Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 568 comments are related to the topic:
Tennis Talk 2021: Vol 14 (Geneva, Lyon, Parma, Belgrade)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 568
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:54
that's like saying Sascha Zverev served double faults.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 22:54
or caramba made typos.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:56
oh well it's a shame I missed such an exciting day. when I briefly looked on flashcore the things that stood out were Roger losing, Serena losing to Curly Kat and the Kasatkina/Sloane battle.
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 22:57
I didn't quite catch clearly what he was mad about. He definitely had objections to the court. That I am sure of. I think he found the lines, or at least part of one line, to be raised too far above the clay. Must have watched Rafa in Rome.

That he had just lost the first set probably didn't help his mood. Nor did that he had let go of a 0-30 chance when his polish opponent whose surname I will never be able spell with ease served for the first set.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 22:59
come on dude, it's Majchrzak. MAJ-CH-R-ZAK
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:00
the general feeling I get from this thread is that Toadie was really excited today
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 23:15
What else can I tell you...?

The 2020 Boys' Roland Garros champion announced himself to the ATP main tour with a bang in what must have been a very emotional match in front of 5 hometown fans in Geneva. Didn't watch it myself though.

Federer collapsed against ****g Andujar, all due respect, in front of the same 5 hometown fans.

Reka-Luka Jani was winning, then she wasn't winning anymore and had physical problems. Followed by her winning again and running out to a 5*-2 lead against Martincova (who has had plenty of ink added to her scribbled arm recently), followed by her not winning anymore, followed by Martincova being really mad at herself for losing from 5-5 30-15.

Serena Williams apparently put in a suboptimal effort about 10 hours ago, which led to the forum arguing about it ever since then.

Tsonga was accused of still playing professional tennis when he quite blatantly does a lot of things, but playing tennis it is not.

Rebekka Pettersson won a match. That is always worth pointing out these days.

King Paolo fought his heart out against a very tough and brilliantly talented opponent, but it wasn't to be.

At a slightly lower level of tennis, Elvina Kalieva, who became really famous by playing in the California UTR last year, won her first completed above W15 level. A very exciting milestone in the still very young career of the US American teenager.

Sara Cakarevic again didn't make it out of qualies, having been beaten 10-8 in the tiebreak that always replaces the third set in ITF qualies. Pay will be minimal again for her this week.
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:18
did you follow the Konjuh match or the Kasatkina/Sloane match?
By:
edy
When: 18 May 21 23:20
Konjuh
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:20
RA RA RA!
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:24
so what gives with Federer? how did he look to you? rusty? using it as a warm up or approaching finnish?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 23:28

May 18, 2021 -- 5:15PM, edy wrote:

What else can I tell you...?The 2020 Boys' Roland Garros champion announced himself to the ATP main tour with a bang in what must have been a very emotional match in front of 5 hometown fans in Geneva. Didn't watch it myself though.Federer collapsed against ****g Andujar, all due respect, in front of the same 5 hometown fans.Reka-Luka Jani was winning, then she wasn't winning anymore and had physical problems. Followed by her winning again and running out to a 5*-2 lead against Martincova (who has had plenty of ink added to her scribbled arm recently), followed by her not winning anymore, followed by Martincova being really mad at herself for losing from 5-5 30-15.Serena Williams apparently put in a suboptimal effort about 10 hours ago, which led to the forum arguing about it ever since then.Tsonga was accused of still playing professional tennis when he quite blatantly does a lot of things, but playing tennis it is not.Rebekka Pettersson won a match. That is always worth pointing out these days.King Paolo fought his heart out against a very tough and brilliantly talented opponent, but it wasn't to be.At a slightly lower level of tennis, Elvina Kalieva, who became really famous by playing in the California UTR last year, won her first completed above W15 level. A very exciting milestone in the still very young career of the US American teenager.Sara Cakarevic again didn't make it out of qualies, having been beaten 10-8 in the tiebreak that always replaces the third set in ITF qualies. Pay will be minimal again for her this week.

CryCryCry

By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:29
and that 2nd set looks an awfully tame ending for Serena. normally Kat is double faulting her head off
By:
wisewords
When: 18 May 21 23:29
hey caramba, stop being a jerk. I'd write a story of the main points of action if you missed an exciting day
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 18 May 21 23:30
I wouldn't ask.
By:
Angoose
When: 19 May 21 09:07
Federer will now follow Andy Murray's lead, skip Paris and get his grass court shoes out Devil
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 09:30
Brady and Geserer parted ways.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 09:51
Didn't Jools dump him too, despite them have excellent results together?
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 10:01
Jools and Geserer split after the rather unimpressive 2019 clay season.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:05
rain in Lyon
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:06
one little blip and it's goodbye Sad
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:09
I see we have the battle of the Saras again today.
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 10:10
She lost against Kanepi at RG in the first round on May 27. On May 29 she announced the split from Geserer and already presented her new coach.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:11
Kanepi is no mug. Even Simona is super scared of Kanepi.
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 10:12
yeah, but it was an overall disappointing clay season.
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 10:12
Or disappointing everything after Auckland.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:14
frickin Danielle outta nowhere at the Aussie Open.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 10:36
but my point is, she had the best results of her career with Geserer. Then they have a few bad months and it's "BYE!". No patience.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
Or he's like Fisette and is very demanding?
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
Same thing with Jen B.
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 10:39
I do not know.
By:
wisewords
When: 19 May 21 11:15
do you need a hug edy? it seem you had quite a traumatic day yesterday
By:
wisewords
When: 19 May 21 11:15
seems*
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 11:31
I do Sad
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 11:38
Saras time.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 11:39
come to the UK edy. We're allowed to hug now.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 11:39
edy had a great day yesterday, he got to argue which he loves.
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 11:41
Even people that are not fully vaccinated are officially allowed to hug in the UK?
By:
edy
When: 19 May 21 11:41
I still have not even been invited for my first dose.
By:
SamuelMertensBertens
When: 19 May 21 11:42
hugs for everyone I believe.
Page 6 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo