Forums

Your Competitions

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Whippin Piccadilly
16 Feb 21 15:12
| Topic/replies: 5,689 | Blogger: Whippin Piccadilly's blog
In the horse racing calendar, 2021 is the year of the Shrewdie!

Just a quick word from your Captain.

Please enjoy the comp and don't put yourself under pressure to come up with a winner. As much as I'd love to beat the mongrels that make up the rest of the teams in the comp Grin I want this to be a fun comp, one where we can enjoy talking about the game we all love, putting forth ideas and theories and consoling each other if one of selections gets done on the jam stick by 100/1 priced beast that has finished closer to last than 1st in all its previous 16 races. If you can chip in with the odd winner? Great! But its not the end of the world if you go the whole comp without putting one up........not naming names, but it does happen! Plain

Sign in chaps & let battle commence! Grin

Pause Switch to Standard View ****The Shrewdies Team Selections...
Show More
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 15, 2021 2:55 PM BST
OK I'll go EW because we have next week to really go for it.
Report SontaranStratagem May 15, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Seems good
Report SontaranStratagem May 15, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Wildcard finished 3rd so points on the board well played WP Happy
Report Platinum May 16, 2021 9:45 PM BST
Gone for Aplomb tomorrow at Windsor. I certainly wouldnt be a layer of this one down to a Class 3 on his second start for a new yard.

Just read that pathetic thread started by glentoby, what an idiot and full time troll he is, accusing one of his own for plotting against his own team, glad we have a classier captain and dont have any of that sort of rubbish on our team Happy
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 17, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Thanks SS, only a few points on the board but lets hope they prove the difference when we win this round. Grin

Thanks Platty. Happy The door is always open for Tiger to return and will shall keep a few old speckled hen's in the ice bucket for him....ale lovers will be up in arms about my storage method!

RM booked up tonight so connections must mean business. My wildcard pick is running again in the same race, he's won over CD and should run well & Punchbowl Flyer looks to be running into form. Good luck Platty.
Report east end boy May 18, 2021 1:01 PM BST
Hopping for a decent price with this one Seeking Perfection in 4.00 Nott Toyed with Billies girl in 1.00
Report nocturnal May 19, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Jeez .... A week away and its all happening.

Well said everyone regarding our man Tiger,thats what he is to us,our man.

Sounds like you have been incredibly busy over the last few weeks,up at all hours,that must take its toll.

Friday nights will not be the same.

Along with the rest of the heathen shrewdies,been a blast from day 1,you have been a big part of that.

Whatever you decide,behind you 100%.

Your a top man ..... That will not change regardless,always a pleasure Tiger.
Report SontaranStratagem May 21, 2021 1:08 PM BST
Put Bluebell Time up in 1:20 Bath straight win

And 2nd noc, hopefully Tiger comes back after cooling down
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 1:39 PM BST
Looking for a double figured price one to help propel the team up the table..... Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 1:50 PM BST
Noc, are you tempted to put that enigma of a horse up at Haydock? Finally won one LTO and he will love the conditions today.
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Afternoon captain

Not with that pilot,see if he wears the noseband.

Quite keen on the hills horse,looks a promising young stayer who should go on this ground.

No sign of Tiger ? Looks like we need a biggie,win only,thoughts ?
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 2:25 PM BST
I've gone for 2 in the race, Raj and Future Investment
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 2:26 PM BST
Yeah win only today chaps. I think I have one at a price at York.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Plain
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Story of my season thus far!
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 2:36 PM BST
Weak as p!ss again Cry

This horse has been crying out for headgear,always runs better with noseband,hard lines WP.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 2:40 PM BST
He's on my big priced pick for the Derby.

Yeah, the headgear, course & going all helped him today....hit 1/50 IR Plain
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Gone for another Balding stayer at newmarket.

3-40 Cadeau Dor Win

Running out of time WP for Swad/Tiger .... Wildcards ?
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 3:03 PM BST
I went for Lunar Jet for Tiger but I just posted if I can I switch it for Swad. Hopefully UD will be Ok with that. I thought Swad had posted. Plain
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Wildcard Tiger

3-50 york Spoof EW

Hope thats ok team,needed a decision a tad earlier,busy old day as usual.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 3:05 PM BST
I like that one at a price too. Thanks for helping me out today, Noc. I think some of the other chaps have given up now.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Fancy anything in the 2000gns. I.m not playing but I'm hoping wembley can bounce back to some sort of form.
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Carry on Shrewdies film .... Barbara and Sid to post Cry

Had to happen WP,whatever UD decides is fine with me,he could do without the hassle as well.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 3:13 PM BST
Ha ha its getting a bit like that now.

