga Gold (Mellow magic finished 2nd and has a 7lb claimer on today which is a worry) ffrom it's last run, and she won't mind any rain The trainer had a big priced winner earlier in the week. Doubts about the extra 2 furlongs but should stay it imo. Tis 25/1 at the mo which seems fair. GL
Report onthehoy May 20, 2022 1:05 PM BST
I will play my wildcard today and go for SPANISH STAR to take his 3rd win at Goodwood

Improved on 2nd run after a break with a 2¾ lengths 2nd of 8 over 6f (didn’t get the clearest of runs 1f out) - A 2 times winner at Goodwood, over 6f (Sft), has winning form over 7f (Gd)
remains on the same mark for today’s run (7f) and can, hopefully, go one better and get the better of the short priced favourite

He will be a place bet for me today (currently 2.62) but for this comp., as we need a few points, I will put him up as a win selection (8/1)

Spanish Star – 2:45 Goodwood
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 20, 2022 1:41 PM BST
I know what you mean HGS. Not many I've fancied this week myself. But today is looking much better (one form my notebook just slotted in) Noc messaged me and he's back from his Hols now so if you'd rather I let him use it tomorrow or you could could come up with one together? Let's see what we need points wise. But if yours and OTH go in today, it would make things a little easier for us. Grin Goshen has his going now but like you say, he can get out of bed the wrong way some days. Yours and SG (shouldn't really stay with his sire Mayson but he's improving for the step up in trip it seems!) can take advantage if he's not at it today. Like yours OTH, likes this track and he will relish the going. GL lads. Was going to put Lawful Command up...I posted about him winning with a bit up his sleeve LTO. I'm looking for something at an even bigger price though. GL lads.
Report nocturnal May 20, 2022 2:43 PM BST
GL,today.

Stick-with-the-plan,might-need-a-biggie-tomorrow,we-will-see.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 20, 2022 4:24 PM BST
Ran a decent race OTH. The winner looks a bit better than a handicapper. Sorry Sont, didn't see your pick. If he gets the trip? Then he must go very close here because a few of these aren't the most resolute in a finish!
Report chavman May 20, 2022 9:11 PM BST
Have a selection tomorrow
Report HallGreenSpy May 21, 2022 11:37 AM BST
Didn't get the trip after all. Over to you noc. Don't fancy owt today mesen. GL.
Report nocturnal May 21, 2022 12:01 PM BST
Thanks HGS .... Looks a difficult day,with rain about yesterday adding to the mix.

Looks like we need a big priced winner to trouble the judge.

Plenty of racing to find one,narrowing it down is the hard part.

Which race Chav? ... Will avoid that race if possible.

GL today.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 21, 2022 12:14 PM BST
Good day lads. Yes, Noc, there is plenty of competitive racing on today so there will be a few at a price going in...which ones though, that's the question! Looking at a few, Calling The Wind can take advantage at Goodwood if Lone Eagle isn't ready to fly today. We might need one at a bigger price though. Sows & G. Express in the last make plenty of appeal but some other shrewdies have ruin their prices! Outgate & City Runner both looed a spot of value this morning at the EP's at Haydock and I've already had a 1pt on each at 11s & 25s. Any thoughts on the day's racing, Noc?
Report onthehoy May 21, 2022 1:08 PM BST
Top spot this week may be out of our reach, but a couple of winners could see us take second or at least hold on to 3rd spot

Good Luck with today’s selections
Report chavman May 21, 2022 1:09 PM BST
Starshiba 5.15 e/w
Report nocturnal May 21, 2022 1:15 PM BST
A few possibles Captain,like to those earlier times,as you know I,m not a fan of many Coc.

Probably be last race at York,that looks wide open on paper,also like one in the Haydock opener.

Some decent class handicaps to get stuck into,gently gently is the plan.
Report nocturnal May 21, 2022 1:25 PM BST
Just seen Chavs race .... Time for a re-think Laugh
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 21, 2022 2:44 PM BST
Another excellent ride from Probert. Horse and jockey should be in your notebook Grin
Report nocturnal May 21, 2022 2:46 PM BST
5-15 york ... Golden Apollo Win

Same race as Chav,nothing else appealed at a price,gone win only.

GL Chav/WP
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 21, 2022 2:57 PM BST
I'm going for Sows in the last at Goodwood. We need a winner at a price so I'll be going Win. Moss Gill was another that was kind of interesting at a price at Haydock in their big race.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 21, 2022 6:53 PM BST
Sows ran a nice race but I couldn't have the 2 who finished in front of her at any price! Just playing for 2nd now and that doesn't make much appeal so I will just throw my selections up from here on in. Thanks for your all efforts lads.
Report onthehoy May 26, 2022 12:44 PM BST
Hope to get some points on board with an Each Way selection today (8/1)

Never Dark – 3:10 Haydock
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 27, 2022 12:43 PM BST
My dart is strange and speculative

Modest horse.

