Your Competitions

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
17 Feb 21 16:43
Date Joined: 12 Jul 02
| Topic/replies: 18,684 | Blogger: undecided's blog
Racing Demons
Aquarius (capt.), undecided, madhatter, qqking., dukeofpuke, bluenose7, The Sawyer, lockup
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing Demons 2021 Team Talk
Show More
Report Aquarius March 21, 2021 10:28 PM GMT
That was all right, keeps the scoreboard ticking along
Report The Sawyer March 25, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
Afternoon all

Sorry a bit late with this - and I was hoping it would be a bigger price - but I am going to select Goodnight Charlie EW in the 2.07 Chepstow.

Shouldn't be inconvenienced by the ground and ran really well last time out at probably its fav course. Chepstow is a front runners track and I can't see it being out of the frame - good luck all today.
Report Aquarius March 25, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
Good luck with that one, these long distance chases can be a nightmare!
Report Aquarius March 25, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
Sometimes you wish there were shorter run ins, although I suppose you probably wish there were longer ones as many times as well. The scoreboard keeps ticking along though.
Report undecided March 25, 2021 2:25 PM GMT
well done The Sawyer, fought off all but the winner.
Report undecided March 25, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
still no sign of bluenose.
Report Aquarius March 26, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
It looks as if bluenose is unlikely to be posting this week again, so I think we need to get someone ready to make a wildcard selection. Three of us have already made such a selection and thus I think that either qqking, lockup, The Sawyer or madhatter should be making the wildcard selection this week, so if you could each look at making such  a selection tomorrow provided bluenose has not appeared by then, that would be appreciated.
Although I normally prefer to wait until Saturday to make my selection I am looking at one at Musselburgh today, so  I will decide later whether to go today or wait until tomorrow.
Report undecided March 26, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
Jarveys Plate - 2.05 Newb - EW

Good luck everyone left to pick.
Report lockup March 26, 2021 2:13 PM GMT
Great call UD
Report undecided March 26, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
Report Aquarius March 26, 2021 2:40 PM GMT
Well done undecided, we seem to be on a bit of a roll, lets hope the wheels don't fall off!
Report dukeofpuke March 26, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
Report The Sawyer March 26, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
U Da Man UD - very nice call
Report The Sawyer March 27, 2021 9:02 AM GMT
Re the wildcard for today, I have looked at two races, the 1.35 at Kelso and the 2.20 at Newbury.

The Kelso race is now down to 7 so is probably out for EW purposes - and there's nothing in it that really interests me at the prices.

The Newbury race is quite a big field for this competition but I do like Orchardstown Cross who I think should be fav. It'll be around the 6 or 7 mark I would think but with only 3 places perhaps it is not suitable.

Good luck all today.
Report madhatter March 27, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Great shot ud, only just noticed his!
Hopefully will go a long way towards securing another victory for us DevilDevilDevil's.

I am/was looking at Dubai Angel e/w 2.20 Nwb, Man Of The Night e/w 3.10 Donc or One True King e/w 2.50 Newb in that order.
I am happy to let others choose first and I will take any race that is left over from those three or indeed find something else. I can post right up to off time as I dont have my beloved LTFC as a distraction this week!
Report madhatter March 27, 2021 10:35 AM GMT
Right; too many runners really in the Lincoln for this compy and given our position HappyHappyHappy, not enough in the 2.50 Newb and The Sawyer fancies one in the 2.20.

I will therefore select Molineaux - 5.10 Newbury e/w which has the perfect eight runners (at this time).
I won't put it up on the official thread until nearer the 3.00 cut-off time so that if it drops to 7 runners i can reconsider and maybe put up Lady Quickstep - 7.00 Wolves instead.