UD is a top man and he's given it the OK Cool
Report nocturnal May 22, 2021 3:21 PM BST
Interested in Mac Swiney ... Love the trainer,and his back end run last season.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 22, 2021 3:27 PM BST
Hope you was on. Good to see one of the good guys winning the big races over this flat season. Wembley hasn't trained on
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 22, 2021 7:10 PM BST
Ffs sorry I have let the team down no selection offered
Something came up this morn apologies
Report nocturnal May 23, 2021 8:03 AM BST
No probs Swad .... I,m surprised it has not happened more,I struggled to log in yesterday.

Put that round behind us,come out blasting for the final couple.

A quick look at all the saturdays in both comps,are they telling us something?

Picking up on those small things can make a difference to our own punting long term.

Much more to this competition than I first thought,there are lessons in there somewhere.
Report Platinum May 23, 2021 2:02 PM BST
Put up Tommy Beau.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 23, 2021 2:07 PM BST
No worries Swad. I just wish I'd put the horse up that broke your duck in the comp! Really sweet on my double figured price  selection yesterday, hit odds on IR but got picked up close home. Also backed one at 16s on here that hit 1/50 IR before getting touched off. I put in a keep lay at a very short price on all my bets so as to get my stake back, its something I've added into my betting over the last couple of years. It kind of helps me to accept these losers but I'd much rather they got the job done and I give 1/2pt of my potential profit back!
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 23, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Nice one Platty.Happy I put it in a F/C with Say Nothing. That's the joy of betting on horse racing, you can turn the page and start again the next day. Cool
Report chavman May 23, 2021 10:05 PM BST
wd platCoolfancied brentford hope but the 7/4>11/4 put me off putting it up.

sean currans have been earning me plenty and he has one in the 1.00 tmrw currently 14s but only 2 places.lets see how the market pans out.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 24, 2021 4:17 PM BST
Apologies Swad, it was SS who broke his duck in the comp with that rapidly improving sprinter.

Good to see you back on the thread again, Chav. GL to yourself and the lads this week.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 28, 2021 10:35 AM BST
Np Whipp, you’ve got the right idea with the short price insurance lays Imo, what your giving away in value you are gaining back with less overall variance

Mine today is Ey Up it’s Maggie 240 Carl it will act on the ground and don’t fancy the two in front of it in the market, the favs form is average and the 2nd fav performed terribly on its last run at Catterick if you take into account the rail bias that night it was about +3L imo.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 28, 2021 2:51 PM BST
Very well done Swad. Cool That's 2 from 2 this week for the shrew chaps.

Swad, I have to do it because I back a huge number of horses who enjoy coming second! Yet again today, Afandem hit 1.07 IR Plain
Report east end boy May 28, 2021 2:56 PM BST
Lets see if I can get nearer ist then last with Khuan 7.10 Pont
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 28, 2021 5:05 PM BST
Good luck EEB!
Report SontaranStratagem May 28, 2021 5:05 PM BST
I've put Azets up in the 5:20 Yarmouth win only

Be nice if this runs well to be honest
Report SontaranStratagem May 28, 2021 5:07 PM BST
And good luck EEB
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 28, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Tar Whip, easier to say after winner to make it look like less aftertiming but my tip last Sat would 100% of been a 10/1 shot that placed Sad
Report nocturnal May 29, 2021 12:57 PM BST
Good stuff Plat / Swad.

Any thoughts today WP,a little earlier on the wildcard will keep the heart rate down.

Your due a change of luck Captain
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 29, 2021 1:20 PM BST
UL SS & EEB. Good day Noc, still sorting through a few, nothing set in stone just yet. It would be nice if every team member posted a selection for the wildcard along with a bit of reasoning.
Report nocturnal May 29, 2021 2:36 PM BST
Afternoon WP

5-00 chester Rival EW

Balding horse later at chester,decent draw,liked his epsom run,like to see him lead.

Couple of others later were possibles,3-50 Hasanabad  and at a big price 3-15 Coul Queen,both at chester.