330 Carlisle Basholo

Run on past beaten ones EW
Report SontaranStratagem May 27, 2022 5:41 PM BST
80/1 3rd good shout swad Cool

Mine was 4th (same race) but was glad yours pipped mine into 3rd as 80s beats 14s SillyCool
Report madhatters May 27, 2022 8:45 PM BST
RPR jt top rated Swad
Fook knows how
Barclay carrots
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 28, 2022 9:51 AM BST
For me the proximity it was finishing in similar races without getting the run of the race at all.

They cant of fancied it went 33 to 133 pre off.

WD Hulk.
Report nocturnal May 28, 2022 10:32 AM BST
WP Swad/Chav

4-05 haydock ...  Mitrosonfire EW
Report HallGreenSpy May 28, 2022 11:52 AM BST
Brilliant swad. Im doing contact today 2.20 Haydock. Couldn't fail to be impressed last time.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 28, 2022 1:16 PM BST
Good stuff, Swad. I hope you had a nice bet in the place market on here. Cool GL HGS & Noc. Any thoughts for the wildcard? Not having many bets today but I like the look of the old boy Restorer in the last at Chester. He looks like he's running back into form, likes the track, and has been dropped a lb for his latest effort which looks solid in the context of this race. The negs, I like him better at 10f and the jockey is very inexperienced.
Report onthehoy May 28, 2022 2:42 PM BST
A canny placed selection there ItsMeSwaddle, 80/1!! + winner from Chavman to put us in top spot

I had a couple lined up in case no one posted a wild card, but, I think all our selections are in now

Dancinginthewoods - 4:05 Haydock (my Naps comp. Selection)

and

Furax – 4:29 Cartmel, I reckon could place at a double figure price

Good Luck all
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 28, 2022 2:55 PM BST
WD HGS. Tidy winner. Cool Nice to see the classy UO come back to form....notebooked! Sorry OTH, I've already stuck the wildcard up. You can have it next week. I do like the look of Dancinginthewoods.....hopefully Probert can work out a trip for the horse. GL I've got for Udaberri at Beverley. I thought it won a bit in hand LTO.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 28, 2022 6:56 PM BST
DITW terrible ride very unlucky.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 30, 2022 1:38 PM BST
Rarely throw a dart this early in the week but fancy one today.

Billian in the ameteur race Redcar 515.

NR a couple of times, I hated the fact it went to Catterick, didnt fancy it there.

Fancy it much more today.

Best work late, jockey is an unknown but has won a race, the draw is maybe an issue not sure if Redc have sorted out the farcical bias yet, jockey an unknown but won a race.

Going win only 14 runners 3 places is rank.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 30, 2022 3:42 PM BST
Yeah, not one of Dave's finest ride. Wouldn't have beat the winner but should have been placed. The winner could pick up a really big sprint handicap this season IMO.

Hard to rule out anything in that one, Swad. GL
Report HallGreenSpy June 1, 2022 3:12 PM BST
Playing mine today last race of the evening 9.00 Kempton. Sophar So Good ew. Needs a good pace so we are dependent on that. Course not a problem, been 2nd and 3rd two runs there. All of the trainers runners ran well yesterday including 1 winner so stable form ok. Have done it ew with 365 @ 25/1. GL
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 2, 2022 4:09 PM BST
Off to Epsom for 2 days. I'm on one in the Oaks at 16s. Posted about it on the main forum page after she won her 2nd start. But that price has long gone! Also have it in a double with Stone Age (The Stoute horse will be tough to beat)  Hoping for a big 2 days because I also have a number of other horses that I will be betting. I'm going to let the team use the my selection and the wildcard this week. GL with all your bets this weekend lads. Cool
Report onthehoy June 4, 2022 1:09 PM BST
I’ll go EW Baraboy (9/1) 2:40 Hexham today,
(18 days ago)finished couple lengths behind today’s current fav. Lord Caprio, 1lb pull in weights today. 2 C&D wins from 6 runs at Hexham
Report nocturnal June 4, 2022 1:29 PM BST
3-21 Musselburgh   Be Proud EW

Looks like x2 extra selections required with WP at Epsom.

Anyone fancy something ... Stick it up.

GL
Report onthehoy June 4, 2022 2:22 PM BST
I’ll look in here later (2:55pm) and if still a wildcard to be played I could post a selection I will be having a few bob on:

My Macho Man – 3:15 Hexham, currently 11/4

nocturnal, you have another one to post? (or 2?)
I’ll also have a second one ready just in case!!!
Report nocturnal June 4, 2022 2:48 PM BST
Wheelbara time OTH .... Great Call Cool

Stick yours up,will post one for the dash at epsom.
Report nocturnal June 4, 2022 2:53 PM BST
3-45 epsom  Thegreatestshowman EW .... for WP/Wildcard.

