Forums

Your Competitions

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Shanelee1966
28 Aug 21 02:38
| Topic/replies: 41,355 | Blogger: Shanelee1966's blog
Aw royt, where are you, lets be avin you as Deliah once said to rally the troops.

Hopefully we can remain at full strength to regain the title. No mercy will be shown.
Pause Switch to Standard View ***** Lucky Pin recruitment - new com...
Show More
Report GEORGE.B October 16, 2021 8:25 PM BST
Now for the 'good' news.

We're playing for fourth place, but the two teams we're likely to be in competition with for that spot have had their solo rounds and we're still to play them.

So unless the Mob have an outstanding solo round, out destiny is still in our own hands.
Report differentdrum October 16, 2021 9:56 PM BST
I was going to make the same point as George about the remaining fixtures. The bad news being we play the Demons next week.

As for the selections it probably isn't best tactics to have three in a big field handicap, but it is not as if we have had a flood of winners at shorter prices. That massively competitive handicap ended up being won very easily by a very well backed horse.

All we can do is keep on battling and hope it turns, preferably as soon as next week.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 17, 2021 10:15 AM BST
Good morning Guys

We were denied a win by 50p by our rivals last EW selection finishing 3rd. Sad

I thought i would revert to my usual MO of lower prices although i was expecting 6/4 on Trueshan (that would have given us the win) but 2 NR's put paid to that. To be honest i don't think recent form counts for a lot in this comp anyway, it's more how individuals approach it.

As intimated already maybe we should consider this and we're certainly not out of it, we only need 4th place to reach the next stage. It's akin to the ice hockey league in Sweden, finish in the top 8 and you can end up as champions.

Good luck to all this week.
Report differentdrum October 17, 2021 12:18 PM BST
Just had another look, and if we don't get three wins it will be very difficult. What look to be our two main rivals play each other next week. A draw is unlikely so if we lose our match we will be 3 points behind with two matches left. Even if we win the last two it will be most likely out of our hands.

So despite the Demons running away with it realistically we need to turn them over.
Report Shanelee1966 October 17, 2021 9:44 PM BST
And we will dd, we will indeed.
Report Shanelee1966 October 17, 2021 9:46 PM BST
I`m away until Thursday night, i`ll try to look in.

Good luck if you select.
Report Shanelee1966 October 21, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Royal Invitation - 8.00 Newc

Friday, win.
Report differentdrum October 21, 2021 7:42 PM BST
Good luck tomorrow.
Report differentdrum October 22, 2021 9:11 AM BST
Bad news, second favourite pulled. At least a win will put us in front.
Report Shanelee1966 October 22, 2021 12:48 PM BST
I should have hung on really, though looks like it may be a low scoring affair again, who knows.
Report differentdrum October 22, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Spent plenty of time trying to find a few soft ground specials at Newbury. A search party would do well to find most of them. When your best on the day is a non runner you haven't had a great day.

Racing Demons did find one - 4/4 on heavy - so as it stands they have a 90 lead with three to play. Hopefully, Shane will reduce that to 80. Chances are we are not going to pull it back with short ones, and even if we lose, it's probably best to at least have a crack at the one point bonus. That might keep us in with a shout.

I think the 5.10 Leopardstown is just about the most interesting race tomorrow. I presume Good Heavens is 16/1 because it took him four starts to break his maiden, but I thought that win was an eyecatcher, and quite a step forwards. The big negative is the jock being in almost as bad a form as me. Anyway, as ever fingers crossed.

Good luck all.

5.10 Leopardstown Good Heavens EW
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2021 9:28 PM BST
Went done captain, another seven of those and we might just be alright Wink
Report Shanelee1966 October 22, 2021 9:32 PM BST
It seemed a good idea at the time Grin

Good luck dd, all to play for troops.
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2021 9:32 PM BST
As differentdrum says, the target has to be the point bonus and anything else will be a Brucey Bonus.
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Mac Swiney was a 12-1 winning selection for the team in last season's Furturity, how we could do with another one of those tomorrow.
Report custardcream64 October 22, 2021 10:24 PM BST
Storm Control. 2.20 Cheltenham. 10pt win.