Come on the Demons!!!DevilDevilDevil
Report qqking. March 27, 2021 11:54 AM GMT
Nice one Undecided
Report lockup March 27, 2021 12:09 PM GMT
for me either Ruinous win or Italian spirit e.w, think if Ruinous doesnt keep jumping right he is the best bet but italian Spirit is an e.w price still debating
Report lockup March 27, 2021 12:22 PM GMT
right due to our position will go e.w on Italian spirit, happy to put Ruinous 5.10 as a wildcard let the skipper decide how he wants to play it.
Report madhatter March 27, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
As lockup has now highlighted an interest in tipping up in the 5.10 Newb which I had selected in then i dont have a clue as to what to do now - so no change there then!Grin
I guess i will now move to the 7.00 Wolves and Lady Quickstep if that's ok captain?
Report Aquarius March 27, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
It is up to everybody in the team to make there own decisions as to their selections; I know I am having great difficulty in making my own today. Was thinking I would go for one of a few I had under consideration on the flat but they are all fairly big prices, so I feel in the position we are in that is probably not what I should be going for today. At the moment I think I am likely to have a go at Kelso with one of the Skelton horses and West To the Bridge in the 2.05 looks the most likely selection at the moment but that could of course change!
Report Aquarius March 27, 2021 1:33 PM GMT
madhatter, I have not botheed looking at the Wolverhampton card so I have no idea as to its chances, but if you want to go for Lady Quickstep feel free.
As far as today's wildcard is concerned The Sawyer seems to have done the necessary study to come up with a selection and I think he should post his selection provided bluenose has not appeared by 2.00.
Report lockup March 27, 2021 1:52 PM GMT
Mad we don't have selection in the 5.10 so take molyneux if you feel strong on it but you're other one does have Holly on so could be fancied
Report madhatter March 27, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
ok boys - i will stick to my original plan and go with Molineaux and post it up just before 15.00. If there is a n/r before i post then i will put up Lady Quickstep instead.
Report dukeofpuke March 27, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
I'm going for Devizes again in the last at Kempton won for me last time in the comp but has to be win this time because of price
Report undecided March 27, 2021 2:47 PM GMT
Who's got the wildcard then, The Sawyer's races are run?
Report Aquarius March 27, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
No wildcard selection has been posted yet and I see that The Sawyer's potential selection has already run. In view of our current position perhaps we should have a go at the Lincoln or another decent priced selection. Any suggestions?
Report undecided March 27, 2021 2:54 PM GMT
I have nothing up my sleeve Captain, like Danyah for the Lincoln but perhaps madhatters other pick at Wolves?
Report undecided March 27, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
got this Aquarius?
Report undecided March 27, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
Might be best to nominate someone for the wildcard from day 1?
Report Aquarius March 27, 2021 5:12 PM GMT
Unlucky there duke, went 1.13 in running
Report dukeofpuke March 27, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
Yes watched it probably went a tad early
Report Aquarius March 27, 2021 10:47 PM GMT
Our good run ended today with a poor effort from all today's selections, although there were some excellent selections elsewhere. Not to worry, we are still in the lead after the first 2 rounds. In the continued absence of bluenose7 I think we need to prepare on the assumption that he will not reappear this week. We have already used 4 wildcard selections on his behalf and I think these should be shared amongst the remainder of the team. The Sawyer, lockup and qqking are the three who have not yet played a wildcard selection so I think that one of you should volunteer to make  the wildcard selection this week, leaving it until Saturday to give bluenose the opportunity to reappear. The following week it will be between the remaining two and the following week the remaining team member. Thereafter we will reassess the position. So the first one to volunteer can have the honour this week.
Report undecided March 28, 2021 11:40 AM BST
This one is in the same form line as my last two winners so I just had to go for it.

Ecco - 1.0 Ascot - Win
Report Aquarius March 28, 2021 12:36 PM BST
Good luck with that one undecided, looks like we are looking to lead from the start again. Sundays seem to have been good to us so far although I tend to think it is usually the most difficult day of the week normally
Report undecided March 28, 2021 12:46 PM BST
The fav just taken out so not a price I would have gone for now.
Report undecided March 28, 2021 1:42 PM BST
sorry, not the usual bright start Sad
Report Aquarius March 28, 2021 4:16 PM BST
That run was too bad to be true; not to worry I am sure some others in the team will come good this week
Report madhatter March 31, 2021 10:52 PM BST
I have put up Volcano - 4.37 Ffos Las 10pts win tomorrow for this weeks attempt.
Very impressive at Warwick 18 days ago and only up 7lbs for it.
Young and hopefully progressive, the exact opposite of me and my tipping!DevilDevilDevil
Report The Sawyer April 1, 2021 9:53 AM BST
Good luck mad does look as if it's going the right way
Report Aquarius April 1, 2021 12:19 PM BST
Good luck with that one madhatter, it looks a really tricky race to me!
Report undecided April 3, 2021 10:13 AM BST
Come on team, only a couple of hundred pts to make up Cool please someone hands-up for the wildcard so that we are not all scrambling around come 2.50pm
Report The Sawyer April 3, 2021 10:37 AM BST
I have looked at 3 of the Haydock chases today and whilst I think Five Star Getaway should win this, the price does not appeal to me. The Paddy Pie is an each way price in this and has dropped down the weights to a fairer mark. He has placed in 14 of his 18 chases and Sue Smith has returned to some form of late.