Best of luck today gents.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 29, 2021 3:01 PM BST
Really struggling for a bet today so gone for a couple EW in the comp. Both should run their races. No suggestions for the wildcard again so I had to pick something.
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 29, 2021 5:07 PM BST
Get in there Noc! Its been a while between drinks but it was worth the wait! Cool
Report chavman May 29, 2021 5:09 PM BST
WD noc
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 29, 2021 6:54 PM BST
2 more added to the collection. Plain
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 31, 2021 3:55 PM BST
Noc noc
Report Platinum June 1, 2021 8:58 PM BST
I've put up Tontos Spirit for tomorrow at Cartmel, wouldn't want to be a layer of this one, has a great course record.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 2, 2021 12:06 AM BST
Ok and I am sticking up Atomic Lady 550 Ripon, quite simply to me that is the best form on limited evidence, it needs to negotiate this draw and should be very close at the finish if doing so.
Report SontaranStratagem June 2, 2021 2:25 AM BST
Hopefully we end the comp on a high Cool

Well played noc and all other winners the past few weeks Cool
Report Platinum June 2, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Tontos Spirit was 9/4 last night when I put it up, never mind its points on the board. Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 2, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Nice one Platty! Cool You can set your clock by him at Cartmel. Grand horse!
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 2, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Good luck Swad. Will no doubt go out in front and it will be a case of catch me if you can.
Report Platinum June 2, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Good luck ItsMeSwaddle.
Report Platinum June 2, 2021 5:53 PM BST
Nice one ItsMeSwaddle Happy more points on the board.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 2, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Ty all WD Plat, the SHROODS are going along ok.
Report SontaranStratagem June 4, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Been a good comp overall well done lads, unlucky we came up against a team firing them in every round Cry

I've gone for Loch Ness Monster EW in the 2:25, try to end it with some points and sign off with hopefully a good one

Well done plat Cool
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 4, 2021 2:24 PM BST
Well done Swad. Cool Puts us in decent position.

Good luck SS. But its not all over just yet, there is still one more round after this one. It would be truly awful if the top team couldn't manage to put another winner on the board this round. Devil
Report Platinum June 4, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Called in to post up South Terrace then realised that I'd already been to the well this week Excited
Report SontaranStratagem June 4, 2021 4:45 PM BST
Forgot it was 8 rounds whippin sorry

Another awful run I'm on in this comp Cry got to try and find better horses Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem June 4, 2021 4:46 PM BST
Although Loch Ness Monster looks like a Doncaster type horse to me, if it runs on a galloping track with a long run in it'll be winning
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 12:15 PM BST
He ran OK sonny. You have another round to find one but you have to be pleased with your improved performance this time around. Grin

If any team member is particular sweet on one today.....step up and lets take this round down!
I wonder if Noc has another nice winner for the team again this week?
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 12:17 PM BST
We are going to need at least one good priced winner to secure victory in this round
Report nocturnal June 5, 2021 1:12 PM BST
Something about a blind squirrel captain Whoops

Not certain yet re selection,will be 1st/2nd race at epsom,now only 7 in the first which changes things.

I agree,need at least one winner,not sure a few place points will do it.

Sent a few over,including a theory on that race at the surrey dog track Shocked

WP Plat/Swad,some of the others went well too.
Report nocturnal June 5, 2021 1:55 PM BST
2-00 Epsom Zhang Fei Win

Just the 7 runners now,gone for the win.

Should relish this trip,canny outfit,eyecatching on french runs,and lingfield novice.

Good Luck WP
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Blind squirrel and stopped clocks!
Devil

Hopefully yours has got in lightly.....
Report nocturnal June 5, 2021 2:27 PM BST
Not today WP .... Never expected that to lead,first one beat.

Up to you captain,about time it turned for you,best of luck.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 2:40 PM BST
Very sweet on Soto Sizzler in the 5.15. He's a 10lb better horse here and at Goodwood and I'm hopeful he can turn the form around with the fav. I'm on one at a huge price Ante Post in the Derby so I may put him up as the wildcard. I'm very much open to suggestions but I think we will need one at a price. Jarveys Plate must go close at Worcester but the price isn't to my liking now.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 2:56 PM BST
GeorgeB smashed in the winner of that race....I shall be putting in a huge offer for him during the transfer window! Now nothing but 2 winner will suffice
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 5, 2021 5:08 PM BST
John Leeper lost the race before it even began. With hindsight, should have put the one up from Worcester. Looking to redeem myself with the nap.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 9, 2021 10:18 AM BST
Fancied Authorised Speed over the sticks today after it really rushed home for 2nd at M Rasen, well sticks meeting, flat race you know what I mean, looked visably handy to me, wont stick something that short up though.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 10, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Well done Chav. She looks to have a very bright future. Feel free to use the wildcard this week. GL Cool
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 11, 2021 12:00 PM BST
Lads really not a lot to say about my selection its odds on and i make 4/5 decent value if it does go off that, hopefully if it wins this boosts us nicely and isnt pointless.