Good luck everyone.
Report happysandwich October 22, 2021 11:43 PM BST
This should lead all the way but will it get caught on the Line?

Saturday
Doncaster 3:50 Flaming Rib

10pts Win
For the Lucky Pins and probably posted on the wrong thread – again.Grin
Report differentdrum October 23, 2021 10:50 AM BST
I raised the point the other week about putting a horse up at a price and it actually staying at that price. Yet again Good Heavens was as big as 20/1, but is now is a general 8/1 chance. At 8/1 it has to win to be of any use, but like all the other big movers I have put up it will more than likely now run like a drain.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 23, 2021 12:08 PM BST
Miss Carol Ann - 2.35 Newebury - 10 pts win

Good luck Guys
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 12:28 PM BST
Good luck today everyone.

I've gone for Mercurial, win, 1.30 Doncaster
Report china castle October 23, 2021 1:06 PM BST
Azets - 6.30 Chelmsford  e/w

Good luck today
Report undecided October 23, 2021 2:15 PM BST
dunter usually posts by now, not in the nh comp either so hope he's ok but best prep a wildcard.
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 2:17 PM BST
Thanks for letting us know, undecided
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 2:47 PM BST
I'll wait 5 minutes or so to see if dunter posts, but if not, I'll go with Severus Alexander EW 7.00 Chelmsford, currently a 12-1 shot, for the wild card pick, unless anyone is particularly keen to select another?
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Report Shanelee1966 October 23, 2021 4:34 PM BST
Thanks for that George, just got back in.
Report Shanelee1966 October 23, 2021 4:36 PM BST
Three to come, one for the Demons. Hopefully a little luck will blow our way.
Report Shanelee1966 October 23, 2021 4:36 PM BST
Nice one happy CoolCool
Report differentdrum October 23, 2021 5:29 PM BST
Well done on the winner.

As for mine apologies on behalf of the jock who has now ridden well over 30 losers in a row, and today decided it was a good idea to make next to no effort. He should be embarrassed.
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Well done happysandwich.

We're now looking at, not only having to win our last two matches, but also win the bonus for being top scorers on at least one of the weeks.

Hang on, what's that sound?

That's the band playing as the ship starts to sink...Wink
Report Shanelee1966 October 23, 2021 8:07 PM BST
Win both we will George. We go down fighting heads held high. No prisoners.

Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 8:31 PM BST
Indeed, captain.

Actually, if TOFTL were to lose next week and we were to win, then that could set up a 4th place decider in the final week.

So perhaps we don't have to worry about winning top scorer points this week, but a win is imperative.

The Mob have their solo round and a good week could put them in the mix for fourth place.
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Shane, it might be an idea to nominate someone for the wild card in case dunter doesn't post again.
Report Shanelee1966 October 23, 2021 9:15 PM BST
Hope all is well on that score George.

We need someone who will be around Saturday afternoon, i`ll be on a late night shift Fri night.

Any volunteers?
Report GEORGE.B October 23, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Thankfully not me given my abysmal record with wild card picks.

We just need to get a win this week and then see where we're at. But it could be come Saturday we're in a situation where we need a decent priced winner.

Hopefully dunter is all right and he'll look in before Saturday and tell us he'll be making a selection this week.
Report differentdrum October 25, 2021 12:39 AM BST
I would be happy to do it, but given my results I can't imagine anyone would want me to do it.

I am happy with the reasoning behind the selections, but for whatever reason it just isn't happening. We will see if Good Heavens turns out to be a Group 3 horse next year, but it doesn't help us if he does.
Report Shanelee1966 October 25, 2021 9:35 AM BST
We`d be more than happy with that dd Cool
Report Shanelee1966 October 28, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Well, we near the end of another week troops.

Our opposition have 35pts after 2 selections.

Good luck
Report Shanelee1966 October 28, 2021 6:06 PM BST
Desert Dreamer - 2.50 Newmarket

Straight win after its recent good run.
Report Shanelee1966 October 28, 2021 6:07 PM BST
* 2.30 Newmarket
Report GEORGE.B October 28, 2021 7:09 PM BST
Good luck captain
Report Shanelee1966 October 28, 2021 7:19 PM BST
Thanks George
Report differentdrum October 28, 2021 7:41 PM BST
Good luck Shane.