In the 2.40 at Haydock (Versatility and Innisfree Lad) at good prices appeal with the former likely to be my selection today for this comp.

In the mares race at 3.50 I like Lucca Lady down the bottom but with only 7 runners it is not a viable each way race. Doesn't have a great strike rate but they are likely to go a good pace as a few of these stay much further and that should help mine (I hope!!).

I am happy to put Five Star up as the wildcard but if someone has something at a price maybe we should try that

Good luck all
Report qqking. April 3, 2021 11:38 AM BST
Sawyer, I'm happy with your choice of wild card

I'm going for Shantung to win in the 1.00 Haydock
Report undecided April 3, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Just a non-runner qqking.
Report lockup April 3, 2021 11:53 AM BST
go for it Sawyer i would rather wait until Aintree next week.
Report lockup April 3, 2021 11:59 AM BST
i have gone with Merricourt 4.46 muss.
Report Aquarius April 3, 2021 12:12 PM BST
I am quite happy for The Sawyer to have today's wildcard selection and I think there is no longer any need to wait to post it as it seems unlikely that bluenose is going to suddenly re-appear.
I am going for Heights Of Abraham in the 2.25 at Musselburgh and as only 7 runners might as well go for the win
Report dukeofpuke April 3, 2021 1:24 PM BST
It looks tough and my 1st choice is now odds on Storm Nelson so my 2nd will be each way Never Said Nothing
Report undecided April 3, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Well done The Sawyer.
Report undecided April 3, 2021 2:28 PM BST
Lost out the stalls unfortunately Aquarius.
Report dukeofpuke April 3, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Well done The Sawyer and hard lines Aquarius
Report dukeofpuke April 4, 2021 2:38 AM BST
Luckily a low score for all
Report madhatter April 4, 2021 3:02 PM BST
Gone for Eurkash 4.00 Plump 10pts win @ about 5/4 to try to move us above Pins and within striking distance of Humbugs.
Don't hold youe breath! DevilDevilDevil
Report madhatter April 5, 2021 12:42 PM BST
Never given a chance by the makes you want to give upSad
Report undecided April 5, 2021 4:43 PM BST
In the words of Peter Gabriel - Don't Give Up Happy
Report lockup April 6, 2021 8:39 PM BST
I am happy to take the wildcard for bluenose this week will try a couple at Subtree this week probably.
Report lockup April 6, 2021 8:40 PM BST
That should read Aintree
Report qqking. April 7, 2021 1:51 PM BST
Today, I'm going with Eldelbar to win, 3.50 Cat
Report undecided April 7, 2021 2:06 PM BST
good luck qqking.
Report lockup April 7, 2021 7:35 PM BST
going to try Samategal 4.05 Aintree tomorrow for the wildcard for Bluenose if thats ok team.
Report Aquarius April 7, 2021 8:34 PM BST
Yes lockup it is your week for making the wildcard selection, we could do with some points to move up the table so good luck with that one.
Report lockup April 9, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Well we either throw hail Mary's or pick up some points and try for 3rd or 4th so am tossing up between Kauto Riki 20s or Copper less 9/2 ?
Report undecided April 9, 2021 5:25 PM BST
unlucky lockup would have been right there.

I'll either go for one in the first at Aintree or my GN pick.
Report lockup April 9, 2021 5:40 PM BST
Gutted bloody jockey trying to be clever just kick him in the belly ping it and away you go
Report The Sawyer April 10, 2021 11:23 AM BST
Morning all

Only 18 Irish trained horses in the GN - well it narrows the field down a bit!!!

