Forums

Your Competitions

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lmlac
31 May 20 12:20
| Topic/replies: 13,811 | Blogger: lmlac's blog
If you want to join the comp just start posting selections on the DIVISION 3 THREAD.

Our rules:

1 - You have to choose 1 horse each day. Winners will be returned at SP/Industry Prices and stake is 1 point. If no SP/Industry Price is returned winning selections will be settled as non-runners.     

2 - Only UK and Irish races featured on the Racing Post daily cards page are eligible.

3 - Selections must be posted AT LEAST 1 hour before the scheduled start time of your selected race. Failure to comply will result in the selection being declared Invalid and treated as a Non Selection. See rule 8.    

4 - Selections may be changed as long as it is at least 1hr prior to the scheduled start time of your original race OR if the selection is a NR or deemed invalid ( Rule 3 MUST still be adhered to).    

5 - Rule 4 and Dead Heat rules will apply to SP/Industry Prices.    

6 - Sunday selections will be optional unless it is the last day of the month. On optional Sundays there will be no deductions for non-posters and Rule 8 will not apply.    

7 - LAST DAY RULES for the last day of the month : all selections must be made BY THE SCHEDULED OFF TIME OF THE FIRST RACE of the day, you can't choose a horse already selected by another competitor in the same division, and only named horses are allowed.    Detailed rules are posted on the last day of the month.

8 - On any day that a competitor does not post (excluding Sundays and final days) they will automatically revert to a possible maximum of 5 rest days per calendar month, which will be settled as a non-runner. However, once the total of non-posting days for a month reaches 5, further days when no selections are made in that month will be classed as a loser. You have the option of other napsters to post on your behalf for as long as required if you wish.    

9 - Reserve selections will only be allowed to cover the possibility of a meeting being abandoned.    

10 - In the event of a tie the person who has used least rest days will be deemed to finish above the person they have tied with.    

11 - In the event of a major Betfair upgrade which may affect the ability to post on the Forum before racing starts that day will have Sunday rules applied (ie. no deduction for non-posters).    

12 - Quite often, things can crop up that aren`t strictly covered by the above rules (grey areas) in these instances please abide by the individual settler`s decision/ruling.

Like the other settlers I use a spreadsheet to scrape the selections from the forum and match them up with the results.  If the selections are written in the format Nijinsky - 4.30 Plumpton (they don't need to be in bold!) then they will automatically be matched with the results without me having to do anything. Which is a very good thing. But if they are written in your own idiosyncratic format such as 430 P Nijinski, then they often don't get matched up and I have to manually do the matching. Which is a bad thing. Because the more trouble the process is for us settlers then the less likely we'll want to continue doing it. 95% of people get it right and I thank you all for that.
Pause Switch to Standard View PREMIER DIVISION MONDAY 1st JUNE
Show More
Report lmlac May 31, 2020 12:24 PM BST
My PC is dead so I can't access the spreadsheet for the end of March. As far as I can gather these are the Premier division contestants:

acey deucy
After_Timer
alist5.
Aquarius
BinocularsNotNeeded
bluenose7
china castle
Cloughie1
Draw1
DubaiPrince
Hilly
I am the one and only223
Jesus
Kenny Tw@t
Kentish Man
little.bobby
madhatter
madrigal
motseel
posy
Pretend Friend
racing green
salmon spray
scissors
SkintofGreatYarmouth
SkyAtlantic
soldieroffortune
Sowerby Boy
Totally Made Up
Value-Seeker

Shout out if I've missed anybody.
Report madhatter May 31, 2020 9:51 PM BST
Geizy Teizy - 1.35 Newcastle

Thanks Imlac
Report alist5. June 1, 2020 7:41 AM BST
mutasaamy - 1.35 nc
Report salmon spray June 1, 2020 9:48 AM BST
Wise Glory - 6.15 Newcastle
Report Hilly June 1, 2020 10:55 AM BST
Ice Pyramid - 5.05 Newcastle

Cheers
Report racing green June 1, 2020 10:58 AM BST
Art Power - 2.45 Newcastle

Thanks
Report lmlac June 1, 2020 11:04 AM BST
SkyAtlantic

Mutasaamy - 1.35 Newcastle

Cloughie1

Frankly Darling - 5.40 Newcastle
Report Value-Seeker June 1, 2020 11:58 AM BST
I’m in
Report Sowerby Boy June 1, 2020 12:06 PM BST
Thibaan 5.40 Newcastle.

Thanks.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 1, 2020 12:16 PM BST
Presume I am in mate.

Check out March Div 2 where i was 3rd, must of been missed off.

Brian the Snail - 320 Newcastle

Ty
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 1, 2020 12:17 PM BST
Ignore above ive just realised there is a Div 1 , see you all soon Laugh
Report Kenny Twat June 1, 2020 12:40 PM BST
Art Power - 2.45 New Cool
Report bluenose7 June 1, 2020 2:16 PM BST
December Second - 5.05 Newc.

Thx's.  Wink
Report Value-Seeker June 1, 2020 4:28 PM BST
Thibaan - 5.40 Newcastle

Thanks.