Until I read your post I was seriously thinking of putting up American Kestrel in that race, but it wouldn't be sensible to have two in the same race.

Hoping to put one up in the Ascot bumper, but it has been well touted, so the price might ruin that idea.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 29, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Unlucky Shane (2nd @ 3/1)

Our rivals this week have scored twice from 2 selections so we need to get our form heads on Happy

Good luck Guys.
Report GEORGE.B October 29, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Unlucky Shane, the gap closing on her 2 out might have cost her the race, certainly did well to get up for second given the trouble in running she endured.
Report Shanelee1966 October 29, 2021 2:54 PM BST
I concur George, we have seven more attempts. Good luck
Report differentdrum October 29, 2021 3:28 PM BST
At least you saved me a loser. Hannon won it with his other one. Looked very exposed but backed from 28/1-12/1. Someone wasn't surprised to see it improve on its 11th run.
Report custardcream64 October 29, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Unlucky Shane, would have close with a clear run.

Saturday: 2.30 Wetherby. Master Tommytucker 10pt win.

Good luck everyone.
Report Shanelee1966 October 29, 2021 8:16 PM BST
dunter went for Enduring 7.30 e/w
went close to placing.

Good luck cc
Report differentdrum October 29, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Not looking good at all. As it stands two wins will not be good enough. We need a win and bonus points which at the moment is what Tips are getting.

With just six to play and nothing on the board short prices are likely not going to do it. I think we need a minimum 50 points each, preferably more, and then just hope we get at least two wins. Not much point in each way unless it is 50/1+. I will post as late as possible to get a better idea of what is required.
Report GEORGE.B October 29, 2021 9:02 PM BST
TOFTL 'only' have a nine pt lead, and the EWTs have two picks in hand, so that is a very close match.

I think we just need to concentrate on getting over the winning line in our own match and then see where we are.

But if you think you have a fifty point winner then by all means go for it, otherwise just stay in your comfort zone would be my advice at the moment.
Report differentdrum October 29, 2021 11:46 PM BST
I would hardly think aiming for a 4/1 winner is pushing the boat out?

As it stands we need an 11/4 winner just to take the lead.

A couple of 5/4 winners and the Humbugs would regain the lead with any odds on winner. They have been cautious so far so in all likelihood they will get more points tomorrow.

It would be lovely to get 6 scores tomorrow, but history would suggest it is far more likely it will be closer to 2 so we may as well try and make those 2 count.
Report happysandwich October 29, 2021 11:57 PM BST
Ascot 1:35 Sam Barton
10 points Win

For the Lucky Pins

Good luck all
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 30, 2021 9:58 AM BST
Morning Guys,

My usual MO of posting something around 6/4 (unless we need a price) is probably not going to be any good today. A couple of selections played by both teams and we're 35 points adrift already. Last night i picked out Nassalam that runs in the opener at Ascot, a 4/1 chance and i fancy him to make all this afternoon, but Happysandwich has also selected in that race. It's a waste of a selection (or even 2) so i may have to look for another around the same odds.

Good luck all.

Happysandwich

Wrong thread, but i can post it on your behalf. Next week TEAM TIPSTER SUPER LEAGUE 2021 - Week 7 Selections
Report china castle October 30, 2021 10:09 AM BST
Majestic Dawn - 3.33 Newmarket

10 pts win

Best of luck today guys
Report happysandwich October 30, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Thanks Andrew I’ll make a note of “TEAM TIPSTER SUPER LEAGUE 2021 - Week 7 Selections”.

And do it correct next time, for once? Laugh
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 30, 2021 12:37 PM BST
My 2nd choice

Gaelik Coast - 2.38 Musselburgh

10 pts win

Happysandwich

Laugh
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 1:33 PM BST
Good luck today, chaps

I'll be picking at Wolverhampton, so I'll see how the early picks go and then decide whether to go win or EW.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 30, 2021 1:44 PM BST
My first choice won 3/1 (put it up on my thread)
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 1:48 PM BST
Unlucky guys, when your luck's out...