Crack on OTH ... GL
Report onthehoy June 4, 2022 2:55 PM BST
Ok nocturnal, I will go with

My Macho Man – 3:15 Hexham WIN
Report HallGreenSpy June 5, 2022 10:36 AM BST
Brilliant onthehoy. Happy
Report chavman June 5, 2022 11:48 AM BST
WD on the hoy.
Report onthehoy June 7, 2022 12:46 PM BST
Devon Envoy 2:15 Salisbury WIN

Good effort on return from long break with a 1¼L 2nd of 9 over C&D (1st, 3rd, 5th & 6th all won next time out)
not so good next time out when last of 11, but slowly away + saddle slipped, so hopefully we see a repeat of his recent C&D effort.
Looks good for a place, but, will go for the win here
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 7, 2022 6:09 PM BST
Well done x2 OTH! Cool Backed yours along with the 3rd (2 against the field) in that one today. I fancied it LTO but like you said the saddle slipped that day. Fire away with the wildcard if you find something else this week? As we're only playing for 2nd now. Go win only with your selections for this round team. GL
Report HallGreenSpy June 7, 2022 7:46 PM BST
vwd again hoy. Won very  nicely did that. Happy
Report chavman June 9, 2022 6:16 PM BST
WD OTH
Report SontaranStratagem June 9, 2022 9:57 PM BST
On The Hoy firing well done and well played Cool
Report SontaranStratagem June 9, 2022 9:59 PM BST
Going for Russco tomorrow in the 4:05 York, thought it ran well last time out first run back and Crowley booked for this one so hopefully it runs well

EW again
Report nocturnal June 11, 2022 10:41 AM BST
Another excellent shout OTH ... VWP

5-10 Sandown  Indianapolis Win

Not around later,GL everyone.
Report HallGreenSpy June 11, 2022 11:16 AM BST
Going for Ingra Tor in the 3.40 York. Hard not be impressed with it's last win and thanks to the runner up winning next time franking the form, only has 1lb difference at the weights against it today. GL all.
Report onthehoy June 11, 2022 2:37 PM BST
Anyone fancy anything for the wildcard?

If no one posts, I have one more I am backing EW I could post  (not too confident though!)

Larry Looby – 4:20 Hexham EW
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 11, 2022 2:51 PM BST
Go for it OTH. I've not had much time to study today so I will just stick one up from my notebook, bit short in the betting though.
Report onthehoy June 11, 2022 2:54 PM BST
ok I'll post the above selection

I had picked out a couple of shorties to post last minute if we still had some selections left

good luck
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 11, 2022 2:59 PM BST
7.45 Leicester - He's a Gentleman Win

For Shrewdies cheers
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 11, 2022 4:34 PM BST
Your captain made the right call going with the in form OTH for the wildcard! Grin You should have had more confidence in your selection. Hindsight and all that. Well done again, Sir
Report chavman June 11, 2022 10:02 PM BST
WD again OTH....top tipping (twice)
Report HallGreenSpy June 12, 2022 11:21 AM BST
OTH on fire. Nice one!
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 12, 2022 12:40 PM BST
FFs sorry no selection this thing been going about a year and for somereason I thought Monday to Sunday.

WD OTH BOOM

I am backing Sip and Smile 247 Donc today more so just dont fancy the other ones at the prices avail.
Report SontaranStratagem June 17, 2022 8:55 PM BST
My final selection is creative force in the group 1

Gone win only

But big up all the winners posted by the team over the whole tournament, we keep getting close but cant quite get the 1 next to our name

Itll come though Happy
Report nocturnal June 18, 2022 11:02 AM BST
Final Dart

5-00 ascot Summerghand Win

Never easy nailing just the one selection,some cracking winners from all of you,well done.

Been a pleasure,GL those to play later.
Report HallGreenSpy June 18, 2022 12:26 PM BST
Gonna take you on ew with Kings Lynn sonts in the 4.20.

Well done all throughout the comp and gl.
Report onthehoy June 18, 2022 1:37 PM BST
I was going to go for my NAPS comp. Selection, Ardera Cross (3/1) - 3:27 Perth, but we need a few points to catch the teams above us, so, I will go for a selection I reckon could run a decent race at a bigger price (9/1), down in distance today and 2lbs lower than his last win (over today’s C&D)

Annandale – 2:59 Ayr  WIN
Report onthehoy June 19, 2022 4:49 AM BST
Unlucky there SontaranStratagem with a 12/1 2nd

We had a few winners and didn't finish bottom, so it wasn't too bad Grin

see yous all in the next comp.
Report SontaranStratagem June 19, 2022 7:34 PM BST
Aye a close one

We’re well suited to the next format (if ud runs it during autumn) we might do well again
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 23, 2022 11:51 AM BST
Lads I am away to the US for a week, my fancy is actually Sat, might as well stick it up rather than sticking a pin in today.

If it turns out to be a NR please feel free to just blind post up another, cheers.

EXPOSED 730 DONC, little to say about it apart from it will benefit from the extra furlong and a firmer ride.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 23, 2022 11:52 AM BST
Had a nightmare, ignore
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 23, 2022 6:07 PM BST
Sounds like you need a Holiday Swad! lol I'm off there too next week. Have a good one. Cool Thanks lads, we'll get 'em next time!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com