12:30 Sandown Mojomaker, surely better than a 4/5 chance if it can deliver what it has previously.

Good luck with your sels lads and WD Chav
Report Platinum June 11, 2021 1:27 PM BST
Nice one ItsMeSwaddle, its points on the boardHappy

Nice one Chav Happy more points on the board.
Report SontaranStratagem June 11, 2021 1:46 PM BST
Nice one Chav and Swad keeping the points ticking over CoolCool

Be nice to get something on the board again so trying Dashing Dick in the 2:10 Sandown
Report chavman June 11, 2021 5:20 PM BST
WD swad
Report chavman June 11, 2021 5:23 PM BST
Will have a look for the wild card this week WP cheers unless anybody else fancies something strongly
Report chavman June 11, 2021 5:47 PM BST
Like the look of Paul Henderson’s 7.45 tonight.stable been good with gambles and this one looks like it fits the profile
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 11, 2021 6:12 PM BST
Well done Swad. UL Sonny, pulled his chance away.

Go for it Chav. I noticed there was money for it LTO so maybe they want to get it back tonight. GL

I'm going for one in the 8.30 at Aintree.
Report Platinum June 11, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Nice one Whippin Piccadilly Happy
Report nocturnal June 11, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Well played Chav / IMS ,did he drop his hands Sont last few strides ?

WP gets a well deserved success,been knocking at the door in recent weeks.

Best horse captain,or lifted home after the last ? We will never know Wink
Report chavman June 12, 2021 11:52 AM BST
For the wild card I’ve put up baashir 2.35 York e/W

Lightly raced with a distance and firm ground win,Charlie hills in good form,money for it and looks a solid e/W shout.

GL
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 12, 2021 1:51 PM BST
Cheers Platty & Noc. There was a moment at the last I thought "not another 2nd" But the lad gathered her up and they went on to get the job done nicely Cool So a bit of both I think, Noc. Grin

I notice you was unlucky last Saturday too...25/1 shot just collared late on. Plain I had 1/2pt on the Fact's notebook horse too but I should have posted it up on the thread. I've got a bit of work to do to get back in profit but I shall be all guns blazing next week! I think that's a good idea about posting some notebook horse on there too.

Good swerve last night Chav! So good luck with yours today and to the rest of the lads to play.
Report Tiger Tiger June 12, 2021 2:07 PM BST
Seinesational in the 8.30 Worcester is the one I've put up for tis week, it was either that or Exitas in the 9.00, oh for summer racing and late finishes.
Report Tiger Tiger June 12, 2021 2:08 PM BST
LaughCrazy

That'll get glentoby going.

Good luck lads.
Report Tiger Tiger June 12, 2021 2:09 PM BST
I still look in, nice to see all going well and good luck for the rest of the final round.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 12, 2021 2:27 PM BST
Platty put that one up.....Confused good to see you though Tiger/Platty Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 12, 2021 2:30 PM BST
UL EEB, just done on the line.
Report Platinum June 12, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Tiger Tiger you copy and pasted my selection you plonker!!Shocked Was just about to post it on here now lunch has finished.
Report Tiger Tiger June 12, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Soz Platty.  Lets see if it gets a bite from you know who Laugh He's being asked for on the horse forum Mischief.
Report Platinum June 12, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Bashir a lovely winner, well done Chav Cool
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 12, 2021 2:43 PM BST
Nice use of the Wildcard by Chav. Well done man Cool
Report nocturnal June 12, 2021 2:56 PM BST
WP Chav .... Hard lines EEB,very close,ran well.

Kepala 4-35 Sandown EW

Good luck Plat
Report Platinum June 12, 2021 3:00 PM BST
Good luck with yours nocturnal.
Report Platinum June 12, 2021 4:40 PM BST
That was unlucky nocturnal, ran a cracker to finish 4th.
Report Tiger Tiger June 12, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Awful scenes at the football CryCryCry
Report SontaranStratagem June 18, 2021 2:20 PM BST
Put Prettiest up in the 2:30, straight win as we need points

Last selection of the comp so hopefully go out with a bang, We've done well but the winner have well and truly dried up 2nd half of the race for me Cry
Report Platinum June 18, 2021 3:23 PM BST
Unlucky SS.

I put Alenquer up a couple of days ago when it was 9/4, still 13/8 will do its points on the board.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 18, 2021 11:46 PM BST
Hi Lads been another pleasurable campaign, well done all.

I finish off tomorrow with Chiefofchiefs EW in the 5pm at Ascot
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com