It would appear now that the EWTs just need to get one into frame from four picks to win their match, which is good news for us if, and it's looking a big IF, we can come out on top in ours.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 30, 2021 1:51 PM BST
I could have put it up George but 2 selections in the same race in the position we are in wasn't ideal.

Never mind, let's hope we pick up later.
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:11 PM BST
If there's any justice in the world Andrew, your next one will win. Good luck.
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:40 PM BST
Any sign of differentdrum?
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:42 PM BST
The EWTs have done us a favour by winning their match.
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Well done Andrew
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:47 PM BST
If DD doesn't post, is it OK for me to do the wild card pick?
Report differentdrum October 30, 2021 2:53 PM BST
No need I said I was going to post late.

3.55 Ascot Fine Casting EW
Report differentdrum October 30, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Well done on the winner Andrew although it still leaves us behind.

I was going to go win, but plumped for each-way in case it is a low scoring match. Still potentially 50 points. They have Shan Blue who I have backed at a bigger price, and end with a 9/4 each-way so very likely at least another 7-8 points.
Report GEORGE.B October 30, 2021 2:58 PM BST
You had me worried when your green light wasn't on!

Good luck.

I was interested in the Ruth Carr pair in the 6.00, but as I couldn't decide between them, I've gone for:

Ice Canyon EW in the (hopefully) lucky last @ 8.30
Report Shanelee1966 October 30, 2021 3:17 PM BST
Nice one Andrew CoolCool
Report differentdrum October 30, 2021 3:18 PM BST
I was beginning to think I could stop anything, but my only other bet to run so far, Kawida, has just won at Newmarket. Shan Blue would have won 20 lengths.
Report differentdrum October 30, 2021 4:06 PM BST
Apologies for yet another abysmal effort. Halved in price, but showed next to nothing. He was a free running sort in bumpers so I expected him to try and make all. From the moment he was reined back horse and jock looked clueless.

It goes without saying we need another miracle selection from George to progress.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 31, 2021 6:48 AM GMT
Morning Guys

The lucky last didnt turn out lucky for us and we end another week in defeat. I thought both my selections could win but expected the alternative to be 5/2 although even that would only have given us a draw (i think). To be fair Lampus was unlucky with Shan Blue anyway.

It looks bleak and i'm not sure we can reach 4th now, but never mind, onwards and upwards. Many of us haven't performed well (me included) so let's do better next time.

Good luck.
Report Shanelee1966 October 31, 2021 8:02 AM GMT
We gave it our best shot, not good enough this time.

Lets go out with a bang this round.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 31, 2021 8:52 AM GMT
Exactly Shane.

This week we have TOFTL in a head to head and i don't have any issues whatsoever with any of their team, bar one, so in the words of Keven Keegan "I will love it" .... "love it" ......... WinkLaugh
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 31, 2021 8:53 AM GMT
Kevin
Report GEORGE.B October 31, 2021 8:55 AM GMT
Good luck this week everyone.

I've gone for Heart To Heart, EW, 1.00 Naas.
Report happysandwich October 31, 2021 11:24 AM GMT
Georgie Boy is cheating

He want's his selection to start an hour before the other runners.
Report happysandwich October 31, 2021 4:09 PM GMT
^
George,

Please accept my apologies I Googled Heart To Heart and I thought it was down to run in a 2 O’clock race.

Could be something to do with the clocks going back?
Report Shanelee1966 November 1, 2021 6:17 AM GMT
That`s a good idea happy, if you could turn the clock back when you wanted. Could watch the 3.00 race
then after result go back to 2 o`clock and bet accordingly. A time machine would be ideal.
Report Shanelee1966 November 1, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
Capla Spirit - 2.03 Ling

Gone e/w, hopefully around 20`s
Report custardcream64 November 2, 2021 10:27 AM GMT
Moonlighter .1 .55 Exeter  10pt win.
Report differentdrum November 2, 2021 10:30 AM GMT
I am not prolonging the agony this week.