My selection is going to be in the 4.15 tho where I had hoped the favourite would be a bigger price - at 7/2 it isn't for me. I made Cloudy Glen the second fav and will put this up EW - I have also backed Kilfilum Cross in the same race (EW), more in hope than anything else.

good luck all
Report Aquarius April 10, 2021 12:16 PM BST
In normal circumstances I would probably be going for one at Newcastle but I think as no-one seems to have gone in the Grand National I might as well go for one there and it is Any Second Now and because of our position in the table will just go for the win.
Report undecided April 10, 2021 12:47 PM BST
Ballybegg to win the first all in.
Report dukeofpuke April 10, 2021 1:59 PM BST
I was going to pick Cloth Cap in the National but the sp is going to be of no use so its the Paul Nicholls trained Knappers Hill in the bumper at least it cant fall EW
Report undecided April 10, 2021 5:50 PM BST
Good effort Aquarius, good luck duke to try and get us up a couple of places.
Report Aquarius April 10, 2021 6:30 PM BST
Well done duke. That appears to get us 4th place, which I think is as good as you could expect from where we were at the start of the day. Roll on the next fortnightly competition.
Report undecided April 10, 2021 6:32 PM BST
That could be crucial in the overall, well done duke!

Let that be our worst round Cool
Report madhatter April 10, 2021 6:42 PM BST
Excellent final shot Duke. Well done!DevilDevilDevil
Report The Sawyer April 10, 2021 7:25 PM BST
Nice one duke
Report qqking. April 13, 2021 1:03 PM BST
With the Scottish GN delayed until Sunday, I've decided to go in today with Makram in the 2.45N. Roger is one of my favourite trainers and I need him to bring me some luck.
Report The Sawyer April 13, 2021 1:07 PM BST
good luck qq
Report Aquarius April 13, 2021 1:23 PM BST
Good luck qqking, but remember it is your turn to play the wildcard for bluenose this week as well
Report undecided April 14, 2021 11:45 AM BST
Chil Chil - 1.50 Newm - EW

Some good racing midweek and most of Saturday's card transferred to Sunday so I'm having a go today.
Report The Sawyer April 14, 2021 12:40 PM BST
Likewise ud I will have a pop today. Going to back Pym ew in the 2.05 at Chelt.

I think he will be better in a competitive race at a shorter trip - and they can always use the 1st time cheek pieces excuse.
Report The Sawyer April 14, 2021 2:13 PM BST
Sorry lads - I blame the cheekpieces Whoops
Report madhatter April 15, 2021 5:22 PM BST
I will plump for Not That Fuisse - 15.15 Ayr 10pts win tomorrow lads.
Report lockup April 16, 2021 11:13 AM BST
due to all the decent racing being moved to sunday i will try one today, Mithras 2.50 Newb i really think he wants a mile,but despite looking a little weak last year had some good form hopefully strengthened up and ready to go.
Report lockup April 16, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Definitely needs a mile
Report Aquarius April 16, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Nice one lockup, won well
Report undecided April 16, 2021 3:02 PM BST
well done, now for mad's...
Report lockup April 16, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Unlucky mad just missed 2nd last
Report madhatter April 16, 2021 6:00 PM BST
and not very good at 3rd last or final fence either...but that's the name of the ABBA would say.
Very disappointed...............
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 1:44 PM BST
I was thinking of going for In From The Cold at The Curragh at a big price,but playing safer with Artisan Bleu at Nottingham
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 1:53 PM BST
Looking at the lack of posts,some of us may think that they can post tomorrow,well you can but that is another week so if you havent posted your pick by 3.00pm today its lost.So qqking is allocated the wildcard and Aquarius still to pick
Report lockup April 17, 2021 2:17 PM BST
Hopefully waiting to see what we need at least to secure 2nd
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 2:48 PM BST
Aquarius has not posted today
Report undecided April 17, 2021 2:49 PM BST
duke/lockup do you have a selection in reserve?
I can put one up if no show by 2.55.
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 2:50 PM BST
And his green light isnt so doesnt look like hes logged on
Report undecided April 17, 2021 2:50 PM BST
mine is in the last at Brighton.
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 2:51 PM BST
Yes 3.10 Curragh ew In From The Cold
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Ok ta undecided i'll leave it with you to post
Report undecided April 17, 2021 2:52 PM BST
ok stick it on for bluenose and I will cover Aquarius if no show.
Report dukeofpuke April 17, 2021 3:02 PM BST
WD UD saved the day there
Report Aquarius April 17, 2021 3:11 PM BST
Sorry for not posting, I got tied up with something and have just got back to my computer. Probably undecided's selection is more likely to score points than mine. I was gravitating towards Gone Mod in the 5.45 Nottingham but it is currently available at 119/1 so probably not really one for this competition, but I was finding it difficult to find an alternative. Thanks again undecided for saving the day irregardless of the result.
Report undecided April 17, 2021 3:25 PM BST
That's ok Aquarius, just hope it can win, a maiden but running ok, good weight & stable going well.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.


Instance ID: 13539