Nearly all, if not all of mine have been big market movers, and run abysmally. The bumper horse was the best horse in its race, but presumably unfit. That should have been the one ray of sunshine.

Anyway gone with Picanha in the first at Exeter. Long absence to overcome, but has won on the track, and Richard Phillips isn't the worst trainer with the right material. It doesn't look the greatest race.

Good luck everyone.
Report differentdrum November 2, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
Hardly a blaze of glory, but small hooray, I have actually scored a point. Still disappointing on several levels as he was probably the best horse in the race, was given a poor ride racing five wide for a mile and half tracking the worst and most erratic horse in the race, and again it was backed from 9/1 to 11/2.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 2, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
Shane

WD with the 14/1 3rd, points on the board.

DD

WD with the 11/2 3rd, even more now
Report Shanelee1966 November 2, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
Nice points dd CoolCool

Thanks Andrew
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 5, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
Good evening Guys

It looks as though Acey Deucy has almost given us the wooden spoon single-handedly (a good selection to be fair) so we need outsiders tomorrow. I have one at the Breeder Cup meeting (Del Mar) tomorrow but i doubt it's allowed (waiting for an answer from Undecided).

China, Dunter and Happysandwich, good luck with your selections, make them count. Happy
Report happysandwich November 6, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
Going for points with this one, hopefully to drag the Lucky Pins out of a hole.

Wincanton 3:00 Some Chaos

10 Win

Will post my selection on this thread next week :-

https://community.betfair.com/your_competitions/go/thread/view/94214/31732801/team-tipster-super-league-2021---week-7-scores?ts=1636150663320&pg=last#last
Report Shanelee1966 November 6, 2021 10:50 AM GMT
Good luck happy, hopefully more to come from your selection.

Andrew & china left to post. I`m off out around 12:30 so please post
a wildcard if required.

Have a great weekend troops Grin
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 6, 2021 12:04 PM GMT
Achelois - 12.55 Doncaster

10 pts win

Good luck Guys
Report undecided November 6, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
I'll copy over happy's.
Report happysandwich November 6, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
Andrew, like me, has posted he’s selection for the Lucky Pins on here but Undecided has moved mine somewhere else.

Still very confusing but it gets there in the end.Confused
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 6, 2021 12:58 PM GMT
Happysandwich

I simply duplicated ny selection on this thread so the team know. Happy
Report happysandwich November 6, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
Thought Achelois was going to win coming into the last furlong but got swallowed up. That’s dogs for you.

Now all the weight is on my shoulders with Some Chaos in the 3:00. Shocked
Report china castle November 6, 2021 1:29 PM GMT
Dark Jedi - 2.40 Doncaster e/w

Unlucky Andrew and best of luck Happy and dunter
Report Shanelee1966 November 6, 2021 4:13 PM GMT
Well troops, we got well and truly smashed in this match/round too.

Thanks for taking part.
Report glentoby November 6, 2021 4:21 PM GMT
You would do better with a team of 8 Shane instead of a bitter and twisted conman dragging you down?

Only fun but why do they persist?
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 8, 2021 10:43 AM GMT
Good morning Guys,

We started off this competition poorly and never really got going thereafter. George was our best supplier of points but there were only snippets from the rest of us. Acey Deucy basically ensured we were going to get the wooden spoon with a good pick, but hopefully we get up, brush ourselves down and regroup for the next one. We've won the competition twice and hold the record for most points in the previous format so it's not all bad.

Shane i'm happy to play next year.

I noticed a post from the forums childish troll, but he's been blocked for months and i have absolutely no interest in knowing what he typed.

Good luck all.
Report Shanelee1966 November 8, 2021 7:01 PM GMT
Wise words Andrew.

Just one of the fatheads from horse racing forum. I`ll deal with them.
Report glentoby November 8, 2021 7:27 PM GMT
Start with dealing with the biggest Con man shane,then you might have a chance!!!

Ask him about Coastal Command,Longchamp etc etc?

Locked scum like him up throughout my career,they do not change!!!

HTH
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com